Erick Silva Zero GAS

His cardio is atrocious...looked spent in the first round.

I'd generally agree, but unless he has some serious holes in his submission game despite being a BB, Brown was ridiculous with his back taken.

I think Silva couldn't fathom how the fight wasn't over, and that fucks with a guy's head.

TS apparently never sparred or even tried to take someone down to have that person get right back up and pressure.

Silva gassed because Brown made him gas.

You think gassing in 3 minutes is acceptable for a professional athlete who weighs 170 lbs? Our opinions differ greatly.

I can't believe how some of you have NO grasp on how getting hit effects the brain and body. Go record yourselves getting hit by a few solid shots without getting KOed and see how off balance and tired you look afterwards lol. His looking bad had nothing to do with "gassing" he was beat the fuck up.

Truth. I can't believe this shit.

TS apparently never sparred or even tried to take someone down to have that person get right back up and pressure.

Silva gassed because Brown made him gas.

That is ridiculous. He didn't get right back up. And Silva didn't get him down. He hurt him with a body kick. And he was trying for a RNC. Afterwards he stood up, couldn't get off the fence and start walking around with his hands down like he just been in a five round war.

Once again Brown was very hurt from the body shots that
dropped him and never gassed. Brown's superior conditioning won him the fight.

I'd more go with "Silva's inferior conditioning."

Brown has great cardio and ridiculous will.

This thirteen guy, though, ffs. At a certain point, he's got to accept that no one agrees with him. Nothing significant happened in the clinch that immediately followed all the back attempts, and the guy got pushed across the ring like standing in place was a chore. He was gassed from an adrenaline dump/submission attempts.

You do realize we could use the very same logic against you by simply switching the word "gas" and "hurt" right? Idiotic post at its finest.

As if you can see at any point he was supposedly gassed from the ground to the clinch. You Shertards have done this on MANY occassion where the fighter is obviously suffering from a severe beat down and act oblivious to how taking a decent shot or two effects someone and just simply blame it on cardio, it's so mind-numbingly idiotic.

The fight goes from the ground to the clinch to Matt connecting on a handful of devastating elbows to the face and knees to the body in a matter of seconds before you can judge Silva's gas tank. I suggest rewatching before just wanting to sound like some wise asses. It's clear as day that the strikes did the damage.

The gassing was mostly his arms. If he dumped, it was during his attempted RNC. You could tell his arms were smoked, especially right after he lost position and both stood up and Brown started firing away. Silva's arms were leaden, dead weight, unable to block shots...for a few seconds he was also kicking instead of throwing punches. He was literally unable to lift his arms for a little while.

Afterwards he stood up, couldn't get off the fence and start walking around with his hands down like he just been in a five round war.

At most, he got hit with like a shoulder or two and a completely blocked knee. Looking at the insane punishment he got hit with after that, these few guys crediting this for him gassing, it's just ludicrous.

Brown was able to throw him across the ring like a rag doll. He gassed himself (and from Brown's defense from back mount).

At times, there are two opinions, but I don't see how there are any alternate opinions on this.

As if you can see at any point he was supposedly gassed from the ground to the clinch. You Shertards have done this on MANY occassion where the fighter is obviously suffering from a severe beat down and act oblivious to how taking a decent shot or two effects someone and just simply blame it on cardio, it's so mind-numbingly idiotic.

The fight goes from the ground to the clinch to Matt connecting on a handful of devastating elbows to the face and knees to the body in a matter of seconds before you can judge Silva's gas tank. I suggest rewatching before just wanting to sound like some wise asses. It's clear as day that the strikes did the damage.

No. Just no. I'd suggest rewatching it a third time, but you're probably wasting your time.

That is ridiculous. He didn't get right back up. And Silva didn't get him down. He hurt him with a body kick. And he was trying for a RNC. Afterwards he stood up, couldn't get off the fence and start walking around with his hands down like he just been in a five round war.

