Epic Beer Thread 15.0 Hopslammed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innis and Gunn are re-releasing this, due to hit the shelves next month. Hopefully I'll be able to find some this time.

5539EE71D812F17834060377076C8.jpg

I've always found Innis & Gunn decidedly meh. I can't think of any of their beers that I've really enjoyed.

Have you tried either of the Plinys??

I've had Pliny The Elder. A spot in Seattle had it when I was visiting a friend about a year ago. Not sure if it lives up to the hype, but I'd have to give it another shot now that my brain would be a bit more honest about it.

Everytime I've tried a Sierra Nevada brew I have been disappointed. Am I the only one?

Everytime I've tried a Sierra Nevada brew I have been disappointed. Am I the only one?

Sierra Nevada makes quality in quantity. I think they get a little over hyped, but a twelve pack of their Torpedo IPA is always a solid choice if the goal is to end up drunk without drinking swill.

Sierra Nevada makes quality in quantity. I think they get a little over hyped, but a twelve pack of their Torpedo IPA is always a solid choice if the goal is to end up drunk without drinking swill.

I tried that and it had this terrible chemical after taste. Maybe it was just my palette.

I tried that and it had this terrible chemical after taste. Maybe it was just my palette.

Maybe. I really like their IPA. You won't catch me calling it top notch, but it's a damn fine choice. Bang for your buck. Nowadays, I'm more willing to shell out a little extra cash for a lot less beer, though. Haven't had anything of theirs in a while because of it. Maybe I'll grab a sixer of Torpedo and figure it out.

I wonder what kind of whales Whitemare got for Christmas?

I wonder what kind of whales Whitemare got for Christmas?

Every time he posts, it's to show off the ridiculous goodness. I'm curious now that you put it in my head.

Hopslam is coming to VA. Now I just have to figure out WHERE it's coming to VA.

Big fan of Hopslam, but the fact that I have ample Palate wrecked has made me limit my trading to one 6er of Hopslam.

Big fan of Hopslam, but the fact that I have ample Palate wrecked has made me limit my trading to one 6er of Hopslam.

Is Hopslam one of those brews? Still haven't tried it. Ruination is my favorite IPA so far. I love the havoc it lays on your palate.

SNPA is one of the beers that got me into craft beer so I'm forever in debt to them for that. I think they're about as good as you can get for a brewery of that size. Brux was pretty damn awesome too.

SNPA is one of the beers that got me into craft beer so I'm forever in debt to them for that. I think they're about as good as you can get for a brewery of that size. Brux was pretty damn awesome too.

I was into the Pale Ale for a long time before I tried the IPA. SN and Stone are really what got my beer-juices flowing.

SN Hoptimum is excellent. Its basically their Torpedo on steroids

SN Narwhal is really good for a new brew. I expect next years batch to be incredible and this years' as well after some aging.

I am pretty bias when it comes to SN- it got me into craft beer and I'm an hour from Chico but these two are must tries.

If anyone is interested I can grab some 4 packs(~$10) to trade

SN Hoptimum is excellent. Its basically their Torpedo on steroids

SN Narwhal is really good for a new brew. I expect next years batch to be incredible and this years' as well after some aging.

I am pretty bias when it comes to SN- it got me into craft beer and I'm an hour from Chico but these two are must tries.

If anyone is interested I can grab some 4 packs(~$10) to trade

I've tried the Narwhal, and wasn't really impressed. But my stouts of choice are Stone IRS and FBS, so my palate is a bit ruined for Stouts, honestly.

Never tried Hoptimum. Will have to scout it out.

6024583648_b17ce0522c_z.jpg

I tried one of these for the first time last night. I really need to remember to look at the alcohol content before opening bombers. I, for some reason, was thinking this would be like a 7 or 8% beer. I took my first sip and knew that was wrong. Checked the bottle and it's 11.5.

This is a pretty tasty stout that brewed with cacao nibs. I expected a bit more of a chocolately flavor than what it actually had. I still liked it but it was such a heavy stout I really could have shared it with someone.

Kind of sick of years of ultra-hopped bitter craft beers and IPA's so I ordered one of these yesterday. Not sure of the year but Allagash Interlude Farmhouse Ale, it is aged in wine barrels:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4/27837
interlude.JPG

Was really happy with the choice. I am going to keep going with the more sour-styles I think it is the change my taste buds need.
Also drank a Bi

20130107_202441.jpg

Belgian style winter warmer. Spices were well balanced. I liked it a lot but wasn't totally blown away. Maybe I'll grab another and age it.

So I've had 08-12 and 08 was heads and shoulders better than the rest. 9, 11, and 12 were really close. 10 was a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back