Epic Beer Thread 22.0 - The Sculpin Drain Pour Incident

Had Modern Times' Lomaland and Mike Hess' Grazias

Lomaland is a saison. This was a lighter saison at 5.5%. Had the aroma, flavor, hallmarks of a saison, but with a body that was similar to a wit beer. I enjoyed it, a nice beer for the hot weather.

Grazias is a vienna style cream ale. It was more like a nut brown ale. Not as bready as I thought it was going to be. More on the nutty, toasty, almost roasted side of things with a bitter finish. Not what I was expecting given the style descriptor, but not bad.

Oh get over it you woman, for fucks sake. Haven't been here for a couple days and your woman parts are still tingling.
Wow, two replies to the same post. Did you walk away from the computer still pissed off and feel the need to return?

And Terrapin Hi 5 IPA. Seriously Westy and under-appreciated, the only thing keeping this from being a hit is the fact that it's brewed in GA. A good and fresh alternative to those of us on the East Coast wanting citrusy hops and decent bang for our buck.

Haven't had that beer, but Terrapin is usually on point.

I'm drinking the Sculpin right meow. Bottled on May 8th. Still unrefrigerated when I bought it and still shipped all the way to Florida. This time it smells like mostly fruity hops with some floral notes and a bit of pine. The taste is a bit of caramel malt up front followed by mostly tropical fruit bitterness. It is balanced nicely and very drinkable.

Considering the drastic difference in taste I would have to say something went wrong with the first batch I had. Maybe now I have reached third page knowledge, but that isn't for me to decide.

Maybe now I have reached third page knowledge, but that isn't for me to decide.

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

Case solved. Nothing more to be seen here folks.

Sculpin is great. Now they just need to stop selling it for a BS price in NorCal.

And Terrapin Hi 5 IPA. Seriously Westy and under-appreciated, the only thing keeping this from being a hit is the fact that it's brewed in GA. A good and fresh alternative to those of us on the East Coast wanting citrusy hops and decent bang for our buck.

It could potentially have been brewed in Connecticut oddly enough. Even though we don't get Terrapin distro, Two Roads Brewing in CT contracts some of their brews. Odd.

I went to a beer tasting tonight. The two standouts were Buffalo Belgian stout and Duvel Tripel Hop.

Bought tickets this week for a Vermont beer/music fest at the end of August called Hop Jam.

Breweries in attendance will be:

Tree House
Hill Farmstead
Lawson's Finest Liquids
The Alchemist
Lost Nation
Sixpoint
Smuttynose
Trillium

plus more to come...pumped.

Bought tickets this week for a Vermont beer/music fest at the end of August called Hop Jam.

Breweries in attendance will be:

Tree House
Hill Farmstead
Lawson's Finest Liquids
The Alchemist
Lost Nation
Sixpoint
Smuttynose
Trillium

plus more to come...pumped.

That sounds awesome, man. Where's it at?

Big Eye>Sculpin

Come the fuck at me.

Nahhhh. Nothing stands out about Big Eye IMO. Sculpin is way, way better. Eat shit!

Balance>boldness and if you disagree you are barely first page knowledgable.

Boom.

LOL @ that picture

Got down on a Hop Stoopid last night. Haven't had it in a while I forgot how great of a beer it is.

A few weeks ago i stopped by the local tom thumb and picked up a bottle. Had not drank it in about a year. You are correct, it's pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Back