***Eric "Zebrinha" Spicely SHERDOG Q&A #2***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Middleweight, Eric Spicely! He will answer your questions LIVE on THURSDAY at 4:30 PM EST, the 2nd of February. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Eric Spicely was an Ultimate Fighter competitor from season 23 fighting in the Light Heavyweight division apart of Team Claudia & is now fighting in the Middleweight division. He's coming in fresh off yet another first round submission victory making it two in a row. Alessio Di Chirico(the most recent victim) fell into a triangle that he just couldn't escape at UFC on FOX 23 in Denver, Colorado.

eric-spicely-ufc-on-fox-23.jpg

Eric holds a 10-1 pro MMA record. He has only gone to decision in two of his 11 fights. Out of his 10 wins, 6 have came via submission along with 2 via TKO & decision. Eric's victory before his last was definitely his biggest on paper, as he earned a huge upset over the #15 ranked MW, Thiago Santos in Brazil as he defeated him in just the first round with a rear naked choke.

Follow him here:

Twitter: @EricSpicely
Instagram: spicewonder
Facebook: Eric Spicely

Last edited by a moderator:
First off. Congrats on your win Saturday. That was a sick both arm in triangle !!!

What is your favorite submission ? And who would you like to face next?

Hi Mr Spicely, big fan. No question per say,

You may remember in the last thread you did on here that I called you out for a sparring session, being an amateur fighter from England with a 6-0 record and one of sherdog's finest posters, my ego was pretty high. However after seeing your latest fight, I am backing down. You will go far my friend and I wish you the best. Fan for life.

Another great win Mr. Spicely. No disrespect but you still have alittle muffin top at 185. How much longer until you make the move down to 170?

What is your favorite submission ? And who would you like to face next?
My favorite submissions are leg locks. But I also want to be the first to do a mounted gogoplata in the UFC. I'd like to fight a high level grappler to get me out of my comfort zone. Someone I can't take and submit in the first. That's why I called out dan kelly

Do you miss Mike Goldberg?

Hi Mr Spicely, big fan. No question per say,

You may remember in the last thread you did on here that I called you out for a sparring session, being an amateur fighter from England with a 6-0 record and one of sherdog's finest posters, my ego was pretty high. However after seeing your latest fight, I am backing down. You will go far my friend and I wish you the best. Fan for life.
Thanks man! I wish you the best in your career. Hopefully you'll turn pro soon!

Another great win Mr. Spicely. No disrespect but you still have alittle muffin top at 185. How much longer until you make the move down to 170?
Idk man. I can compete at 170 I don't cut much weight at all. I used to fight there and I also didn't know what I was doing weight cut wise. It could be in the near future but if it isn't broke don't fix it

Did you find it funny how Marvin Vettori was calling you out after he just got beat by another strong grappler in Antonio Carlos? :p

Do you miss Mike Goldberg?
I kind of do. I feel bad about the way he was let go. He's a main figure in announcing for the UFC even if at times he said some dumb things.

Well done Eric, glad to see another fellow Sherbro upset some guys.

Dan Kelly is super tough with his Judo base and his overall grappling game is very solid.

Do you plan on outstriking him (He really only throws his rear power hand for any solid connection), or do you believe you can take him down and submit him like many others you've faced?

Love your style, hope you continue to win!

~Jin

Idk man. I can compete at 170 I don't cut much weight at all. I used to fight there and I also didn't know what I was doing weight cut wise. It could be in the near future but if it isn't broke don't fix it
True your definetly on a roll. That extra size can really help though look at Maia, he had a lot more trouble subbing guys when he was at 185.

Did you find it funny how Marvin Vettori was calling you out after he just got beat by another strong grappler in Antonio Carlos? :p
Man everyone wants to be Connor mcgregor now. I just don't know how you can talk shit when you lost your last fight and I just beat the number 15 ranked guy in the division and a 10-1 guy who's never been finished. In complete flawless fashion. Taking zero damage. It's mind blowing. I could careless about that guy. I want to win fights that will move me forward in my career.

Well done Eric, glad to see another fellow Sherbro upset some guys.

Dan Kelly is super tough with his Judo base and his overall grappling game is very solid.

Do you plan on outstriking him (He really only throws his rear power hand for any solid connection), or do you believe you can take him down and submit him like many others you've faced?

Love your style, hope you continue to win!

~Jin
Thanks man. I work on my standup the most and I want to be tested. Dan is the perfect guy to do that. I think I'll be able to take him down in the middle of the cage but not on the fence. I think I can outstrike him and a fight I can win but definitely not easily

Man everyone wants to be Connor mcgregor now. I just don't know how you can talk shit when you lost your last fight and I just beat the number 15 ranked guy in the division and a 10-1 guy who's never been finished. In complete flawless fashion. Taking zero damage. It's mind blowing. I could careless about that guy. I want to win fights that will move me forward in my career.
This answer leads me to another question...

You also do pro wrestling. Conor is trying to get into boxing. Do you think it will happen?

This answer leads me to another question...

You also do pro wrestling. Conor is trying to get into boxing. Do you think it will happen?
I think it will be pretty hard contract wise for him to do that. Unless the UFC gets a good cut

Thanks man. I work on my standup the most and I want to be tested. Dan is the perfect guy to do that. I think I'll be able to take him down in the middle of the cage but not on the fence. I think I can outstrike him and a fight I can win but definitely not easily
Best of luck man! He's tough, but I'm sure you are too. You got us Sherbros behind you. <cheer>

Hey Eric, thanks for stopping by. Are you pulling for the Pats this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back