Erick Silva's gas tank is embarassing.. He should've wrecked Brown.

The Erick Silva gassed argument is embarrassing and ignorant. Why did he gas? Because he got hit with over 100+ significant strikes. You really think he didn't train and only has 4 minutes of cardio with a minute break?

Youre good with excuses

How am I making excuses?

Silva lost because his cardio wasn't up to snuff. That's the most obvious conclusion to come to why he lost.

Now, discrediting Brown for showing up with great cardio while Silva didn't is bullshit. Cardio is as much of fighting as any technique is. And discrediting Brown's performance because Silva gassed out is ridiculous.

So, remind me how I'm making excuses?

(English is not my first language, sorry)

I am confused, how is possible for WELTERWEIGHT PRO FIGHTER, yes, pro fighter AND welterweight (is not like he is 260 lbs or something) to have SO BAD cardio, really. What is the problem here?

He gassed bad in the FIRST ROUND and didnt even throw so many punches, several HW fighters had better cardio than Erick Silva, what is the problem here??

Is he maybe cutting too much weight and that is killing his cardio?? i cant figure it out another explanation, he has lot of potential, just imagine if he had a GREAT CARDIO --> title contender.

What is your theory??? WHY Erick Silva's cardio suck so bad ??

DHK didn't land that many punches on him yet he looked slow. What do you have to say bout that?

Eat clean, tren hard.

J/k but maybe not...

Eating a barrage of shots will do that to you especially if you experience a adrenaline dump. You'll be ready to curl up in the bed and go to sleep let alone continue in the Octogon with a killer like brown after you.

he uses a lot of energy with every movement. the guy throws everything into his kicks punches td attempts.

How am I making excuses?

Silva lost because his cardio wasn't up to snuff. That's the most obvious conclusion to come to why he lost.

Now, discrediting Brown for showing up with great cardio while Silva didn't is bullshit. Cardio is as much of fighting as any technique is. And discrediting Brown's performance because Silva gassed out is ridiculous.

So, remind me how I'm making excuses?

You are using that SHIT HAPPENS IN FIGHTS facade, clearly isn't a reason.

Brown went to work on Silva and it payed whereas Erick looked lost, it was no coincidence at all.

Remember the Fitch fight? Apparently his camp said that the excuse was his diet. Wonder what it is now....

Besides, Brown has always been an overwhelming attack guy, more brawn than style. So that whole 'who knows what could've happened in the first round' is an excuse it of itself.

-Adrenaline dump
-Getting punched in the face makes you even more tired
-He throws lots of power shots
-Tried hard for the sub.

If I had better cardio, power, and overall fighting ability I would beat Erick Silva.

Dumb statements are dumb.
If that, should've this. Uhg.

Erick Silva has never had a gas tank.

All of his wins in the UFC have ended in the first round. His losses went past the first, which is why he lost.

So one could make an argument that if you can weather the storm in the first round, the second and third you can rag-doll his ass all you want and impose your will.

too much sex the night before the fight? I don't know, I've heard of that happening to athlete's before though.

He gassed in the first round and it was a freaking 5 round fight!

-Adrenaline dump
-Getting punched in the face makes you even more tired
-He throws lots of power shots
-Tried hard for the sub.

there are LOTS of fighter with that conditions, and no one is gassed out in the FIRST ROUND.

I mean, i made this thread because this doesnt make sense. He is just gassed TOO quickly, looks almost unhealthy.

No one thinks weight cut could be a reason??? I mean, he is an athlete, even Roy Nelson !! with his belly had better cardio than Erick Silva, how is that even possible ?!

Exactly, and no way was Erick supposed to win in the first place. Period.

These fuckin' Erick Silva = Phil Baroni threads have to stop!

Y'all didn't make threads any after he lost to DHK or when Brown throttled Mein, he looked just as broken as Erick did.

Matt Brown worked him masterfully and managed to make Erick looked pedestrian. That's that.... do you all know where your bed is?

Back