Erick Silva vs Nate Marquardt at UFC 158?

It'd be a good idea if they want to put Silva on a two fight skid.

Would be a good fight.....standing I think Silva would get him.

No no

Silva's a prospect coming off a loss, he shouldn't be fighting the strikeforce beast of a champ

Marquardt vs MacDonald/Condit winner

Agreed that Silva shouldn't be fighting Marquardt, but not because he's a "prospect coming off a loss". He is 28, that's one year younger than Hendricks and Diaz, same age as Condit and one year older than Ellenberger; that's hardly young prospect age.

He doesn't deserve Marquardt yet until he can string a couple more wins together.

DW said him and Nate are cool and expects Nate to get a big fight. E. Silva makes no sense.

erik silva makes no sense but tarec saffedine does? pity nate did not fake an injury so he doesn't have to fight an irrelevant fight.

silva is three times the fighter saffedine is.

Silva is not ready for the likes of Marquardt. He was competitive against Fitch. Marquardt would overwhelm him to a worse degree.

Silva is not ready for the likes of Marquardt. He was competitive against Fitch. Marquardt would overwhelm him to a worse degree.

nate loses if he fights fitch... count on that. so i'm not sure how nate would overwhelm him more.

silva vs nate would be very very competitive.

nate loses if he fights fitch... count on that. so i'm not sure how nate would overwhelm him more.

silva vs nate would be very very competitive.

I think Fitch beats Nate at this point as well. However, I feel Nate has a more versatile striking game than Fitch and would dominate Silva on the ground and tag him standing. He definitely has more power than Fitch.

Erick should be given lower competition for his next fight......this is a guy that if built up correctly, will be an absolute legend of the sport in 10 years time.

But if you hand him champions and killers when he's coming off a loss.....you potentially destroy one of the best prospects in a very long time.

He should fight someone in the top 20, but not top 10.

I think Fitch beats Nate at this point as well. However, I feel Nate has a more versatile striking game than Fitch and would dominate Silva on the ground and tag him standing. He definitely has more power than Fitch.

nate got dropped by woodley in his last fight, and had problems taking him down. silva has better striking and good scrambles.

although i do agree that the fight most likley won't happen, but if it does, silva would give nate all he can handle.

Erick should be given lower competition for his next fight......this is a guy that if built up correctly, will be an absolute legend of the sport in 10 years time.

But if you hand him champions and killers when he's coming off a loss.....you potentially destroy one of the best prospects in a very long time.

He should fight someone in the top 20, but not top 10.

i agree with this post. but still feel if the UFC gives him this fight, he will do very well.

If anything he should Nate should fight Koscheck.

As a huge fan of Silva I'm gonna need this fight not to happen yet.

I'm a big fan of both. I'd rather nate fight Rory and Erick fight Kampmann.

Nate the Great VS GSP ....Is a fight GSP FANs do not want to see

Why do people keep saying Marquardt wants to FIGHT at UFC 158? He said he was looking to fight one of the WINNERS of the big ww 6 at UFC 158.

and that is only assuming they don't get a medical suspension that laps into that time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back