Epic Beer Thread 21.0
Epic Beer Thread 20.0
Epic Beer Thread 19.0
Epic Beer Thread 18.0
Epic Beer Thread 17.0
Epic Beer Thread 16.0

Last edited:
Alesmith Yulesmith(summer)
This seasons was dramatically different from the last. This one was more grapefruity. A bit more maltier. Last year was very similar to Enjoy By, minus the big nose.
2cyk0oz.jpg

Beach City Brewing Hang-5 IPA
If any of you are close to the HB area check these guys out. They just barely opened early May. I've only gotten to try this one from them and it was great.
fkyyqx.jpg

I was hoping the title would be The Mystery Of The Sculpin

I'll be back in San Diego in 3 weeks. Need to save my beer money.

Recommendations from The Bruery?

My local just got Duff beer. anyone try it? I don't expect it to be great but it'd be nice to have the can to keep.

Get a bunch of flights. I had one of the best beers on my trip from them and the absolute worst one.

According to my Untappd, My favorites are Oude Tart, Sour in the Rye, Rueuze, White Chocolate, Melange # 3, Black Tuesday, Tart of Darkness.

I'm not a fan of Mischief and Me, Myself, and I was fucking disgusting. Everyone at my table agreed.

LOL @ that picture

Got down on a Hop Stoopid last night. Haven't had it in a while I forgot how great of a beer it is.

Broke out a 3 year old mead that my buddy brewed. Tasted amazing and way more complex than fresh.

Get a bunch of flights. I had one of the best beers on my trip from them and the absolute worst one.

According to my Untappd, My favorites are Oude Tart, Sour in the Rye, Rueuze, White Chocolate, Melange # 3, Black Tuesday, Tart of Darkness.

I'm not a fan of Mischief and Me, Myself, and I was fucking disgusting. Everyone at my table agreed.

Saison Rue
Black Tuesday

Those are the only two I've had from them and I enjoyed both of them.

Thanks. Will give these a go, I feel like they have been staring me down every time I go to the store.

Ya, sell a kidney to be able to afford any of them. All of their bombers are ~$30 a pop. Fuck that.

And to whomever told you Black Tuesday, that's a brewery-only one day release that requires tickets to buy. So I'm gonna guess you aren't getting your hands on that one...

Lol at the name of this thread.

It is brew day, which means a lot of drinking. So far I've had mikkeller beer geek breakfast stout, firestone walker dba and opal, dfh aprihop, and my home brewed tripel.

The beer geek was great. Nice and bitter, full of coffee flavor, and easy to drink. The only thing I would change is to make it a little thicker.

Firestone dba was good. The wood/booze wasn't overpowering but was still present. Not an amazing brew, but quality for sure.

I've had the aprihop before. Good beer, the apricot and the hops blend nicely into a full flavored, not to fruity beer.

The firestone walker opal is delicious. It doesn't try to do too much, which can be a problem with saisons. It is a straight forward, very well done saison. I could drink a brazillion of them easily.

The home brewed tripel was a 9.3% spiced tripel. It smelled like honeyed apricots/peaches and a hint of the special ingredient, which is a bit like bubblegum and cloves. The alcohol was hidden nicely and the special ingredient was present enough to compliment the flavor without taking over the beer. It still needs some time in the bottle, but I think this is going to be a winner.

People's feelings really get hurt when two posters have a disagreement in these threads, LOL. It would be funny if it wasn't so queer. It's a great thing that a few of these 'beer fans' live so far apart, otherwise they might have a few too many during a night on the town and start blowing each other.

For fucks sake, Hohner is a grown ass man (MASShole), some of you people take this way too seriously when someone disagrees with your E-friend.

Great thread title, BTW.

Cheers Hohner.

People's feelings really get hurt when two posters have a disagreement in these threads, LOL. It would be funny if it wasn't so queer. It's a great thing that a few of these 'beer fans' live so far apart, otherwise they might have a few too many during a night on the town and start blowing each other.

For fucks sake, Hohner is a grown ass man (MASShole), some of you people take this way too seriously when someone disagrees with your E-friend.

Great thread title, BTW.

Cheers Hohner.

Ehh...I mean, I haven't been involved up to this point but you're certainly being a bit obnoxious about the whole thing from my view. I mean you IMMEDIATELY took it to "you don't know anything about beer and I do" level if I recall the last thread correctly (which I might not). Now you're bridging very nicely to "you guys are GAAAAY for defending each other" territory. Seriously man?

Like you said, Hohner is a grown man...as we all are. Shall we act like it perhaps? Maybe?

Ehh...I mean, I haven't been involved up to this point but you're certainly being a bit obnoxious about the whole thing from my view. I mean you IMMEDIATELY took it to "you don't know anything about beer and I do" level if I recall the last thread correctly (which I might not). Now you're bridging very nicely to "you guys are GAAAAY for defending each other" territory. Seriously man?

Like you said, Hohner is a grown man...as we all are. Shall we act like it perhaps? Maybe?

When someone makes a bold statement such as saying that beers don't go bad after sitting for two months at room temperature, and they say it with such conviction, they should be corrected. It's not just that occurrence, each and every time someone's disagrees with one of a handful of posters, regardless of their validity, they get hounded by the Sherdog Superior Beer Fan Super Circle-jerk Club. Pretty pathetic, more so when the person doing the correcting is right.

And you don't remember correctly, go back and read the thread.

Anything. o_O

I'm opening a bottle of 2013 Tart of Darkness [Bruery], a year old Stone w00tstout [first year of five aging bottles], and a handful of BCBS Coffees on Wednesday. My buddy might bring by some aged Stone brews from last year as well. Not to mention a 12 pack of Dale's.

When someone makes a bold statement such as saying that beers don't go bad after sitting for two months at room temperature, and they say it with such conviction, they should be corrected. It's not just that occurrence, each and every time someone's disagrees with one of a handful of posters, regardless of their validity, they get hounded by the Sherdog Superior Beer Fan Super Circle-jerk Club. Pretty pathetic, more so when the person doing the correcting is right.

And you don't remember correctly, go back and read the thread.

I was close enough. This isn't all that far away from "I know more about beer then you", although that's a simplified version.

"At some point you're going to realize that you shouldn't be so damned argumentative and that your knowledge of beer doesn't go much further than the second page of a Sherdog thread."

I'm not saying I disagree with the fact that most hoppy beers can get really shitty really quickly if they change temperature a lot and aren't kept refrigerated and drank fresh, I just saw it as a quick escalation to a discussion that wasn't particularly heated until your comment above and feel like you're being unnecessarily confrontational and flat out childish with the "circle jerk"/"sucking each other off" bullshit as if it happens constantly, which really I can only think of one other time you could be referring to - the whole cone vs pellet discussion.

To each their own. Some people REALLY like arguing on the internet until they feel like everyone knows they're right. Have a beer and relax.

Back