Erick Indio Silva Wants Story, Rematch With DHK and Brown

He was down a round against DHK and then got KO'd in the second.. I do not know how that is considered winning the fight.

Didn't DHK end up taking Silva's back near the end of the round landing punches?

You mean fights he nearly won….he had Browne nearly TKO'd twice before Brown could even get his hands on him. Same with Stun Gun

With Silva its never a question of talent of skill….its cardio and fighting smarter, two things that can be fixed with good training and coaching.

I would pick Silva to blast both guys if he's on track like Jacksons said he is.

This, and remembering he was almost submitting Brown with a rear naked choke in the first, for a moment I thought he got that and I was just waiting for Brown taps.

Silva is a great finisher and a terrible fighter. he will almost always lose against well-rounded fighters who can fight through adversity. each of those 3 fighters he called out would likely finish him, as two of them already have.

Now after his nose is fixed, we can see Silva work his way back to the title in 2015

How about just moving on with your mediocre career?

There is zero reason for these opponents to grant a rematch after they brutalized him in the first fights. There was no controversial decision. He got finished. Hard. Twice.

Silva would be better served focusing on his next opponent. For his sake I hope its a top 200 guy.

Striving to face past failures is what makes a fighter...a fighter. It's in their blood and it's in the DNA of MMA culture. One of the great features of this sport that elevates it above boxing is the relative lack of politicking, jiving and ducking. I'd prefer this mindset over the 'who's the biggest name that presents the smallest threat' shit we see ruining boxing any day of the week. It still happens, of course, but it's comparatively fractional.

While there was no controversy and it was an embarrassing fight for both of them for more reasons than I can count, Silva was clearly en route to winning the second round and likely the fight before that punch. It's not like he was getting beat from post to pillar. I see no problem with them having a rematch at some point.

"He was winning before he lost"

lol.

Striving to face past failures is what makes a fighter...a fighter. It's in their blood and it's in the DNA of MMA culture. One of the great features of this sport that elevates it above boxing is the relative lack of politicking, jiving and ducking. I'd prefer this mindset over the 'who's the biggest name that presents the smallest threat' shit we see ruining boxing any day of the week. It still happens, of course, but it's comparatively fractional.

While there was no controversy and it was an embarrassing fight for both of them for more reasons than I can count, Silva was clearly en route to winning the second round and likely the fight before that punch. It's not like he was getting beat from post to pillar. I see no problem with them having a rematch at some point.

Yet he takes gimme fights everytime he gets worked by a top 10 guy.
If the Dong wanted to fight his grappling game and not stand with him, it'd end up like what Fitch did to him. Only reason it was even close was that Dong wanted to stand and bang with him.

Brown always buckles when kicked in the liver but that doesn't stop him from recovering and pushing forward .....

Brown and Story would most likely merc him, Erick might stand a better chance against Dong this time around

Brown always buckles when kicked in the liver but that doesn't stop him from recovering and pushing forward .....

Brown and Story would most likely merc him, Erick might stand a better chance against Dong this time around

I'll agree he'd have his best chance with Dong, but only if Dong kept it standing.

I'd like to see silva fight Jordan Mein or Josh Koscheck.

If the Dong wanted to fight his grappling game and not stand with him, it'd end up like what Fitch did to him. Only reason it was even close was that Dong wanted to stand and bang with him.

Well, when you're a fringe top ten and you lose that's part of it. You have to earn the right to roll the dice again. Has he turned anybody down? Not that I'm aware of.

Also, re-watch that fight. DHK tried plenty of take downs in the second round and wasn't even close with most of them because he was even more spent than Erick (which is a rare feat).

Meh, only fight he deserves because of his inconsistency is the Jordan Mein/Thiago Alves fight winner. Doesn't deserve Story and especially not Dong. Story and Dong should be matched up with each other, actually.

I don't want to see any rematches any time soon from him, but I enjoy every single one of his fights. Hope he fights more often.

Dangerous Call out , I think Story beats him down

He couldn't take him down.....and he would have a very hard time controlling SIlva. Look at the Fitch fight.....Jon had a very tough time getting him down and controlling him, he nearly got subbed. Wasn't till round 3 once Silva was fatigued.

Meh, only fight he deserves because of his inconsistency is the Jordan Mein/Thiago Alves fight winner. Doesn't deserve Story and especially not Dong. Story and Dong should be matched up with each other, actually.

Story is 5-5 in his last 10 fights and dropped most of those to higher ranked guys just like Silva. All his wins are over guys outside the top 15...Nelson is the best win he has in the past 4 years and he wasn't even ranked and that was a split. Story has not been consistent either.

During that time...silva is 5-4... his losses came to better fighters and 3 of those fights he nearly finished.....his other loss is a DQ which was BS.

This fight makes perfect sense.

Well, when you're a fringe top ten and you lose that's part of it. You have to earn the right to roll the dice again. Has he turned anybody down? Not that I'm aware of.

Also, re-watch that fight. DHK tried plenty of take downs in the second round and wasn't even close with most of them because he was even more spent than Erick (which is a rare feat).

DHK had a severe neck disc herniation in camp. He couldn't go for a leg or two because of that. He has been fighting standing ever since because of that. Dong is getting a treatment from a doctor who cured Lombard last time he had a disc.
After he is cured, we'll see the asian fitch fitching Silva for 15 mins

Back