Movies Epic shot from Troy (2004)

om3Ws9x.gif

Lol

This opening scene had me hooked

Brad Pitt vs Nathan Jones

I know this movie wasn’t a critical hit but I thought it was one of the most entertaining in the genre.

19806f0332ecc476d48de8c08a4579bf.jpg

One of the most stone cold insults I’ve ever heard in a movie

One of the most dissatisfying endings in film history. Basically, everyone of significance dies, except the coward who set all the turmoil in motion.

joaquin phoenix would have killed it
His character in gladiator for reference
Why would Joaquin rehash a similar role when he mastered Gladiator already?

I rewatched troy on netflix a few months ago. Great movie and I felt like they did a good job sticking to the source material while adapting it into a movie.

Last edited:
Troy has been great, a bit too much dudebro at It, but great
Entertainment movie done right
Loved the fight scenes, and cast was perfect
Orlando Bloom was the weakest link imo but I feel that way about every movie he's in
But his character was supposed to be a young good looking bitch with no heart to scrap... I think with this premise was great casting

I HATE him as Legolas though

PS: movie also had Diane Kruger boobs scene
{<redford}

Paris was such a can that he couldn’t even stick and move to take advantage of the massive stamina advantage he had over a man 30 years older and 100 lbs heavier than him

Bit of an underrated movie. By the standards of its time it was a little hammy, but had it come out today people would laud it.

I know I've seen this movie but remember literally nothing from it. Debating on if its worth rewatching...

I can remember quite a few scenes without having seen if for a couple of years.

Achilles killing Nathan Jones
Achilles sparring with his protege/sex partner (the guy that impersonates Achilles later in the movie, can't remember his name)
Achilles not banging the slave girl and out-sexing her by being shirtless in the bargain
Achilles taking the beach and the adjoining temple
Achilles shot in the leg

Not saying the movie hinges on Achilles or anything.

I can remember quite a few scenes without having seen if for a couple of years.

Achilles killing Nathan Jones
Achilles sparring with his protege/sex partner (the guy that impersonates Achilles later in the movie, can't remember his name)
Achilles not banging the slave girl and out-sexing her by being shirtless in the bargain
Achilles taking the beach and the adjoining temple
Achilles shot in the leg

Not saying the movie hinges on Achilles or anything.
bro, spoilers!

;)

Every man who loves troy should read the Iliad.

This story was to be memorized as a right of passage to be a man way back in Greek Antiquity. It's full of natural laws of honor, love and combat. Line after line of quotable moments and ferocious warfare.

Back