Entering my first tournament (NAGA).

if you're not strapped for cash, 75 bucks come and go, but NAGA competition is worth it.

If you have the money, do it. The adrenalin shot of your first competition is great. Actually, the adrenalin shot out of any competition is the best thing next to sex

VagabondMusashi said:
If you have the money, do it. The adrenalin shot of your first competition is great. Actually, the adrenalin shot out of any competition is the best thing next to sex

Jiu Jitsu and sex........that's a slippery slope bro..............don't go down that road :D

I wish I could be back at 160, but bro Gene is already gonna help you out. I'm trying my best to get advice from blue belts who so far have helped me a shitload.

WEONLYONESIXTWO, are you gonna be entering the adult division or the teen division? At age 16 i'm not sure which one you qualify for. I've been training for almost 6 months now and this naga will also be my first. I'm 21yrs old and about 164pounds, I plan on cutting down a little bit and entering the mens Novice Gi & No-Gi 150-159.9lb division. It's gonna be my first tourney and so just like everyone says i'm not going in there expecting to win, i'm there to learn and to represent my school. Should be fun and I hope to just gain experience for the next one.

Weonlywonsixtwo said:
The NAGA North American Grappling Championship. Been doing bjj around 3 months, 4, 1 hour classes a week, but a few weeks ago I started doing 6 classes a week. I know nothing about naga. All I know is, is that it isnt a pussy tournament. I think I'm pretty decent cause I'm tapping guys bigger and that have been training alot longer. Also I can keep my own with most blue belts. Should I go through with this? or is a waste of 75 bux?

I'm 16 and weight about 158 pounds.

http://www.nagafighter.com/nagc05_home.asp

Any tips? Pointers? Takedowns? Comments?

ThanX WOWST

Yo, I say do it. I did my first NAGA tourney with 4 months experience, two times a week, and I won my division. Its great experience, so much fun. Im doing this one too. I just turned 17 and Ive been doing it for almost a year so Im gonna do the teens lightweight (140-149 lb) no gi and the teens gi blue belt lightweight division. Im really looking forward to it. A buncha my teammates are gonna be there and I have 5 of my friends and my dad, mom, and sister coming. I roll better with more people there, gives me more to fight for, atleast thats how I think anyway. Maybe Ill see ya there. Ill be wearing a red Philly MMA shirt or a black Sprawl hoodie, say hi if you see me.

Back