ephidrine/caffeine dosages?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by rod snow, Jul 17, 2005.

1. rod snow

rod snow White Belt

Right now i take 8mg of ephidrine and 200mg of caffeine in the morning and evening before my cardio sessions. I've never used the stuff before so are these dosages too much or too less or spot on?

2. Rjkd12

Rjkd12 Certified Bastard

200 mg of caffeine is right, but I normally see more ephedra. Most ECA stacks have either 20 or 25 mg.

3. rod snow

rod snow White Belt

that's interesting, the ephidrine (hydrochloride, dont know if that matters) caffeine combo pack seems like less of a deal right now considering i got 50 8mg ephedrine tabs and 100 200mg caffeine tabs

oh well, thanks for the info

4. Terumo

Terumo Orange Belt

The majority of studies performed on EC combinations were done at a ratio of 1:10, E:C. Dosage administrations per kg body mass had considerably more variability. I would start at roughly 2mg caffeine / kg body mass and work my way downward if overstimulation occurs. If you do experience overstimulation, discontinue any physical activity.

Another trick to combat overstimulation is to consume 500mg vitamin C per hour to assist in the clearance of the drugs. Ascorbic acid helps in binding ephedrine alkaloids.

5. One Time

One Time You bang brah?!

I just recently picked up some caffeine/boost supplements from GNC. It's called Thermo-Boost. Has anyone used this stuff before? Looks like there's a whole lotta caffeine in these bad-boys...but the saleperson talked me into picking this up in order to gain more energy and lose weight quickly.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.gnc.com/about_gnc/pr_detail.aspx?id=406&lang=en

6. Terumo

Terumo Orange Belt

Once ephedrine was banned, companies began throwing in several "exotic" ingredients to make the supplement seem more effective: green tea, guarana, yerbe mate, cocoa, gotu kola. All of these ingredients have one thing in common--they contain caffeine. Yes, many they contain antioxidants, particularly polyphenols. However, the only one that would pose any use as a weight loss adjunct is ECGC, which is found in green tea. Unfortunately, a large amount of this compound (more than is in any everything-but-the-kitchen-sink products) would be needed to facilitate heightened fat loss.

ThermoBurst (which I believe is the product to which you refer) is much the same. It has a considerable amount of caffeiene along with tiny traces of other exotic caffeine sources. There are also some other ingredients that could be considered mildly thermogenic, but they are in tiny, tiny, traces that are not biologically plausible.

*EDITed to add the following paragraphs:
    Yes, ThermoBurst does have a lot of caffeine, which can be useful in facilitating lipolysis (although not so much by itself). However, you would get a lot more mg per dollar by using Vivarin as your caffeine source. In other words, don't buy it.

7. rod snow

rod snow White Belt

thanks turemo!

8. MadDildo

MadDildo Shame Staff Member Senior Moderator

Get Vasopro. It's legal anywhere, even California. It has an expectorant with the E; I take it because I'm asthmatic.