Erick Silva's gas tank is embarassing.. He should've wrecked Brown.

You can get tired many ways, doesn't really have to do with cardio

It's the same with power, I can basically kick someone in the balls and take away their power. Then I can call them pillow fists :icon_chee

You are using that SHIT HAPPENS IN FIGHTS facade, clearly isn't a reason.

Brown went to work on Silva and it payed whereas Erick looked lost, it was no coincidence at all.

Remember the Fitch fight? Apparently his camp said that the excuse was his diet. Wonder what it is now....

Besides, Brown has always been an overwhelming attack guy, more brawn than style. So that whole 'who knows what could've happened in the first round' is an excuse it of itself.

Well. Shit does happen in fights. Rockhold broke his toe in a bout where he dominated (against Boestch). Who knows why Silva could have gassed except Silva. Go compete in a combat sport. Even if you are highly prepared, things happen once the actual fight begins. I had teammates in wrestling who made it to State, then had the nerves get to them in their important matches, and they gassed. Seriously. Go talk to competitors themselves and listen to all their stories about how the unexpectedcan happen in a fight.

Plus I'm not exactly excusing Silva gassing. As I explained to you, using it as a reason to discredit Brown is my issue with this whole thing.

Honestly I have no idea. I'm no pro but I do train extensively. My philosophy is cardio is everything, if you get tired you die so I took on the Nick Diaz style of cardio in triathalon training. I normally went for 4-5 hours of Muy thai, BJJ, and MMA back to back when I could afford it and put in a good 2 hours on the bag everyday. I'm assuming these athletes are in way better shape than me as i'm no alpha/jock/pro-athlete. I'd be absolutely EMBARRASSED if I gassed even within 2 rounds. I can only guess it comes from the extensive weight cutting they put themselves through. If they're training 4-5 hours at a gym round after round everyday for months(i understand there's a difference in intensity/pressure) and then can't go 10 minutes(in this case 5) on fight night... no matter what the circumstances the weight cut is just doing too much dmg.

-Adrenaline dump
-Getting punched in the face makes you even more tired
-He throws lots of power shots
-Tried hard for the sub.

At this point in his career he shouldn't be having an Adrenaline dump, if he's yet to adapt to the spotlight he may never.

The others are possible, but he was tired before he took any big shots and the other two shouldn't have gassed him out that quickly, if you train throwing hard shots and any BJJ you should be able to survive what he did without being tired (for the most part the sub would have worn his arms out but not make him tired, they would be heavy from the build up of blood.)

Only thing I would think is he really doesn't put the work in or he will just never have the tank despite working hard, both of which are bad bad traits for a pro.

T
Matt Brown worked him masterfully and managed to make Erick looked pedestrian. That's that.... do you all know where your bed is?

Matt Brown did not work him masterfully, he actually looked quite pathetic, throwing blow after blow and not being able to land that KO punch, elbow or knee.

Any decent striker would have been able to seal the deal much earlier.

I think he gassed first

got beaten BECAUSE he gassed in first place (remember fight begins with almost a finish by Silva)

I seem to remember him getting beaten up right after the scramble when they get up. Could be wrong. But after that he was wobbling all over the place. Which could be tiredness, or it could be wobbliness.

there are LOTS of fighter with that conditions, and no one is gassed out in the FIRST ROUND.

I mean, i made this thread because this doesnt make sense. He is just gassed TOO quickly, looks almost unhealthy.

No one thinks weight cut could be a reason??? I mean, he is an athlete, even Roy Nelson !! with his belly had better cardio than Erick Silva, how is that even possible ?!

Then maybe he came in with an injury, who knows. Its possible he wasn't in good shape to begin with, it happens occasionally where fighters can't train 100% and don't come in the kind of shape to go 25 hard minutes of fighting.

Good Lord how many of these threads are there going to be...

Matt Brown did not work him masterfully, he actually looked quite pathetic, throwing blow after blow and not being able to land that KO punch, elbow or knee.

Because Matt Brown is a 10x Lumpinee Stadioun/K-1 MAX Champ/Olympian boxer, right??

