Erick Silva's gas tank is embarassing.. He should've wrecked Brown.

WolfTickets

White Belt
Reaction score
Erick Silva has ONE weakness.. His gas tank. It's unbelievable that some professionals gas as quickly as they do. If Erick Silva had a gas tank, he would be undefeated. He gassed against Fitch and lost the deciding round, he was killing Dong Hyun Kim until he gassed and couldnt even hold his hands up, and he gassed against Brown in the 1st freakin round.

Brown is exciting as hell but he would get wrecked by any of the elite WW's. It sucks that Erick Silva can't patch up his one hole, which would make him elite. He had serious champion potential.

People are gonna shit on you for this, but everything you said is pretty much true.

I agree TS. But he doesn't handle pressure well either. I would count that as a weakness.

What a shit looking show.

Anyways. Yeah, Hopefully Erick can patch that hole in his game.

You've never seen Trailer Park Boys? Do you live under a rock? It's filmed 'mockumentry' stlye. It's supposed to look like that. And it's fucking awesome.

I agree TS. But he doesn't handle pressure well either. I would count that as a weakness.

that more than anything will eat up conditioning. Needs to do some meditation, yoga, sports psychologist stuff and learn to relax (as much as possible).

Because I didnt clearly mention the word "professional" right?

Shit happens in fights. The two fights Silva gassed hard in are this one and his one against Fitch. Against DHK he slowed down but he was starting to land better strikes in round 2, up until the KO.

Fitch and Brown are both grinders. So it's not surprising a guy who has average cardio would gas out against him. Against Brown, who knows. There could be a variety of reasons why he gassed in round 1.

Basically. SHIT HAPPENS IN FIGHTS that only the fighter knows about. Professional or not.

And besides, it's one thing to question Silva's cardio. It's another thing to blatantly discredit Brown and completely bash Silva. You're just being a dick and demonstrating how little you know about fighting.

What a shit looking show.

Anyways. Yeah, Hopefully Erick can patch that hole in his game.

Blasphemy! Trailer Park Boys is one of the best comedies out there.

On topic, Silva has a lot of holes, but his gas tank is the most apparent.

He is very explosive and dangerous in the first few minutes, but he lacks a lot of technical prowess to make up for it, when that power and speed fades later on. He has always been a bit sloppy in the standup.

gas tank is part of the complete fighter brah. That's ALMOST like saying that JDS should of beat Cain but he just didn't have an answer for his grinding style.

It's actually more akin to saying a fighter would of won if his chin was better.

Big Nog's chin is embaressing. He should've wrecked Big Country.

At that point, you can't say fighter A should have wrecked fighter B. technique is just as important as these other intangibles.

It wasn't his Gas tank this fight. It's the fact that he burnt himself out in the first rd, and as soon as Matt came back, he was mentally broken at the point.

Imagine burning your arms out to finish a fight, and not only will he not go away, but he's constantly in your face hitting you with hard punches. Do you not understand how hard that would be to deal with mentally? I'm surprised he didn't quit earlier. The dude's a warrior.

What he needs to work on is his fight IQ. He still has the potential to be champion, it's just that Matt Brown is a certified badass, and he deserves credit for it.

i think getting hit a lot with the pace putting him on the defense had to do with a lot of it lol,

You've never seen Trailer Park Boys? Do you live under a rock? It's filmed 'mockumentry' stlye. It's supposed to look like that. And it's fucking awesome.

I've heard of it. But it looks so terrible and reminds me of Squidbillies and other various stoner terrible shows that I refuse to watch it. It's one of those, I know 100% that I will not like it, and I will not subject myself to torture.

But to each his own lol. I watch Game of Thrones and I am sure there are people who say they will not watch something so nerdy. And to them I say meh.

He's never really beaten anyone noteworthy. Stepping up on the big stage is important as well. He has quite a few holes, really.

Phil Baroni could have been a world beater if he could have got his gas tank under control as well. How'd that work out?

Shit happens in fights. The two fights Silva gassed hard in are this one and his one against Fitch. Against DHK he slowed down but he was starting to land better strikes in round 2, up until the KO.

Fitch and Brown are both grinders. So it's not surprising a guy who has average cardio would gas out against him. Against Brown, who knows. There could be a variety of reasons why he gassed in round 1.

Basically. SHIT HAPPENS IN FIGHTS that only the fighter knows about. Professional or not.

And besides, it's one thing to question Silva's cardio. It's another thing to blatantly discredit Brown and completely bash Silva. You're just being a dick and demonstrating how little you know about fighting.

Youre good with excuses

Back