EPA is now allowing asbestos back into manufacturing

There are still applications where it is still the better option. In the past it was used in many applications that were very bad. The problem is understood now and it can be used without the problems of the past.

Actually what you mean is, it is the cheapest and easiest option. This is nothing but a big steaming dump on worker safety for $$$$$$$

Polyurethane foams
Flour fillers
Cellulose fibres
Thermoset plastic flour
Amorphous silica fabrics
Fibreglass, PBI fibre, ceramic fibre and bio soluble alternatives

Not to mention the 60 or so substitutes for every kind of asbestos cement.

You gotta be a pretty sad sack of shit to defend as asbestos. Then again, anything for daddy ;)

<20>

I am not defending asbestos. If it is being used as non encapsulated fibers it is dangerous.

I want to know in what form this asbestos is coming in.

There are very few applications where I would justify it but I have no problem with it being used in those limited applications where it can be used safely and where there is no good substitute.

I will complain if it is going to be misused. I would just like to know how it is intended to be used first.

Actually what you mean is, it is the cheapest and easiest option. This is nothing but a big steaming dump on worker safety for $$$$$$$

Polyurethane foams
Flour fillers
Cellulose fibres
Thermoset plastic flour
Amorphous silica fabrics
Fibreglass, PBI fibre, ceramic fibre and bio soluble alternatives

Not to mention the 60 or so substitutes for every kind of asbestos cement.

No not the cheapest option, the most expensive option.

In hard encapsulated materials you will get more breakage than dust. In materials that have a lot of fiber you will get dust such as loose insulation and ceiling tiles. It needs to be encapsulated.

I don't think asbestos should be everywhere but there are applications where it can be used with adequate safety and is the best option.

I guess it's only Russians dying then, right...?

I guess it's only Russians dying then, right...?

It has never stopped being used for diaphragms of chlor alkali plants in the electrolysis of NaCl.

I am against almost all but a very few uses but there are some that are safe.

It has never stopped being used for diaphragms of chlor alkali plants in the electrolysis of NaCl.

I am against almost all but a very few uses but there are some that are safe.

The Russian industry persists because there's still consumers.
They banned it here because of the miners dying as much as the dangers posed by using it.
We've had a total ban since 2003. As in It is illegal to import, store, supply, sell, install, use or re-use asbestos materials.

The Russian industry persists because there's still consumers.
They banned it here because of the miners dying as much as the dangers posed by using it.
We've had a total ban since 2003. As in It is illegal to import, store, supply, sell, install, use or re-use asbestos materials.

The CDC will differ on this as there are applications.

Toxic chemicals are so conservative as long as the scumbags on top make a nice profit.

I did go and read what is currently happening and I don't like it.

There are still applications but what is happening I think can be dangerous. It is stream lining things a bit to much for my tastes.

Toxic chemicals are so conservative as long as the scumbags on top make a nice profit.

Liberals also don't want all toxic chemicals to go away. They just want them to be used smarter and safer.

There is no fully getting away from toxic chemicals. Nature is full of them.

The CDC will differ on this as there are applications.

There's always been applications. They didn't ban it because it wasn't useful.

There's always been applications. They didn't ban it because it wasn't useful.

It is not banned, it is only banned for certain applications. It was still going into Eli Lilly's labs when I was there.

Asbestos only has a limited ban, not a total ban.

American conservatives are absolutely retarded when it comes to actual environmental conservation/national health.

It is not banned, it is only banned for certain applications. It was still going into Eli Lilly's labs when I was there.

Asbestos only has a limited ban, not a total ban.

Not here (Oz) it doesn't. It's a total ban.
We used to be one of it's biggest users (highest per capita) and a significant producer.

Not here (Oz) it doesn't. It's a total ban.
We used to be one of it's biggest users and a significant producer.

The ban in the USA allows certain exceptions. It is mostly banned in the USA and the only type that is allowed is chrysotile, the other chemistries are out. There were applications that were totally banned. What has happened is approval for applications have been streamlined and that may be a problem. They have never stopped letting asbestos in, they just limited the applications and had an approval process for use.

I am betting some labs in your country can still get permission to use it.

Last edited:
American conservatives are absolutely retarded when it comes to actual environmental conservation/national health.

Liberals also kept allowing it to come into the country. Look at some of the sessions in the House. Do you want laboratories to not have access to it?

I know exactly how I'll get that disease...

By having scraped up by hand the 1950's asbestos-impregnated asphalt tile in my entire house before laying down a floating floor.

My house still has the asbestos siding and soffit under vinyl siding and soffit that u put up.

Seems we have been doing fine here the 40+ years it´s been banned.

While it hasn't been used in new construction in many years it's all over the place . . . house siding, floor tiles, etc. As long as it's left undisturbed it's not harmful. But when you begin a renovation and find it you definitely need to remove it correctly.

I know exactly how I'll get that disease...

By having scraped up by hand the 1950's asbestos-impregnated asphalt tile in my entire house before laying down a floating floor.

My house still has the asbestos siding and soffit under vinyl siding and soffit that u put up.

That's not good. I would rather not see it in residential housing or commercial buildings again.

Back