Endeavor Video-Streaming Group Signs WWE

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/endeavor-streaming-wwe-customer-disney-1203107071/

The newly formed Endeavor Streaming products and services division has announced wrestling-entertainment mainstay WWE as a marquee client.

Previously, WWE had relied on BAMTech, now called Disney Streaming Services, to deliver its over-the-top WWE Network subscription service since its launch in early 2014. WWE’s agreement with Disney Streaming Services expired at the end of 2018 and WWE opted to not renew that deal.

“Endeavor Streaming’s best-in-class technology enables us to offer more features, elevate the user experience and provides us even more opportunity to delight our fans around the world,” WWE chairman/CEO Vince McMahon said in a statement.

WWE also Monday announced a partnership with Massive Interactive, a user-interface design firm recently acquired by Deltatre, which together with the Endeavor Streaming pact is “part of our evolving strategy to own more of the WWE Network technology stack,” WWE said in a statement.

The Endeavor Streaming group combines the talent agency and media company’s internally developed video platform technology with NeuLion, a technology product and service provider specializing in digital video broadcasting, distribution and monetization. Endeavor acquired NeuLion for $250 million in March 2018. With the formation of Endeavor Streaming, the NeuLion brand name will be discontinued.

-

I found this part funny:
NeuLion’s streaming track record has been far from spotless. For example, in August 2017, during the UFC’s Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor boxing match, the NeuLion-provided live stream failed for customers of UFC’s Fight Pass. (UFC said it issued refunds for the pay-per-view event on a case-by-case basis.)

Last edited:
217jw0.gif

A better promoter than Vince I haven't seen yet

WWE ratings are way down & house shows are starting to lose money.

His best days are behind him.
He is sadly too old to be in charge of creative & most of the business decisions/moves that are making WWE bank are due to people he hired like Michele Wilson & George Barrios

I like the Netflix format. Just hire whoever knows about that. I have sling but it disconnects too much.

He is sadly too old to be in charge of creative & most of the business decisions/moves that are making WWE bank are due to people he hired like Michele Wilson & George Barrios

Hmmm. Maybe his heart isn't fully in it anymore. Maybe he's moved on to football.

But Dana wishes he was 1/4 the promoter of Vince in his prime!

yVFTBrM.gif

I like the Netflix format. Just hire whoever knows about that. I have sling but it disconnects too much.
Netflix is actually 100% built on amazon web services. I’m sure some caching and other logistics are outside of AWS but unless it changed recently Netflix is dependent on Amazon to operate.

And that beaver tooth cock sucker piece of shit asshole of a cunt Kevin dunn.. uh sorry Frankie my son, got carried with my inner Jim Cornette.

That happens when Vince gets out of touch with the audience plus he's more interested in the XFL to make some kind of interest in booking WWE which is shit right now. I wonder if HHH can do better thing since they got a lot fo talent but they can't do shit to make them look good. Too many storylines with no wrestling. At least AEW is bringing something interesting.

It's the nature of the wrestling business in general. The entire business is in decline. And don't throw out one or two successful Indy shows. Nothing compared to what they made during the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 00s. There are too many options now let alone real fighting is more popular. Future of UFC will be like later 90s wwf but with real fights. Shit we may be there already. That bus dolly incident screamed gimmick

But didn't it really all start with Vince Russo? Or is that just my nekkid bias? ;)

Netflix is actually 100% built on amazon web services. I’m sure some caching and other logistics are outside of AWS but unless it changed recently Netflix is dependent on Amazon to operate.

This is actually apocryphal.

Netflix video content is delivered by their own CDN "OpenConnect" which installs its own appliances (cache boxes) at the ISP level. That is where video is being streamed from.

To be clear, none of the video streaming portion is on AWS. What you have on AWS is auth, meta data, algorithms and a ton of micro-services that are called by the UI. Then some absurd amount of custom tooling they built to manage it all, test it, spin it up/down, reporting etc, you get the idea.

The best streaming engineers on planet earth work for Netflix.

NeuLion (now WME) has second class tech, everyone knows it. Probably better described as third class.

BAMTech is far superior. Originally created by MLB, it was a pioneer in the industry and had some really bright people at pivotal moments. Most people may be familiar with them being the back end of HBO Go / Now.

Last edited:
And that beaver tooth cock sucker piece of shit asshole of a cunt Kevin dunn.. uh sorry Frankie my son, got carried with my inner Jim Cornette.

That happens when Vince gets out of touch with the audience plus he's more interested in the XFL to make some kind of interest in booking WWE which is shit right now. I wonder if HHH can do better thing since they got a lot fo talent but they can't do shit to make them look good. Too many storylines with no wrestling. At least AEW is bringing something interesting.

I just re-read the Cornette line lol

Back