EPO Dillashaw VS Moraes

Why can't Magic Marlon get some EPO too?

tenor.gif

IMO, no disrespect intended, Marlon is better than Henry too. I think he strayed from the gameplan then got winded and pressured. And it cost him.

In a rematch and against anyone else at BW I'd favor him though. I'm late on the Moraes bandwagon but I'm on it.
Idiot. A better fighter is the one who is able stay within his gameplan. Don’t give excuse.

I still think we can attribute TJ's shitty performance to being anorexic.

At 135 with EPO he's king

I think he strayed from the gameplan then got winded and pressured.

Marlon WANTED a brawl as he assumed his power would carry him through it. Henry was initially struggling precisely because he was trying to avoid one with an in and out approach that wasn't working because Marlon stood his ground and was catching him. In between rounds, Henry and his team agreed he'd need to stand his ground too once he committed as he wasn't doing any damage to Marlon but Marlon was to him and that couldn't continue.

Marlon was just wrong, and didn't know what to do when Henry was still standing after Henry obliged him.

Tj at 135+epo would murder him after round 1, Marlon letting Henry dominate him was pretty funny all those full power leg kicks and hooks for nothing

Moraes would've wrecked TJ. TJ is lucky he never had to fight him.

IMO, no disrespect intended, Marlon is better than Henry too. I think he strayed from the gameplan then got winded and pressured. And it cost him.

In a rematch and against anyone else at BW I'd favor him though. I'm late on the Moraes bandwagon but I'm on it.

No disrespect intended, but anyone who truly believes Marlon is better than Henry having watched that fight has no idea what they're watching, and should probably be watching WWE instead of MMA.

Strayed from his gameplan? His gameplan was shit. His gameplan was essentially to spam powerkicks non stop in round 1, hoping to overwhelm the little man with sheer brute force firepower. He fought like a fucking amateur. Like I said in another thread - this isn't UFC 1, this is modern day UFC, a five round fight against an Olympic athlete and world champion.

GTFO with that bullshit, Marlon looked like an absolute scrub compared to Henry. A scrub with explosive kicks, a la Barboza. Henry was more skilled, more agile, better defensively, tougher, and with a much better IQ and much better stamina.

Henry was simply the better fighter in every way.

IMO, no disrespect intended,k he strayed from the gameplan then got winded and pressured. And it cost him.
That is his game plan - to go out there and get quick stoppages. He was lost and broken when Henry came back in the 2nd as the aggressor.

Marlon is a front runner and first round fighter.

There are too many factors to clearly say Marlon is better than Cejudo.

Don't forget, Henry badly sprained his ankle during fight week. Most fighters would have pulled out. We don't know how much that limited Henry's takedowns -- which he wasn't really able to implement until the 3rd round.

Also, sometimes styles make fights, and the first time you fight a certain style it freezes you. Henry didn't know how to fight Marlon in the 1st round, but he made adjustments and came back in the 2nd round. How depleted was Cejudo from that 1st round already? When they rematch, Cejudo will probably handle Marlon's kicks much better.

Marlon WANTED a brawl as he assumed his power would carry him through it. Henry was initially struggling precisely because he was trying to avoid one with an in and out approach that wasn't working because Marlon stood his ground and was catching him. In between rounds, Henry and his team agreed he'd need to stand his ground too once he committed as he wasn't doing any damage to Marlon but Marlon was to him and that couldn't continue.

Marlon was just wrong, and didn't know what to do when Henry was still standing after Henry obliged him.

I'll rewatch the fight and try to see what you are talking about. What I remember was Marlon eating Henry's leg up especially during the second half of round 1 as he circled away from Henry. Don't get me wrong, he stood there a few times when Henry stepped in, inviting the exchange for the counter, but he also was initiating most of the action with leg kicks and then stepping back immediately. Multi-strike combo's were rare.

Round 2 looked about the same for the first minute and then Henry ate a kick and pressured moraes for a brief exchange. Marlon let up on the kicks in rd2 though. Marlon only threw like 3-4 and one of those put henry on the mat briefly. But then in the last minute he let henry step inside and engage in a brawl. He was walking forward at henry instead of staying at kicking range and eating up that leg. He ended up eating the knees that changed the fight imo...

Marlon just needed to not get pulled into that brawl. Stay at range and he was getting the better of almost every exchange.

IDK, like I said I'll rewatch it but I thought Moraes made a decision to stay in range when prior to that he was staying outside except for brief combo's here and there.

Tj before being knocked silly would have beat this moraes who gassed in 2 rounds. But after being beaten embarrassingly by cejudo I don't think tj would have been the same mentally and probably would have got caught early by moraes, even with epo

EPO TJ had GOAT cardio, Moraes gassed hard after 1 1/2 rounds. TJ all day.

EPO Dillashaw at 135 is unstoppable, Moraes would gas even quicker than he did against henry and the snake would kill him within 2-3 rounds.

Back