Erick Silva: "This fight made me realize I still don't belong in the top"

Fuck, that's a tough pill to swallow for a guy.

Hope he comes back stronger.

I think he did say something about a body shot and then after that, he just didn't know.

Well, given how terribly he gassed against Fitch and Dong, I think it has more to do with him than body shots.

Monica
keep on trucking Erick and learn from that fight

I still believe he could fight for a title some day, but it seems like he was pushed too soon. He is still young. He needs more time at lower levels to mature and become a truly great fighter. He definitely has all the talent and athleticism necessary to succeed.

Young? He's 30 years old

Been a fan through and through. Wish him all the best.

314178_10200320800720524_1999142845_n.jpg

Honorable mentions
Edson Barboza would not have been ko'ed by Cerrone if he didn't blink when he got hit.
JDS after the 2nd Cain fight had a divorce, had kidney problems,
Anderson only took 5 rounds to finish Sonnen because of his rib

it cracks me up some of the excuses on the cover says "Period Pain" "Herb Dean" & "Voodo"

Good on him for not being delusional and taking the loss like a man. I really hope he can switch things up and get better, dude has some serious potential.

Having the balls to answer those questions honestly......
Lack of discrediting your opponet......
Expressing a desire to improve and willing to leave ur comfort zone to do it........
You sir have just earned a new fan
Good luck in ur next fight
Silva vs story
Silva vs magney
Silva vs seth bacazski
Silva vs woderboy
......All matchups I think make sense, and ill be rooting for him
Actin like a grown ass man is very fucking refreshing

Having the balls to answer those questions honestly......
Lack of discrediting your opponet......
Expressing a desire to improve and willing to leave ur comfort zone to do it........
You sir have just earned a new fan
Good luck in ur next fight
Silva vs story
Silva vs magney
Silva vs seth bacazski
Silva vs woderboy
......All matchups I think make sense, and ill be rooting for him
Actin like a grown ass man is very fucking refreshing

Silva v wonderboy gets my vote.

Much respect. No excuses. No claiming the better man won 'that night'. Not asking for rematch. Just simply understands his best wasn't good enough and he needs to keep working. That's stepping up and owning something.

Erick Silva must not have been born in Brazil...

Nice to see a guy admit he has a lot of work to do. Very untypical of most fighters who just say they got caught or there is nothing wrong with their style. Sounds like he is questioning if he wants to still be a fighter.

He might be better off going to Bellator or WSoF to get some more experience. If he can become a champ there, he'll be back one day.

He might want to take the Arona route and just become a beach bum while he still has his looks.

If he can keep a good head on his shoulders like that - he's going to go places. He already has the physical gifts.

I call shenanigans on these statements. I refuse to believe they came from a Brazilian.

Back