Enough with this "Glass Body" nonsense.

Mein ripped him with a left hook to the body in close quarters after going up top with left hooks numerous times earlier.

I think its just a coincidence about the south paw thing.

Body shots are finally getting utilized more in MMA.

Bas Rutten among others believe its trauma to the liver that shuts you down, possibly the thicker right side of the liver getting mashed into your diaphragm (breathing muscle) upon impact. Since the liver is on the right of your body, your opponent having power in the left leg or hand would aid in this.

Off the top of my head, tito/Nog, Smith/Sell, Pettis/Cerrone, Wineland/Campuzano were all to the left. There's a body shot thread with tons of gifs I wonder how many are to the liver?

I like Matt Brown, but even just looking at the guy you can tell his core isn't his biggest physiological strength. He's like a bigger version of Cody McKenzie.

I also don't buy the argument that he got caught "cold". I've never noticed a difference in being susceptible to body shots based on how warm/cold I am. Body shots accumulate during a fight and once you've been weakened significantly every subsequent shot can put you away. That's what happened to Brown, but my only problem with it is that he got cracked way early.

If I'm his next opponent, I'm ripping body shots from the opening bell and seeing how he responds.

nogknee2.gif

Immortal has a worse glass body then Cody Mckenzie & Tito Ortiz combined IMO.

Back