Erick Silva just had his soul taken

devildog138

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hat is off to Erick Silva for trying to hang in there, but Matt Brown just fought the best fight of his career. Great to see a fight like that on free TV. Hopefully it helps the sport grow.

One of Matt Brown's corner men cornered me in my last muay thai fight......Just saying

this was a weird fight for me,

I wanted Silva to win but I had money riding on Brown. I couldn't pass up those odds...

Too tough for his own good. I know it's tough for a corner to give up on their man...but if the fight is stopped because your man rolled on his side and clearly just gave up, you should have saved him at some point. Silva didn't even have the presence of mind to tap for god sake. Sad. They had him backboarded in the cage. Hopefully he's alright.

I do to. On Rogan's podcast he was saying after the fight was stopped that "Erick just realized he will never be the champ" that must suck balls.

Really? Only like 9 people can be a UFC champion at one time in the entire world, guess we should feel sorry for every fighter.

Really? Only like 9 people can be a UFC champion at one time in the entire world, guess we should feel sorry for every fighter.

i was just bringing up something rogan said on his podcast, no need to be an asshole about it. And yes, only a few people at one time can be the UFC champ but not a lot of fighters have taken beatings like erick silva did tonight, especially in a high profile fight like that.

And if you dont feel at least a little bit bad for erick after that your probably a terrible person

i was just bringing up something rogan said on his podcast, no need to be an asshole about it. And yes, only a few people at one time can be the UFC champ but not a lot of fighters have taken beatings like erick silva did tonight, especially in a high profile fight like that.

And if you dont feel at least a little bit bad for erick after that your probably a terrible person

I feel bad that he is a tough fighter who took a lot of punishment in a grueling loss...I don't feel bad that he may not be the best fighter in the world someday.

I think he'll work his way up to a rematch after Brown wins the title.

tumblr_midc0gQ4Gc1r9c8mno1_500.gif

Brown delivered a good old fashioned blue collar beat down.

Silva has a lot of talent. He needs to go work on grit and grueling cardio. He should go over to train with a guy like Matt Brown for an extended period.

Don't discount a guy for losing, even like this, it could break him or it could make him recognize that big changes are needed. Brown has a lot of losses himself.

It was this way when he got Fitched.

Yeah that is tough, i mean he lost to DHK but he got caught with 1 shot and in his mind im sure he still thought he was a better fighter than DHK which he may be

But when you have someone stalk you and land at will with punches and elbows to your head, while also getting ragdolled at times, it must be very disheartening.

What he should remember after this though is where Matt Brown was just a couple of years ago, almost on his way out of the UFC with everyone saying it was a joke he stayed on the roster, now he has made a case for a title shot. He is young still and with the right mindset he can come back better from this

Actually Dong already stole his soul, Matt just reminded him of why he was in hell lol.

Great display of courage from both men, I think Erick needs a few build me fights, he always seems to get a gimme fight and then a ridiculous challenge. It's time for the UFC to build him as a fighter as his train has been derailed now for quite sometime.

ya was @ the event. The arena was empty by the time he was finally stretched off. Hope he's ok .

Back