Enriko Gogokhia signs with major boxing promoter

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The company announced Monday that it has signed 25-year-old junior middleweight Enriko Gogokhia (1-0, 1 KO), a former professional kickboxer from Ukraine, who is managed by Egis Klimas, also the manager of light heavyweight titleholder Sergey Kovalev and junior lightweight titlist Vasyl Lomachenko, and one of the keenest talent evaluators in boxing.

"After seeing Gogokhia's boxing debut on June 11 we were very impressed with his fighting style,” Main Events matchmaker Jolene Mizzone said.
http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/16502/main-events-signs-kickboxer

You rarely see someone from another sport sign with a top manager just like that.

The same promotion team as Kovalev and Lomachenko.

Last edited:
i wish him all of the best on his boxing journey,he is big loss to LW competition,so i hope he do good on boxing or comeback soon to KB

Good luck to him hopefully he does well. The problem is boxing is not like Kickboxing or MMA. The competition in boxing is like MuayThai in the Thai stadiums and a lot of the more successful fighters start in their teens or younger. Its very unlikely someone making this transition at 25 is going to have much success but you never know.

Good luck to him hopefully he does well. The problem is boxing is not like Kickboxing or MMA. The competition in boxing is like MuayThai in the Thai stadiums and a lot of the more successful fighters start in their teens or younger. Its very unlikely someone making this transition at 25 is going to have much success but you never know.
That's what labs are for, bro.

I didnt watch the fight but Gogokhia is now 3-0 in boxing tonight.

However he just got a split decision against someone who is 5-10

Not sure how big of a future he has in boxing.

I didnt watch the fight but Gogokhia is now 3-0 in boxing tonight.

However he just got a split decision against someone who is 5-10

Not sure how big of a future he has in boxing.
Thanks for keeping us updated. Perhaps just a bad night.

I watched the fight and it was only a split decision because one judge must've been watching some other fight or netflix or something idk. 60-54 59-55 55-59 and basically all the rounds were easy for Enriko.

He's mostly a puncher, right? I remember Nagbe pretty much outclassed him.

How is his boxing career going? No big fights yet?

How is his boxing career going? No big fights yet?
12-0 with wins over some decent looking prospects and a TKO over a 44-14 former title challenger. He is ranked #64 in the world on boxrec. He's not making any big waves and nobody knows his name yet, but I think thats a good thing. The guy still has a lot of room to grow and rushing his career wont do him any favors. He has a good team in California and I think he could definitely snag an alphabet belt if he keep improving.

Back