Eric Del Fierro: "We told Alex we thought we lost that third round."

Making anyone calling it a robbery once again sound stupid as hell.

Right at the end of the 3rd.....my friends and I were right in front of the TV...we knew Gus had at the least 2 rounds and just needed one round to win. And the way the 4th was doing we thought he had it.

I'm glad his corner gave an honest assessment of the fight to their fighter. I still shake my head when I remember the cornering in Melendez/Bendo.

Anyways, def. a close fight. I had the third for Gus actually in addition to the first but the rest to Jon. I would have understood it going either way.

he looked great in that round until the random lucky spinning elbow that probably wont land again

Wasn't really random or lucky. Though Gus really shouldn't have attempted that listless jab to the body.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/why-specific-spinning-elbow-landed-esp-so-cleanly-setup-2567655/

Jon set it up instead of throwing it at a whim.

Leg tap to threaten with a single leg feint(causes Gus to lower his head and bring his hands down in anticipation to defend). It helps with accuracy as well because he knows where his opponent's head will be this way.

It's how he landed it on O'Brien as well which also rocked his opponent. It made the difference here. For comparison

8.gif

11.gif

jones-100.gif

I had it rounds 2,3,4, and 5 for jones.. Rd was close and could've swung either way but still..48-47,49-46, their are no awards for moral victories .. The judges got it right

and you're a N00b.....all Rounds for Jones but 1 lmao

and you're a N00b.....all Rounds for Jones but 1 lmao

Personally had 3 rounds for Jones 2,4, and 5. But his card does not make him a noob.

Judge Chris Lee
Rd. 1: Gustafsson 10-9
Rd. 2: Jones 10-9
Rd. 3: Jones 10-9

Rd. 4: Jones 10-9
Rd. 5: Jones 10-9

Judge Richard Bertrand
Rd. 2: Jones 10-9
Rd. 3: Gustafsson 10-9

Judge Doug Crosby
Rd. 2: Gustafsson 10-9
Rd. 3: Jones 10-9

People get on the 4-1 score of Chris Lee but the other judges also had the same rounds as him separately though. Chris Lee gave Jones round 2, 3. But so did the other judges, separately (Bertrand round 2, Crosby round 3, Lee Both). It was a close fight with close rounds. Just like there's an argument that can be made to giving Gus the 4th round.

Back