Ep #5: 640,000 viewers, the second lowest

Dana should have made the season an all girls show.

Im guessing meltzer will shock us by pulling a low number out of his ass to be like "Er ma gerd, TUFFS isn't watchable anymore".

Yep "er ma gerd" sounds exactly like him :rolleyes:

When your preview for next week's episode is fighters eating food, don't expect big ratings.

Next week on the Ultimate Fighter, fighters struggle to keep their weight down.

"Dude, there's just so much food!"

Riveting television.

Yep, there was nothing about a great fight between two popular females mentioned/shown

Nope

:eek:
Episode 5. That's what this thread is about. The preview for episode 6 was good and makes me want to watch it.

Episode 5. That's what this thread is about. The preview for episode 6 was good and makes me want to watch it.

Oh ok (you added to your post since my quote) a lot were predicting viewership for next week & they show Team RR being served Hooters, so I made the mistake
My bad buddy

I'm guessing 825k.

And since when is writing someone a letter considered juvenile?

Women's fights more popular than men's on TUF this season

By Dave Meltzer on Oct 4 2013, 12:00p

Patterns have emerged thus far in the fall season's for The Ultimate Fighter and Bellator television shows. For The Ultimate Fighter, the women's fights are more popular so far than the men's. While live viewership is down, DVR viewership is the strongest in show history. For Bellator, Friday numbers are down from Thursday, but not far off what TUF was doing on Friday's on FX.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/4/4800846/women-fights-more-popular-than-mens-on-tuf-this-season

Why can't she express her feelings verbally? It is sweet and all, but you can't say it isn't a bit juvenile.

The "Let me bang, bro!" guy thing is a joke. There is one every season. I am not earnestly hoping somebody with the personality of Julian Lane makes an appearance. He was quite annoying.

Sorry if I insulted your crush, but cool your jets buddy. You don't need to don your armor every time somebody makes a few jokes.

I mean honestly, she hands them the note and then quickly walks away like it says, "Check yes or no." Again, a nice thought, but she is an adult. She should have moved past that stage.
I can imagine that the way Julianna is shown to be acting would get on anybody's nerves fairly quickly, and is fairly juvenile.

This is, however, one of the dumber things posted on Sherdog, and that really does say a lot.

I can imagine that the way Julianna is shown to be acting would get on anybody's nerves fairly quickly, and is fairly juvenile.

This is, however, one of the dumber things posted on Sherdog, and that really does say a lot.
Please explain how a joke is one of the dumber things posted on Sherdog.

Why can't she express her feelings verbally? It is sweet and all, but you can't say it isn't a bit juvenile.

I mean honestly, she hands them the note and then quickly walks away like it says, "Check yes or no." Again, a nice thought, but she is an adult. She should have moved past that stage.

...and just like that, the average IQ of this place had dropped by 50 points.

I was going to explain to you that unless you're a spokesperson by trade, most people are able to convey their message better and clearer through intricate writing, that is why even the most charismatic world leaders, business people, athletes, and celebrities still release official statements in writing, just to avoid embarrassing foot-in-mouth fumbles while trying to ad-lib it. Hell, even Tito Ortiz kind of make sense when he write stuff down rather than talking.

But then I quickly realized that skill clearly doesn't apply to you, as the idiotic "writing is juvenile" conclusion from your post seems to be equally as stupid on paper as spoken aloud.

Last edited:
Once again you display some vivid juvenile habits, and it seems to stem from the subconscious mind so it may not even be intentional for you, just 'natural'.

That would be worrying if it was me.

I have a crush on 'reasoning'. If you don't understand the different means of expression, or why in some cases written messages commune better than vocal messages then that's your loss. If you behaved a bit more maturely maybe I would have cared enough to explain the psychology and effectiveness behind it... But yea, calling it 'passing notes like highschool' is just preposterous. The hypocrisy here is humorous though. As Joe Rogan says, unintentional comedy is always the best.

Good luck, and hope you find your bang bro.
Well, I can see this is going nowhere.

However, I am self aware enough to say, that maybe I considered this in the wrong light. It is quite possible I didn't give enough consideration to how effective a well written, and very positive or encouraging note could be.

Put as simply as possible, I suppose I was wrong. I found the passing of notes to be a bit idiotic, but if it serves its intended purpose and allows her teammates to perform to the best of their abilities knowing somebody believes in them, more power to her.

most of the time the men's personalities/ambitions etc. seem very bland and uninteresting,

the female take on fighting is totally new and more interesting, thats why the TUF format had grown so stale.

I'm feeling a Grant/Holdsworth finale, I feel like Grant beating Martinez in the opening round should have been a lot bigger of a deal in the coaches eyes, instead they just made it sound like he was a good striker but he beat Martinez all over in that fight

I do wonder why they had guys on this season at all. I guess they were looking for a Real World type sex fest. Or something. Hasn't that ship sailed? Maybe not. Whatever. Go Browns!

I do wonder why they had guys on this season at all.

Strange how the mentality flipped 180 degrees once the season started. It used to be "why are there girls fighting?!".

I am not amused by the women... they aren't remotely on the level of the men. The fights are back and forth because they look amateur and tough... err... woman... competitionish... I dunno.

I've been downloading the eps and skipping to the fight, every now and then I will watch a bit of the show. It's just not compelling tv, and the fights aren't that good either.

Need a FW season.

I can't believe people actually watch the women fight.

i don't want to be a dick, but "writing is juvenile" is the most abyssally monstruous thing i have ever read in my life.

Back