Enough with this "Glass Body" nonsense.

Towelie by TKO

The Continental Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How many fighters who have been dropped with body shots have come back to win in dominant fashion? The shots that hurt Brown would hurt anybody. Take a look at the first kick Silva landed:

RashFlamboyantDiplodocus.gif

Most fighters fold like accordions when hit with shots like that. Even seasoned strikers like Cerrone and Philippou pretty much quit instantly when they got hit with kicks like that. Brown not only survived, but went on to beat the brakes off of Silva. Same with the Mein fight. Mein hurt Brown with a picture-perfect left hook to the liver that would have hurt most anybody, then even followed it up with GnP to the body on the ground. Not 15 seconds after Mein was GnPing his body, Brown was able to lock in a triangle to buy himself recovery time. If anything, Brown should be praised for his ability to keep fighting despite eating brutal body shots, rather than being criticized has having a "glass body" whatever that means.

If there's such a thing as "glass chin", why can't there be a "glass body"?

I think such a term is ok to exist but don't throw it at Brown. He's only folded like twice against shots to the body against Silva and Wonderboy I believe.

Maybe if there's someone who's actually been finished with body shots multiple times, that term could apply to them. I don't think it applies to someone who gets hurt with body shots but comes back to win in dominant fashion each time.

He's gonna badly hurt/dropped by body shots in 3 of his last 6 fights.

I can't think of anyone that's happened to other than Tito Ortiz.

If Matt Brown doesn't have a glass body nobody does.

Scott Smith has a glass body. Matt Brown does not.

And if Matt Brown has a glass body, Erick Silva has a glass chin, glass heart, glass lungs and a glass brain. So in the end, it didn't matter.

He's gonna badly hurt/dropped by body shots in 3 of his last 6 fights.

I can't think of anyone that's happened to other than Tito Ortiz.

If Matt Brown doesn't have a glass body nobody does.

Twice, not three times, at least as far as I can recall, and I've rewatched all of Browns recent fights multiple times. Just Mein and Silva. Out of 30 professional fights, getting hurt by body shots twice and then recovering both times to come back and win should not mean you have a weak body. He has a hole in his defense when it comes to blocking body shots, sure, but a glass body? Don't think so.

Body shots fucking hurt no matter who you are, I really don't think anybody is deserving of the term "glass body", even Tito. Some guys are better at hiding the pain than others, but shots like the ones that hurt Brown would hurt anybody.

Both Erick and Mein fight from southpaw too, it might just be an issue with how he deals with southpaw fighters attacking the body. Erick's kick was pretty good too, it's not like he just gave Brown a love tap

Twice, not three times, at least as far as I can recall, and I've rewatched all of Browns recent fights multiple times. Just Mein and Silva. Out of 30 professional fights, getting hurt by body shots twice and then recovering both times to come back and win should not mean you have a weak body. He has a hole in his defense when it comes to blocking body shots, sure, but a glass body? Don't think so.

Body shots fucking hurt no matter who you are, I really don't think anybody is deserving of the term "glass body", even Tito. Some guys are better at hiding the pain than others, but shots like the ones that hurt Brown would hurt anybody.

They wouldn't hurt anybody though. That's just not true. Tons of guys have never even been fazed by the hundreds of body shots they've taken.

Pettis kicked Bendo in the body the exact same way several times and he showed a grimace but didn't look anywhere close to being dropped.

And I mean, there's just hundreds of fighters as I've said that have NEVER been even close to being dropped by bodyshots, you honestly think those guys just never got hit as hard as brown?

And no WonderBoy hurt him badly with body shots too.

Again, I've never seen a fighter get badly hurt by bodyshots in 3/6 fights, that's a ridiculously high rate.

If people want to use the term "Glass Body" I'm perfectly fine with it because I've never seen someone get hurt so often from body shots, it's completely logical.

Scott Smith has a glass body. Matt Brown does not.

And if Matt Brown has a glass body, Erick Silva has a glass chin, glass heart, glass lungs and a glass brain. So in the end, it didn't matter.

with Silva I don't think you can question his chin, he ate (and I mean ate) a ton of shots.

You can't actually have a glass body if you haven't even been stopped by body shots.

It's typical Sherdog tearing a guy down. Unfortunately I think Brown didn't help things by talking about being cold after the fight. I do agree though that the body kick would've dropped just about anyone.

I think its fucking hilarious when someone says "glass body"!!! I absolutely love it!!

brown has only been hurt 3 times from strikes..... all to the body. against silva, mein, and in his TUF fight with amir.

there is a such thing as a "glass body;" ask tito or scott smith. brown happens to be the toughest man on earth, but his body is a weak spot of his.

more shertard retardery.

If I pick up a sledge hammer and hit someone full strength on the head they go out shertards would say that is proof of a glass jaw as they do not understand the concept of getting caught nor the idea of not every shot is equal.

glass body? the man took a nasty liver shot, and came back to win, thats impressive, a lot of fighters dont even stand up after a shot like that

Back