Erick Silva's gas tank is embarassing.. He should've wrecked Brown.

More than one weakness. In fact, outside of his athleticism I am not sure what his strengths are. A better BJJ practitioner would have gotten the sub. His fight IQ is low. His movement is fast, but not technical or intelligent. He doesn't have much striking defense or head movement. His striking isn't elite.

-Adrenaline dump
-Getting punched in the face makes you even more tired
-He throws lots of power shots
-Tried hard for the sub.

All of this and if you don't understand it.... it's because you've never been in an MMA bout.

This ... I think it became pretty evident that his cardio was pretty suspect after his fight with Fitch. Doesn't help that he's trying to kill you with every shot he throws.

By that logic, Gono, Carneiro, Thiago, Pierce and Saunders all must have suspect cardio.

5vyhoy.jpg

Go to sleep

Do you know the difference between a KO and TKO win?

Erick Silva puts everything into every single thing he does, its not a metter of condiitioning since i am sure he is a highly train athelete of the highest caliber, its more how he uses said energy in his fights. He is very wasteful with it and does not know how to breath.

Considering his age, this is all you are going to get too.

Before the match he uses at least 20-25% energy due to hitting himself and being overly energetic. I would walk in there like a nun and then unleash the beast. :icon_chee

All of this and if you don't understand it.... it's because you've never been in an MMA bout.

I have seen TONS of fighters even in heavier divisions pass trough that and last 3 rounds not being a zombie. Just remember Pezao vs Hunt, 5 rounds and those are not Cain.

Sorry, but an athletic fighter like Silva should have a much better response than 2 minutes and then gets gassed.

I dont know why NO ONE is mentioning the weight cut, is the only logical explanation for me, he is athletic and young, this looks just wrong

My reaction to Erick Silvas cardio:

ufc_on_fuel_tv_wallid_ismail_i_want_erick_silva_to_prove_hes_the_real_deal.jpg

I have seen TONS of fighters even in heavier divisions pass trough that and last 3 rounds not being a zombie. Just remember Pezao vs Hunt, 5 rounds and those are not Cain.

Sorry, but an athletic fighter like Silva should have a much better response than 2 minutes and then gets gassed.

I dont know why NO ONE is mentioning the weight cut, is the only logical explanation for me, he is athletic and young, this looks just wrong

What the hell does weight have to do with cardio?

By that logic, Gono, Carneiro, Thiago, Pierce and Saunders all must have suspect cardio.

Query?

Pierce won the third round against Fitch. Fitch destroyed Erick Silva so badly in the third round that most fans had it 10-8.

I seem to remember him getting beaten up right after the scramble when they get up. Could be wrong. But after that he was wobbling all over the place. Which could be tiredness, or it could be wobbliness.

After the scramble Brown landed a knee to the body against the cage, an elbow in the clinch and then another knee to the body as they separated. After that Silva started his running away on unsteady legs routine. I personally didn't think any of the shots landed flush or with enough impact to have him that hurt. To me, it just looked like he gassed out on the ground but it only became evident after the first time there was some distance between them.

As for the OP, my answer is genetics. Not everyone is capable of having a great gas tank or even a good one. Combine a poor gas tank with an all or nothing aggressive style like Silva uses against one of the most relentless pressure fighters in the division and that's what happens when it doesn't end early. I could be wrong and he could just not be training the way he should but that would surprise me.

Tank wasn't impressive but Silva got rocked early and often, that will take the wind out of your sails.

Do this many people GENUINELY not understand that getting your ass kicked tires you out, or are these just troll threads?

Erick Silva has ONE weakness.. His gas tank. It's unbelievable that some professionals gas as quickly as they do. If Erick Silva had a gas tank, he would be undefeated. He gassed against Fitch and lost the deciding round, he was killing Dong Hyun Kim until he gassed and couldnt even hold his hands up, and he gassed against Brown in the 1st freakin round.

Brown is exciting as hell but he would get wrecked by any of the elite WW's. It sucks that Erick Silva can't patch up his one hole, which would make him elite. He had serious champion potential.

Let's send you take a beating by Brown for a round and a half and let's see how your gas tank is fat kid ...

Very easy to start stupid white belt thread with you ass behind your computer.

Too much fast twitch, not enough defense = look great but top 30.

What the hell does weight have to do with cardio?

Really ???!!!! omg

weight, size, fat, muscles, oxygen, heart, blood, you know, is not that difficult, you can solve the puzzle by yourself

a hint:

Lets see a 5 rounds HW bout and a 5 rounds flyweight bout and you can answer too.

Do this many people GENUINELY not understand that getting your ass kicked tires you out, or are these just troll threads?

Yea, that would be a GENUINELY good point if Erick Silva had not gassed BEFORE getting his ass kicked. What part of droppin matt Brown with a body kick, trying to finish him with punches before taking his back and trying to choke him was him getting his ass kicked?

Please, let me in on this oh so superior knowledge of yours that the rest of us all lack, i GENUINELY want to know your GENUINE opinion on shit you GENUINELY pulled out of your ass.

Back