enough is e fu#$ing nough

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
ok so i'm 25 years old 195lbs 15%bf i started training judo a year ago and have had a lot of success with it,a few gold medals and recently ran 3rd in my weight group at my provincial tournament tournament behind a former olympian,and another guy who is a current national rep for my weight class,i alsoo attended the national training camp not bad for someone with under a years training!!

i also cross train in bjj although the classes are fairly informal run by a purple belt and we can't officially grade in brazilian jiu jitsu.(i trained bjj for 6 months at a proper school before starting judo but hated that paticular school)

i trained muay thai for a year but stopped when i started judo have just recently started taking boxing privates from a friend who is a very successful/experienced amature boxer.

i play rugby league and 2years ago represented my country in the national universites team playing at the universities world cup.

as far as career wise ive been working in a dead-end job i was happy to just settle in my shit job and focus on rugby league and partying i dropped out of college i went through a bad break up and suffered depression bad and would just miss class inorder to avoid contact with the other people which is strange because i'm usually really out going,judo really helped me deal with this.
now its time to grow up!! and get on with life!!

my aims for the next 18 months:
to attain judo ikyu(brown belt)-shodan would be even better
compete in mixed martial arts
get a tesol cert and teach in a foriegn country.
complete my marketing diploma
(maybe)bjj blue belt
compete in an international grappling tournament of some description (eg,pan-pacs or hopefully judo oceanias)

my plan for the next 12-18months;
*the last judo competition for the year is this weekend once thats finished i'm going to sign back up the mma academy train one less night of judo a week and get back in to bjj,mma and muay thai while still training judo i'd really hoped to have a fight this year but i think i'm running out of time to get ready now.

*ive just signed up for a 50hour web-based tesol course and am in the process of booking flights to phuket and training at tiger muay thai in november and december splitting my time between sub grappling and muay thai,and volunteering to assist with english lessons at a local school.

*in january and february i'm going to be in another city in my country studying towards a personal training certificate,will be working a t a friends bar and training full time at gracie barra as well as taking privates to make the most of my time there.

*from march-november i'll be back at college in my home town.will either try to find weekend bar work or work as a PT,or work my current job but cut there hours down to around 20 a week.will be training judo monday wensday friday night,bjj tuesday thursday,muaythai tuesday saturday and mma thursday saturday,hopefully will get in 2 or 3 mma matches throughout the year.
i'm giving up rugby league so i can do this i'm also going to take a private in judo with my coach once a week the aim being to get in the national squad.
during each lot of college holidays i'll be travelling back to the gracie barra to train in bjj and take privates with the instructor wioth the hope of greatly improving my ground game and maybe having a blue belt by the end of the year.

basically this year i want to finish my degree,and go all out to achieve my martial sports dreams as its probably the last year i can really concentrate on them, next year i should finish my diploma and then it will be on to a career i will still train and compete in grappling but probably not with the amount of dedication i can give it now,and i'll almost certainly have to give up mma.
basically i want to compete at the highest level i can while i still can.

i'm going to use this log to keep track of all my martial arts treainng as well as my strength trainng and how my other life goals are progressing.

Last edited:
wow thats a bit of a novel!

also i havent done any strength training for almost 4 months(since my membership ran out) my schedule is pretty busy so i was thinking of just doing a full-body routine and going to the gym whenever i can making sure that there is atleast one day in between sessions that way i dont have to do any type of split,and it wont matter if some weeks i can make it in three times and some weeks only once.
something along the lines of-
squat 5x5
deadlift 5x3
bench 5x5
ohp5x5
row 5x5
chins 3xf

regional tournament today had a tough weight group 8 competitiors 6 shodans 1 ikyu and me finished 3rd was very nervous in my first fight but went well after that.
won the restricted open.
coach talked me in to entering the senior open got a bye the first round then beat a brown belt via osaekomi lost the semi final and then lost the bronze medal match to a former olympian and common wealth games meddalist(almost caught him with uchimata!)

pretty happy with my performance was alot more cometitive with the higher grade players than i have been in the past
lost 3/9 fights all 3 losses were to national squad members

Last edited:
wow thats a bit of a novel!

also i havent done any strength training for almost 4 months(since my membership ran out) my schedule is pretty busy so i was thinking of just doing a full-body routine and going to the gym whenever i can making sure that there is atleast one day in between sessions that way i dont have to do any type of split,and it wont matter if some weeks i can make it in three times and some weeks only once.
something along the lines of-
squat 5x5
deadlift 5x3
bench 5x5
ohp5x5
row 5x5
chins 3xf

That's too much for one day. I'd suggest either Starting Strength, it's normally done 3 days a week, but just going when you can would work, or the Wendler 5/3/1. You can also do a search as this topic has been done before, and look at DevilsSon's log since he generally trains 1-2 days a week.

ok thanks will have a look in to those programmes.

yesterday 1hour pad work with boxing coach focus on a solid gaurd and defense.

had a good session at mma saturday
started of with a circuit:
*holding pad holder in your closed guard straight punches on focus mitts.
*skipping rope
*penetration steps against a resisting oponent holding pad(as in you start leaning against them and do pentratoon steps as if you were shooting for a takedown against there resistance down the mat.)
*sitting in opponents closed guard hitting pads.
*1,2 sprawl 1,2 knee,sprawl 1,2,low kick,sprawl on heavy bag repeat
*pick up grappling dummy slam on the ground,ground and pound 5 or 6 shots repeat.
*punch out on bag.
*burpees.

each exercise was done for a minute,1 min rest between sets 3 sets.

then we rolled (with light strikes) for 7 4min round i faired really well especially considering the only grappling ive done for the last 2 months has been judo. submitted everyone atleast once except for a purple belt who positionally raped me and subbed me once with an armbar from mount.ive noticed lately my top game is good but guard needs work

Last edited:
took sunday off that first mma session back after only having done judo for a few months really wiped me out.

going to try keep the log up to date now that i'll be back into a full training schedule.

today woke up went for a jog 7.5kms took just under an hour.
had two scoops of protein in milk.
morning tea 100gram oats some organic low fat yoghurt scoop of protein and some berries.
sushi for lunch
will have some beef mince and veges for dinner then off to mma training.

due to a massive earthquake we werent allowed in our mma academt and are unsure when we will be.

luckily a local promoter allowed us the use of his all and cage!! for fighters training wich i was invited to,despite being nowhere near ready to fight. we have two guys who have taken fights at short notice so were just rearing them for there fights.

we warmed up by doing some light stnd-up sparring for 3 2min rounds.

then it was in to the cage,there were 7 of us there the 2 preparing for fights did 3x5 min rounds each,full contact mma sparring.

basically one went for his 3 5s then the other they'd spar each of us for a min,take a 1min rest then repeat.

i have no striking lol but still did quite well basically came out threw a punch or 2 shot for a double drove in to the fence then takedown and g n p.in every round.the last round i stood for longer than i should have and got a small cut on the cheek but happy with how i did considering both guys have faired pretty well one is 3-0 the other 6-0 and is fighting for a title in 2 weeks.my striking is woeful but feeling very strong and my takedowns and top control are good.
going back for more tommorrow night :)

Nice to see fellow Kiwis on sherdog! You must be in Christchurch, how's it up there? As chaotic as the tv makes it out to be?

i'm very lucky where i live got away rellatively unscathed some parts of town are a mess though. ad still plenty of places with no power or water its amazing there wasnt any deaths.

Back