Exactly. He was gassed as hell, and most of it was in his arms.

As if you can see at any point he was supposedly gassed from the ground to the clinch. You Shertards have done this on MANY occassion where the fighter is obviously suffering from a severe beat down and act oblivious to how taking a decent shot or two does to someone and just simply blame it on cardio, it's so mind-numbingly idiotic. The fight goes from the ground to the clinch to Matt connecting on a handful of devastating elbows to the face and knees to the body before you can judge Silva's gas tank. I suggest rewatching before just wanting to sound like some wise asses. It's clear as day that the strikes did the damage.

What the heck are you talking about? Brown got dropped by a body kick after getting kicked twice and was hit by punches after punches on the ground. And he got up no problem and start throwing strikes. That is because Brown actually HAS cardio. Silva couldn't even circle out away from the fence. He kept his hands down and walked away like a broken man. This isn't the first time he did this either. He was tired out from the Fitch fight also.

You're absolutely fucking delusional. The man was GASSED after the RNC attempt get your head out of your damn ass and face reality man. I have nothing else to say to you, you're clearly going to see and believe what you want to.:icon_lol: Brown was hurt literally seconds before this, did you see him stumbling around with his hands at his waist unable to defend himself? No. He has conditioning. Erick took all of that punishment throughout the next 10 minutes of the fight, and you credit those strikes in the clinch for doing all the damage? Oh man, this is too much.

The man was stumbling and unable to defend himself as soon as he got back to his feet, what do you think caused this, genius? You've given me a real good laugh in this thread thanks for that.

Last edited:
The fight goes from the ground to the clinch to Matt connecting on a handful of devastating elbows to the face and knees to the body in a matter of seconds

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Seriously, this is pure fantasy.

I watched it a second time, as well, and you are either lying or have tremendous difficulty processing reality.

This is just nonsense. All the hellacious shit Brown put on him after that and you want to make up some fantasy about what happened in that brief as hell clinch where nothing landed cleanly? Come on, this is terrible.

No. Just no. I'd suggest rewatching it a third time, but you're probably wasting your time.

I've rewinded it about 5 times already just to make sure I'm not losing my mind. At 1:57 on the clock the fight is on the ground and Silva looks fine. By 1:52 they stand up. By 1:50 Brown delivers a knee. By 1:48 - 1:47 Matt delivers an elbow and another knee to the body. At 1:44 Silva obviously is reacting to those strikes and wobbled.

Strikes hurt people, when people are hurt, sometimes they get wobbly and dazed and it looks like they are tired...not really rocket science. Erick ate some crazy shots and reacted then continued to get a beat down therefore he couldn't recover...not every damn thing is "gas tank" related people lol...

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Seriously, this is pure fantasy.

I watched it a second time, as well, and you are either lying or have tremendous difficulty processing reality.

This is just nonsense. All the hellacious shit Brown put on him after that and you want to make up some fantasy about what happened in that brief as hell clinch where nothing landed cleanly? Come on, this is terrible.

I suggest you stop lying, I gave VERY specific detail. How can you say that it was his tank and not those shots that happened immediately after stand up, Silva was fine before those hits.

I think this guy is deeply committed to this fantasy.

Poor guy couldn't possibly be anymore delusional. Silva is notorious for gassing which only makes him look even more ridiculous. His arms were full of blood, he was unable to keep his hands up. CLEAR signs of a fatigued fighter.

What the heck are you talking about? Brown got dropped by a body kick after getting kicked twice and was hit by punches after punches on the ground. And he got up no problem and start throwing strikes. That is because Brown actually HAS cardio. Silva couldn't even circle out away from the fence. He kept his hands down and walked away like a broken man. This isn't the first time he did this either. He was tired out from the Fitch fight also.

I'm sorry, but you guys are idiots. You guys can't differentiate toughness from cardio and being hurt from strikes from being plain old tired...lol, I'm done!

Back