Enderal- New Skyrim Mod

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by Cheese, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Cheese

Cheese Banned Banned

This shit is gonna make me get back into Skyrim again.

Over 100+ hrs already and they claim this mod has 30+ hrs for its own storyline.

http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu...yrim_total_conversion_mod_has_been_released/1

link to Mod. Its looks Free
    http://enderal.com/

Zer likes this.
  2. DeathOrgy

DeathOrgy Brown Belt

I played their previous Oblivion mod, Nehrim, which was pretty much the same deal in terms of converting the whole game into a new one with its own lore and story.

The only negatives I encountered were a few engine-related bugs/technical issues causing slowdown that required some tinkering with settings, and the fact that the whole script was developed in German first then translated piecemeal by volunteers (I believe) into English later, so a few ideas and wording in dialogue seemed off at times. Still shit all over Oblivion's story for the most part. And I bet with all that experience under their belts they were able to do an even better job this time around.

As for what you might see in this mod, since this is apparently a sequel...
    Nehrim had an obviously German-influenced, dark mythos involving mortals who are born with the powers of 'light' within them, becoming like gods who rule over the world below them. You wind up getting caught in a struggle to overthrow them, but there are quite a few twists and turns along the way, including the messiah-like figurehead of the rebel faction you're following turning out to be the child of one of the gods. Also, there were other worlds/realities, space dwarves (yes, intergalactic dwarven travelers), prophecies involving people becoming grim reaper sort of deities whose sole purpose is to eliminate the other gods so a cycle starts anew, and fate was personified (at least I think it was fate), so...expect some trippy cosmic shit at times.

Cheese and Zer like this.
  3. Madmick

Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Holy biscuits, is the mod community working harder than the dev community in PC's these days?

Fucking phones.