Erick Silva coach wants immediate rematch and says DHK was scared and lucky

That is some seriously incoherent rambling...
I'm hoping that it's just a bad translation, and that we don't have fighters being trained by guys that say things like, "...no pigeon wing made a difference here in the victory."

Nothing against young Erick Silva, but what the fuck has he actually done to deserve an immediate rematch? At least Anderson Silva had defended his belt longer than anyone else and was widely considered the GOAT. Erick Silva is 3-3 in the UFC. Let's get real here.

Maybe the coach should focus on getting his fighter to bring his hands to cover his face, and keep the non punching hand home when he does throw. This guy actually drops his hands to punch. I am not a professional fighter, but I don't think you need to be to understand this is a terrible habit. My coach would make me do 5,000 blurpees if I did that. I noticed Silva even does it when he hits the pads.

en brahzweal, we have uh story; de pigeon, he fly wif de wing, but de dawg, he bite wif his teef. de dawg, he bite de pigeon's wing and he no can fly away. Erick bite at his neck, but fowget to bite de wing.

AndersonOHREALLY.gif

Hilarious.

DONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. if erick silva wants a rematch he can ask for it himself. either way they won't get it.

He forgot his name is Erick Silva and not Anderson Silva. Unlike Anderson Silva- who is the greatest MW of all time, Erick Silva is not even a top ten fighter in his own weight class. Stun Gun won fair and square, and i hate the term lucky punch. There is a old saying- you have to be good to be lucky, and lucky to be good. Give Erick Silva a fight with Mike Pierce next. Both are coming off a loss, and will be a good test for both guys.

en brahzweal, we have uh story; de pigeon, he fly wif de wing, but de dawg, he bite wif his teef. de dawg, he bite de pigeon's wing and he no can fly away. Erick bite at his neck, but fowget to bite de wing.

AndersonOHREALLY.gif

This is genious!

DHK pressed the action. If anything Silva was the one running scared. DHK was winning even before the KO. Was not impressed by Silva last night.

Coach is pretty sour and seems like an irrational person.. No props to Kim for landing the punch? Kim even said it was a lucky punch, but you don't need to go dissing him. Kim was actually being pretty aggressive, and still coming forward despite adversity and losing the bout to that point so I disagree. A re-match? I'd watch it, but there's a ton of good fights for both guys. They can meet down the line, as this is not for top contender or a title.

It was a fatality. It was not in the fight, right? You see that Erick started to heat up in the fight, landed a knockdown in the face, and was the fatality. It was the cat scare. He (Kim) was pressed and, in fright, without let that pigeon wing. Unfortunately, hit the right spot and earned the knockout - told Combate.com on Thursday.

I wanted this fight again, is what most want. I saw that Korean is not all that he said he was. Erick got rid of all his actions, all got away. The Korean was being dominated, and no pigeon wing made a difference here in the victory. I think even he is not believing he has knockout. This happens once in a thousand. I want Dana White put this fight again for the Brazilian fans could see that it was a fatality - said the coach.

Holy smoking shitballs!
Dong punches people so hard, even their coaches get concussions.
War Dong!

DHK vs Yamasaki would be more interesting.

Maybe the coach should focus on getting his fighter to bring his hands to cover his face, and keep the non punching hand home. This guy actually drops his hands to punch. I am not a professional fighter, but I don't think you need to be to understand this is a terrible habit. My coach would make me do 5,000 blurpees if I did that. I noticed Silva even does it when he hits the pads.
Well, he doesn't exactly do it for no reason. As far as I can tell, it's basically so that he has greater ease of shooting an underhook through his opponent's armpits if they go for a takedown-- the problem is if it's unclear whether or not they're going for a takedown, you can get clocked. Chuck pretty much lived and died by the same method. Conversely, say what you like about Rampage, but even at his worst his hands were almost always high and active, or underneath his opponent's armpits as they tried shooting on him, which proves that it certainly is possible to stuff takedowns without unnecessarily exposing oneself to strikes.

But yes, Erick certainly wouldn't have gotten clipped if he had only held his right hand next to his face-- guys like Joe Rogan say "HANDS UP!" all the time, but it's really only necessary in the middle of exchanges. And of course doing it in pad work just encourages bad habits.

Last edited:
Back