Erick Silva needs to stop getting big fights

If your friend has two apples, and you have none, how long does it take to beat him to death and take his apples?

Tone of potential, very skilled, great athletic ability.........but no fight iq, bad cardio, questionable coaching. Erick won't be top 10 at this point, the guy needs a serious career and training change if he's going to be a UFC fighter. And I'm not even talking contender, just to stay in the UFC.

Dude puts on good fights and good finishes, I'm sure the UFC will build him up on a few Brazilian shows. The dude comes to fight, he deserves it.

Hard to say a guy is overrated when pretty much everyone knows exactly what kind of fighter he is..

Fitch nearly finished him, Kim knocked him out, now Brown sent him to the hospital on a stretcher. I think they rush him into fights he isn't nearly ready for

Pretty much.

This fight in particular made almost no sense, though. Matt Brown on a 6 fight win streak, that kid was on a one fight win streak against a relative newcomer I think?

What was even worse was that he was a 2-1 favorite. I don't even...

Incredibly gifted and explosive fighter, but if he doesn't roll over his opponent, he's screwed. Too lazy to be in good shape, never has a plan "B".

Agreed. Until he puts in the training work like a professional, he shouldn't get top fights on cards.

Pretty much.

This fight in particular made almost no sense, though. Matt Brown on a 6 fight win streak, that kid was on a one fight win streak against a relative newcomer I think?

What was even worse was that he was a 2-1 favorite. I don't even...

This is the problem with fans on the topic of Silva. He's not some precocious, wet-behind-the ears kid who's a hotshot prospect. He's almost 30. Fitch, Kim and Brown were proper fights for him to take if he was going to step up and be a contender.

The fact is that he isn't as good as you guys assumed him to be.

He's not a bad fighter by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not going to be an elite WW.

This is problem with fans on the topic of Silva. He's not some precocious, wet-behind-the ears kid who's a hotshot prospect. He's almost 30. Fitch, Kim and Brown were proper fights for him to take if he was going to step up and be a contender.

The fact is that he isn't as good as you guys assumed him to be.

I personally thought he was better then he is and would do very well. I still gave him chances up until tonight to see if he fought smarter and got his shit together and prove himself vs a good proven fighter. Guess not!

Still a big fan though

Being a good-looking finisher is a curse for your health if you're not actually an elite fighter :(

I personally thought he was better then he is and would do very well. I still gave him chances up until tonight to see if he fought smarter and got his shot together and prove himself vs a good proven fighter. Guess not!

He's got the skills to give good fighters trouble, but he seems to have no idea how to pace himself. If he can't get a guy who's got a second and third gear out of there early, he's fucked.

In this fight though, I cant blame him if he cant pace himself. Brown, as always, was ultra aggressive. He ran a pace that Silva couldnt handle. Brown brought the fight to him with constant pressure and broke him - typical Matt Brown.

Very Overrated imo, also surprised he was even given this fight to begin with

Funny how guys always say someone wasn't any good after a loss. Erick is a very good fighter. Brown just showed amazing heart and powered though a bad spot and put a beating on him.

Brown has been impressing me big time. I never really thought he was that great of a fighter. When he lost a close decision to Kim I was surprised that he performed so well. He has really improved since then and I was sold on him after he beat Mein and Pyle.

Brown is for real. So is Silva. Brown is just better. No shame in that.

Back