Erik Koch vs. Ricardo Lamas...Who wins?

lildog

A Warrior's Heart
@red
Reaction score
Do you think Koch can stop the takedowns and outpoint or KO him standing? Does this fight look like the Brookins one? Anyone know why its been so long since Koch has fought(*pulled out of multiple fights due to injury/what was it)? Koch appears to be almost as skilled as his teammate Pettis...very similar fighting style but he lacks the big wins to really justify the comparison at this point IMO. I wish the Poirier fight happened.

Koch by decision.

im gonna say Koch takes this one by decision but Lamas could surprise me like he did against Hioki

Let me check my crystal ball and get back to you. Also I expect 50% of everything you win.

I'd take Koch.. I just think he's one of the best FWs out there.. So much talent in that guy

Does anyone here think Lamas has the wrestling to make it more a grappling war...or has Koch's wrestling improved enough to where the best he can hope for is to try and push him against the cage like Brookins did and lose a clinch/stand up fight? I think Lamas has improved his striking but he was bested by Alcantara and most seem to forget that.

Erik Koch by t/ko. Koch has very, very good takedown defense and his striking is on another level.

I also believe that Koch will get the (T)KO stoppage here.

Im not surprised at so many people totally overlooking Lamas here...lol sherdog. Koch will fight ringrust too, and his last fight vs Brookins wasnt great, at all.

Lamas KO'd Grice, submitted Swanson and outgrappled Hioki since he joined the UFC.

I think is more well rounded than Koch and that he will actually win this fight.

Of course Koch could very well take it and I wouldnt be surprised...

Im not surprised at so many people totally overlooking Lamas here...lol sherdog. Koch will fight ringrust too, and his last fight vs Brookins wasnt great, at all.

Lamas KO'd Grice, submitted Swanson and outgrappled Hioki since he joined the UFC.

I think is more well rounded than Koch and that he will actually win this fight.

He didn't out grapple Hikoi. He out struck him and was able to grab a hold of guillotines when Hioki did try to take it down.

I'll take Lamas to win a decision

It's never a great idea to bet on someone coming off a layoff due to injuries

I'm hoping for a Koch KO. I see also moving to lw after he beats Edgar so Koch vs kz for the title would be foty.

I consider Lamas the Mark Munoz of featherweight. Good fighter with some great key wins, whose definitely fighting past what his potential should've been thanks to hard work. I see Koch knocking him out though.

He was KOed by Alcantara who was/is underrated but i think its safe to say Koch is the superior striker to both. I can see the same happening here.

Where is Harcan Dias in the discussion of FW top contenders....

Back