Erick Silva still down in the cage, on a backboard

The end of the fight there is a gif of it floating around in another thread and it shows very clearly Brown throwing a knee into the back (possibly spine) of Silva after he rolls over. Brown clearly knew what he was doing. Silva had rolled over and Brown backed up and then threw it as the ref was coming in to stop it. Not sure wtf was going through his mind.

Oh please it's Matt Brown. The only thing going through his mind was "hurt hurt hurt paaaaaaaaaaaaain." He ain't the blame for anything.

Hope he's alright he put on one hell of a fight. Those are the scary fights, like problems with swelling of the brain. You can tell he didn't look good. In the octagon during the post fight announcements.

That beating was insane. Hope he's fine.

Hope he's alright he put on one hell of a fight. Those are the scary fights, like problems with swelling of the brain. You can tell he didn't look good. In the octagon during the post fight announcements.
That's just the way Matt speaks. :icon_lol:

What about poor Silva.

Here's the gif where it looks like he may have been kneed in the spine.But Dana just said he's being taken for possible concussion and broken jaw.

DiligentImmediateAyeaye.gif

Here's the gif where it looks like he may have been kneed in the spine.But Dana just said he's being taken for possible concussion and broken jaw.

Thank you for that. It even looks like he turns back over and cringes because of the shot to the back. Brown should have known better especially with the ref stepping in right before/as he was throwing it.

That GNP done his jaw. Not sure that knee went in to his spine. I think the searing pain of the broken jaw getting hit a few more times made his ind up and he rolled over.

It doesn't look like it hits the spine and it also looks like Brown doesn't know Dean is stopping the fight. He threw kicks and knees to the body whenever Silva covered his head in the 1st so it's not like he was trying to get one cheap one in.

My (completely meaningless) thought is that it wasn't anything malicious, just a part of the fight.

I just hope he still has a career after that mauling. Potentially life altering beatdown. Good luck to him.

I actually felt bad for silva and wanted herb to stop the fight. Dude had crazy heart but was getting beat up terribly and you could see he had nothing left.

Thank you for that. It even looks like he turns back over and cringes because of the shot to the back. Brown should have known better especially with the ref stepping in right before/as he was throwing it.

That knee went nowhere near his spine and was a downward knee at his hips. To hit his spine with a knee from that position he would have had to use a kicking motion.

Looks like he knee dropped his hip. I don't see how anyone see's a spine shot.

Back