Erick Silva huge disappointment

Bazooka1**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was big on Silva but he has to honestly be one of the biggest disappointments in ufc history.

The reason being this guy has all the f*cking skill in the world but he fights just off instinct no kind of game plan. And on top of that he fights with too much emotion which takes a toll on you. No matter how hard you train if you come in all jacked up you can forget about going the distance.

I thought he learned from the Kim fight but obviously he didn't. Kid might be cut soon cuz this win one lose one pattern isn't ufc type stuff.

Can't take away from the fact that he was just cut down to nothing by Matt. Brown was just so aggressive and relentless. I still think Silva is a talented kid, just wasn't up to Brown's constant pressure.

The guy has a lot of talent, more than most in the division, but he just seems to lack fight IQ and has a bad camp.

Only if you were setting your expectations by his look and his nationality rather than his actual accomplishments.

Had Silva had any kind of fighting IQ instead of going all nuts when he dropped brown with the kick he should have made his punches count and land right instead of going nuts. And when he had his back instead of going for that crank which wasn't gonna make anyone tap save your energy stay on his back land shots tovthe face and take the rd. Comeback in the second and look for your openings.

Seriously Silva is a dangerous one rd fighter but a dumb one who just wings it.

He has all the skills in the world to be champ

Well that's what Matt Brown says

Wait what??

Eric Silva and Edson Barboza had so much excitment behind them for a while.. Love watching both those guys fight but they can't seem to get it together when they face top tier competition. Sucks man.

he was gassed after he got off browns back in the first round i was very disappointed

Back