The man isn't Silva-esque with his striking, but he did land enough to break a tough dude like Silva unlike all of his previous opponents. Was this your first time watching him?

Well. Shit does happen in fights. Rockhold broke his toe in a bout where he dominated (against Boestch). Who knows why Silva could have gassed except Silva. Go compete in a combat sport. Even if you are highly prepared, things happen once the actual fight begins. I had teammates in wrestling who made it to State, then had the nerves get to them in their important matches, and they gassed. Seriously. Go talk to competitors themselves and listen to all their stories about how the unexpectedcan happen in a fight.

Plus I'm not exactly excusing Silva gassing. As I explained to you, using it as a reason to discredit Brown is my issue with this whole thing.

I am not excusing Silva nor discrediting him, but he performed the way he did and that's that, adrenaline dump/jitters/pressure/etc. and all.

My gripe is utilizing the term 'average' and tying it to Silva.

Right bc its not possible that silva can take a punch or anything, he's only a ufc fighter.

Yeah, with about 2 mins to go in r1, they get up and Brown hits him with a knee and then an elbow. Silva stumbles backwards, and then gets blasted more against the cage.

Honestly I have no idea. I'm no pro but I do train extensively. My philosophy is cardio is everything, if you get tired you die so I took on the Nick Diaz style of cardio in triathalon training. I normally went for 4-5 hours of Muy thai, BJJ, and MMA back to back when I could afford it and put in a good 2 hours on the bag everyday. I'm assuming these athletes are in way better shape than me as i'm no alpha/jock/pro-athlete. I'd be absolutely EMBARRASSED if I gassed even within 2 rounds. I can only guess it comes from the extensive weight cutting they put themselves through. If they're training 4-5 hours at a gym round after round everyday for months(i understand there's a difference in intensity/pressure) and then can't go 10 minutes(in this case 5) on fight night... no matter what the circumstances the weight cut is just doing too much dmg.

THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT !!

This guys are professionals, 4-5 hours per day training in the gym and you gas after 2 or 3 minutes ???

A guy out of shape like Roy Nelson last 3 rounds and look much better than a WELTERWEIGHT in 2 minutes?

there is a PROBLEM here, and remember he is BRAZILIAN, so, if he were injured or something everyone already knew it (even if is not true lol)

I am not excusing Silva nor discrediting him, but he performed the way he did and that's that, adrenaline dump/jitters/pressure/etc. and all.

My gripe is utilizing the term 'average' and tying it to Silva.

Well. His cardio is average at best. But, I agree. He has a very impressive skillset.

he had an exhausting first round and squeezed the shit out of his arms trying 4 the sub

Right bc its not possible that silva can take a punch or anything, he's only a ufc fighter.

The guy got KO'ed by Dong man for christ sakes, he can't take a punch.

Mind you, prior to their meeting, Dong had 0 KO wins in the UFC (out of 11 fights). He popped that cherry against Silva.

Well. His cardio is average at best. But, I agree. He has a very impressive skillset.

To be fair, I did expect more from him, but at the same time, Brown did what he does best, so that's that.

Should he gas again against the likes of TJ Waldburger, Guy Lim or Bahadurzada then this argument would become a more solid one

Erick Silva has never had a gas tank.

All of his wins in the UFC have ended in the first round. His losses went past the first, which is why he lost.

So one could make an argument that if you can weather the storm in the first round, the second and third you can rag-doll his ass all you want and impose your will.

This ... I think it became pretty evident that his cardio was pretty suspect after his fight with Fitch. Doesn't help that he's trying to kill you with every shot he throws.

He doesn't handle pressure very well either. That combines with a poor gass tank to be an "all-in-1 fatal floor". If he doesn't totally destroy the guy early on, he fades. Pretty much the EXACT opposite to Brown. Admittedly, last night, he took his lumps like a man and showed a lot of toughness.

The guy got KO'ed by Dong man for christ sakes, he can't take a punch.

Mind you, prior to their meeting, Dong had 0 KO wins in the UFC (out of 11 fights). He popped that cherry against Silva.

5vyhoy.jpg

Go to sleep

Back