epic show (grappling in caotic situations)

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I saw this posted in the heavies, so I thought about to post it in here where we can have a civilized discussion (most of the times lol)....

this is a russian show looks like, and its 2 vs 2 in a place with obstacles, if someone is out then turns 2 vs 1 and they have to finish in X ammount of time for what it looks like, its vale tudo with helmets (im sure some strikes arent allow but I do not know which of them are)

the thing is, so much for not grappling with 2 vs 1, in theory is the ok thing to do, in reality, its very very difficult to avoid that, please watch the show, its pretty awesome, at least entertaining...

Last edited:
That is silly.

Jumping off a 10 ft podium with someone hanging of someone's neck is a recipe for someone breaking their neck.

So irresponsible.
The meme... 'meanwhile is Russia' comes to mind.

That is silly.

Jumping off a 10 ft podium with someone hanging of someone's neck is a recipe for someone breaking their neck.

So irresponsible.
The meme... 'meanwhile is Russia' comes to mind.

get the moral stuff out of discussion, should it be done or not its another topic, it is being done...

so, I just saw the 45 minutes of this show, and looks to me that getting into a grappling situation even in caotic situations its very very likely, also, if you are facing 2 guys with similar skills, you are fucked...

Also it's completely pointless needless violence as once it becomes 2 vs 1 the lone individual will never triumph (particular when all are trained martial artists)

get the moral stuff out of discussion, should it be done or not its another topic, it is being done...

so, I just saw the 45 minutes of this show, and looks to me that getting into a grappling situation even in caotic situations its very very likely, also, if you are facing 2 guys with similar skills, you are fucked...

To be honest I think it's wrong to watch something like that and not raise the fact it is ethically questionable.

But to appease you:

Breaking news: If it's two vs. one and all guys are trained you're getting your ass kicked standing or on the ground.
It's a good job this revolutionary show helped us find that out.

Also do you mean chaotic because you keep writing caotic?

As far as I'm concerned there is no ethical issue - all parties are fully consenting. Even if there were this is an MMA forum not a Women's Studies class . . . so who really cares?

I watched the video. It was ok. I like that people are being innovative with ideas for new formats and the like. I get the feeling that none of them were that good at grappling/striking/MMA just by the number of sloppy double legs that were being hit, it would be more interesting if the fighters were half decent. I doubt this would ever be a big hit either way.

as far as i'm concerned there is no ethical issue - all parties are fully consenting. Even if there were this is an mma forum not a women's studies class . . . So who really cares?

I watched the video. It was ok. I like that people are being innovative with ideas for new formats and the like. I get the feeling that none of them were that good at grappling/striking/mma just by the number of sloppy double legs that were being hit, it would be more interesting if the fighters were half decent. I doubt this would ever be a big hit either way.

Juuuuuuuuusssssstttttttt Bllllleeeeeeeedddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest I think it's wrong to watch something like that and not raise the fact it is ethically questionable.

But to appease you:

Breaking news: If it's two vs. one and all guys are trained you're getting your ass kicked standing or on the ground.
It's a good job this revolutionary show helped us find that out.

Also do you mean chaotic because you keep writing caotic?

sorry chaotic...

is not only the 2 vs 1 thing, but even when they are 2 vs 2, it always ended up in a grappling battle...

well, what this indicates at least in some sort of degree, is that most of the times, "CHAOTICS" battles will end up on the ground... How many times do we heard or read about stand up arts being much better for multiple attackers? how much grappling sucks because if it was a street fight you would not want to go to the ground?, what this shows is that whether you want or not, you will end up somehow on the ground...

by the way, when its 2 vs 1, looks like they have 1 minute to finish the lonely fighter, if not, they lose.

As far as I'm concerned there is no ethical issue - all parties are fully consenting. Even if there were this is an MMA forum not a Women's Studies class . . . so who really cares?

I watched the video. It was ok. I like that people are being innovative with ideas for new formats and the like. I get the feeling that none of them were that good at grappling/striking/MMA just by the number of sloppy double legs that were being hit, it would be more interesting if the fighters were half decent. I doubt this would ever be a big hit either way.

I think they were much better than you give them credit for, its not mma, is not like they fighters can just chill in there, you can be hit from behind at any time by the other fighter, its a total different enviroment than what a MMa figther is used to, so I dont think its fair to judge their mma skills based on that... I did see some nice grappling though, and some atrocius as well...

17:32 was intense how the guy was running his balls off, if it wasnt a closed course i'm sure he would have escaped

the thing is, so much for not grappling with 2 vs 1, in theory is the ok thing to do, in reality, its very very difficult to avoid that, please watch the show, its pretty awesome, at least entertaining...

You're basically screwed if it goes to the ground on 2 on 1 if you are the 1.

In that situation you have to keep it standing long enough to KO one guy with a throw or knockdown and make it 1 on 1 or run away.

Time to change your tampon, is it?

Brilliant. Do you want to do it for me. You can lick the sand out of my vagina when you're down there I guess.

My point is it's all fun and games till a guy breaks his neck. If it that makes me a pussy in your eyes then I'm fine with that. The irony is if someone were to get severely injured in this you'd probably be the first guy to make a thread: 'RIP Russian guy. Really sad you died'.

I think they were much better than you give them credit for, its not mma, is not like they fighters can just chill in there, you can be hit from behind at any time by the other fighter, its a total different enviroment than what a MMa figther is used to, so I dont think its fair to judge their mma skills based on that... I did see some nice grappling though, and some atrocius as well...

I always find it strange if not hypocritical when Boxing/MMA/BJJ fans call another form of marital arts competition "barbaric". You saw boxing fan John McCain do this with the early UFCs. Then UFCs fans do it with Pride rules.

I watched just a couple of minutes because I found it boring. I don't see any ethical issues with this show. Even when it's 2 vs 1 it's still controlled aggression like any other mma. You have the refs that oversee everything and stop the fight quite often. It's not any more dangerous than getting slammed by Rampage on your neck. The obstacles make the fights more erratic and prevent from displaying the skills we are used to. Early mma events were quite erratic too and hardly resemble the fights we are used to watching now. I can imagine this sport could evolve as well with guys learning to use the obstacles to their advantage and devise some advanced strategies including 2 opponents. At this point this looks like a bar fight which never is pretty nor technical. This show will probably die a natural death as beyond the initial shock it's not very entertaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back