Endlessly Beginning, Forever Improving

Got bored again.

Bas Rutten Tapes
5 or 6 x 2 minute Boxing rounds​

I forget how many. I think I'm moving up to the three minute rounds again soon.

I kind of wanted to lift again, but I'm still sore, head to toe, from the deadlifting PR yesterday. Still on cloud nine because of it, too.

Here goes nothing: Smolov time.

First one is tonight. According to my plan I got at stronglifts.com, it begins the two-week introductory microcycle. It'll be up soon.

Good luck with the Smolov.

I am going to stick w/5x5 becuase I can't lift anything close to 1.5 my BW and I think I will make decent gains w/5x5.

Good luck with the Smolov.

I am going to stick w/5x5 becuase I can't lift anything close to 1.5 my BW and I think I will make decent gains w/5x5.

You really can't go wrong with the 5x5. I used it (well a bastardized version) to get up to 345. I was thinking of using it up to 405 (or as close as possible), but our captain advised going to Smolov with what I'm already at. I agree with him, I'm about to do it as soon as I can get my brother moving here. Good luck with the 5x5, you'll kill it.

Just finished the first day of Smolov. According to my calculations, it's now one day down, forty-one to go.

Smolov Back Squat Cycle
8 x 225
8 x 225
8 x 225
5 x 240
2 x 260
2 x 260
1 x 275​

The squatting felt pretty good. I felt pretty solid throughout, and I think I kept pretty decent form. Tomorrow is the same workout on not much rest. I have the day off of work, so I'll get decent sleep, but it'll be interesting. I might play some rugby at night too (first time in years), but we'll see. Smolov comes first.

Bench Press
8 x 135
5 x 185
5 x 185
8 x 185​

I couldn't believe I made it through eight reps on the last set. I don't know where the motivation came from, but I just kept motoring through. Benching has always kind of been secondary to me, but I'd like to up it after my Smolov cycle. I'll continue to bench once or twice a week, but it's totally on the back burner right now. The Minions don't need my bench.

Curls
10 x 50
10 x 50
10 x 50​

Eh. Who cares, I was bored and afraid to do anything with lower body.

Bas Rutten Tapes
4 x 2 minute Boxing rounds​

I'm sticking with the two minutes again. I really need to man up and take the three minute challenge.

Smolov continues tomorrow.

Day two of Smolov. Was it 40 left?

Smolov Back Squat Cycle
8 x 225
8 x 225
8 x 225
5 x 240
2 x 260
2 x 260
1 x 275​

I'm dying from this and it's only day two. It hurts so fucking good. I'm amped up to finish it off. I started up creatine again; it's been a few months since I've used it. It's nothing major to me, I just figured if I'm doing Smolov I could use the help. Tomorrow's workout is going to kill me.

Smolov Day Three. Thank Christ no more back to backs!

Smolov Back Squat Cycle
5 x 240
5 x 240
5 x 240
5 x 240
3 x 260
2 x 275
2 x 275
1 x 310​

Thighs...need...relief...

So I'm an idiot, and I decided to do a Smolov Jr. for benching over the next three weeks, before the Squatting absolutely kills me. There shouldn't be an overlap of terrible proportions.

Smolov Jr. Bench Cycle
6 x 155
6 x 155
6 x 155
6 x 155
6 x 155
6 x 155​

This was a pretty nice bench session. It wasn't terribly difficult but I can feel the pull in my arms a bit. I was going to bench anyway during my Smolov Squats, so why not add some structure.

Smolov Cycle Lunges
8​

The next couple of days in the microcycle focus on lunges for stretching. I'd never done them before, but I like them. It's a decent stretch, and I feel just the tiniest little burn in my legs. I guess that's what people mean by active recovery.

Bas Rutten Tapes
3 x 3 Minute Rounds Boxing​

So I manned up and did some three minute rounds. Jesus Christ, it's a lot more difficult than the two minute rounds. I couldn't throw very well at all about a minute into the second round. I'll keep it up and try to work into it.

More lunging tomorrow.

Continued on with the Smolov Jr. Benching.

Smolov Jr. Bench Cycle
5 x 165
5 x 165
5 x 165
5 x 165
5 x 165
5 x 165
5 x 165​

Nothing too terrible here. I'm feeling fairly sore from it, but nothing like the squatting.

Smolov Back Squat Cycle (Lunges)
8​

I'm tired of these lunges. I guess I should note I did 3 x 8 Bulgarian lunges yesterday. I want to squat again, even though I'll regret that sentiment later in the cycle I'm sure. I miss it, strangely. The next week is a light week, getting ready for the Mesocycle. I just want to do the Mesocycle already, to get it over with. I'm crazy.

Easier one today. Feels good to be back on the horse.

Smolov Back Squat Cycle
2 x 295
2 x 295​

I'm guessing that this week is easy to lead up into the utter hell of next week. Just a hunch. Call me crazy but I can't fucking wait.

Smolov Jr. Bench Cycle
4 x 175
4 x 175
4 x 175
4 x 175
4 x 175
4 x 175
4 x 175
4 x 175​

The benching is paying dividends so far. I'm feeling stronger as the weight rises up, but I get the good soreness afterwards. I think this little circuit will add some decent poundage to my totals.

The Gods have spoken and told me to switch to the Thai Boxing tapes. I think I died and a ghost types this:

Bas Rutten Tapes
3 x 2 minute Thai Boxing tapes​

Only 3 rounds, and I'm spent. I'm weezing for Christ's sake. I'm going to keep up with the Thai tapes instead of the Boxing. I'm no where near the level of the All Round tapes yet, not by a long shot. I'm going to go die now in the shower. RIP endlessscott, Minions, win it for my memory...

Fatigue set in. I'm tired.

Smolov Back Squat Cycle
3 x 295​

My form was god awful. I think it's due to not squatting much right now, not until next week. Then the form will be blazing back.

Smolov Jr. Bench Cycle
3 x 185
3 x 185
3 x 185
3 x 185
3 x 185
3 x 185
3 x 185
3 x 185
3 x 185
3 x 185​

The benching was decent. The load was pretty heavy for me, but I made it through to the end.

I'm so tired and I want to eat. God damned Barbeque taking forever.

I missed deadlifting so much.

Deadlift
1 x 225
1 x 315
1 x 385
1 x 405 (PR) (Goal Hit!)
1 x 415 (New PR!!!)

I'm a happy bastard! I know this isn't the most productive thing to do when the big part of Smolov is coming up, but I missed it, and I wanted to hit 405 really bad, especially with the 800 lbs. contest going on right now.

I'll get the video up as soon as youtube finishes uploading.

Back