Erick Silva still down in the cage, on a backboard

Are you sure?

looked like it. I didn't dvr it and could only rewind to about ten seconds before the stoppage because my dvr is full. So i couldn't rewind again to watch twice. But it looked like it.

I don't mean it in a bad way. The fight was being stopped and Silva rolled. Nothing intentional or controversial.

jesus, i need sleep but i need an update first. Who's best for twitter updates?

Silva got spiked right on his head earlier in the fight.

I understand he's a fighter and has his ego and represents a country and all of that. But same as with the other Brazilian that Glover destroyed (Maldano his name?) and many other fighters, sometimes it's better just to give up. He knew there's no chance he will win this fight after the first, for the 1% chance that a miracle will happen it's just not worth it. For someone like Silva there's always another fight, the UFC will never cut him.

Probably because he's dangerously exhausted.

He was still conscious when the fight was stopped.
South Korean boxer Duk Koo Kim final professional fight happened on November 17th of 1982 against Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini. Ray utterly destroyed him throughout the whole entire fight. In the 15 and final round, Kim was knocked down, got up and was unsteady on his feet but still conscious when the ref stopped it. Minutes after the fight was over he collapsed in the ring and went into a coma. Hedied 4 days after the bout, on November 17.

This fight was a just stoppage by Herb Dean. Would have hated to see Silva get mauled like he did for the full five rounds. Being knocked out cold would have been better than getting hit repeatedly in the head for the full five rounds

I remember him taking an elbow to the side of the head and basically curling up in thr fetal position.--the ref then saw that as the end. That last blow was worrying.

Probably because he's dangerously exhausted.

He was still conscious when the fight was stopped.

Lots of people who have died in boxing were conscious and went home and died. Shit is serious bro, he took a TON of damage. Should have been stopped.

Silva's got tons of heart, I hope he's okay.

South Korean boxer Duk Koo Kim final professional fight happened on November 17th of 1982 against Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini. Ray utterly destroyed him throughout the whole entire fight. In the 15 and final round, Kim was knocked down, got up and was unsteady on his feet but still conscious when the ref stopped it. Minutes after the fight was over he collapsed in the ring and went into a coma. Hedied 4 days after the bout, on November 17.

This fight was a just stoppage by Herb Dean. Would have hated to see Silva get mauled like he did for the full five rounds. Being knocked out cold would have been better than getting hit repeatedly in the head for the full five rounds

I can't stand the kid, but it was a just stoppage he took more than enough

Hope Silva is okay, that was a vicious beating. Silva took a ton of damage

The end of the fight there is a gif of it floating around in another thread and it shows very clearly Brown throwing a knee into the back (possibly spine) of Silva after he rolls over. Brown clearly knew what he was doing. Silva had rolled over and Brown backed up and then threw it as the ref was coming in to stop it. Not sure wtf was going through his mind.

There's an argument for these fights needing to be stopped before fighters hit the deck.

If this was a boxing match, it'd have been stopped in the first round. They arent even wearing gloves.

Back