Erick Silva: "This fight made me realize I still don't belong in the top"

a team nogueira fighter not making excuses PLUS saying he doesn't belong in the top is baffling

Pure class with the heart of a lion. Puerile jokes aren't appropriate here. On other threads maybe. Respect.

I will never understand why sherdog get offended when someone makes excuses after a fight.

So let me get this straight, he almost finishes the guy in the first round, but then gasses, and then the guy STILL can't put him away for two rounds even tho he's gassed beyond belief, and his conclusion is that he can't hang with Matt Brown?

Yep it's crazy.If he had finished Brown in the first minute LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE if he wasn't such an idiot,people would be talking about him as the new WW champ.

Crazy how a tiny detail can make the difference.I hope he got his lesson.I thought Fitch made him train harder but the DHK fight and this one clearly showed that he didn't prepare at all.You can't say you had an excellent camp and gasd after 2 seconds...

Doesnt sound brazilian at all, im back at being a fan of Erick, hopefully he can cover the wholes in his game (Cardio and striking def)

So let me get this straight, he almost finishes the guy in the first round, but then gasses, and then the guy STILL can't put him away for two rounds even tho he's gassed beyond belief, and his conclusion is that he can't hang with Matt Brown?

Did you even watch the fight?

About the Brazilian excuse thing:

People labeled Nog as an excuse maker and then everytime a Brazilian would make excuses they would add fuel to the fire.

Guys like Mir make more excuses and get a pass somehow (Bronchitis, jet lag, forgetting that he could punch, coming back too early 2 years after his accident etc)

Below is an example of a quote that trolls attack Nog for. Read it. Is it really that bad?

"Two days after UFC president Dana White was shaking his head during the UFC 141 conference call wondering aloud what ever possessed Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to opt to try to choke out a rocked Frank Mir rather than finish him up on the ground with punches during their UFC 140 bout a week and a half ago, and

This. People shit all over him but in the end he is just a fun fighter who appears to be a very cool guy.

we were all just laughing at the hype train created by his delusional fan base. i like erick himself.

He said all the right things and has a plan to make things right. Good to hear that.

Matt Brown had a 4-6 record in his first 10 ufc fights and lost by sub how many times?? And he wasn't exactly losing to top fighters only, and look how well he turned his career around. He's one fight away from a title shot IMO.

Erick has the right idea here

Back