End of Bellator?

khonnell

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Chandler losing to Brooks and Shlemenko losing to a washed up UFC fighter can't be good for Bellator's credibility. Could this be the beginning of the end?

they still aren't losing money, Still some very interesting Matches. Lets wait till the PPV buys come out. They're learning in this game. Let them build.

Tito is a bigger draw than Shlemenko and their LW division just got some new top tier blood. The Chandler v. Alvarez v Brooks dynamic only helps the division.

I think they come out ahead.

They have a big and powerful financial backer. Bellator will go out of business if Viacom decides they don't want MMA on Spike. I wouldn't be shocked if it were their last PPV though. This has nothing to do with the results of the fights...

the brooks fight was close and now hes another new star for bellator. rampage won so thats still good. tito winning was great for bellator plus alex is still champ so he can blame it on size difference. that was a really decent card. ive always been a fan of bellator. theyll be straight for now

They get a new star in Brooks and Tito had like 30 pounds on him. They're fine.

You have to remember in the case of Brooks v Chandler... Brooks just became a name. Plus, a lot of people thought Chandler got robbed so he really didn't take much of a hit.

I really like Emmanuel Newton and Mikhail Zayats but I had no idea who they were before the Bellator tournaments... this is how stars are made.

When Chandler beat Eddie Alvarez I thought, "Who the F is Michael Chandler." Now we all know him and love him...

No matter what the numbers end up being, that was an awesome PPV. Super entertaining card and if you didn't enjoy it, please don't call yourself an MMA fan.

Shlemenko losing to a washed up UFC fighter can't be good for Bellator's credibility

You do know that Tito is popular as fuck, right? He's way more known than Alexander will ever be.

Chandler was widely regarded as a top ten LW before this fight. Losing to Brooks disputes that idea and is clearly bad for Bellator.

Chandler was widely regarded as a top ten LW before this fight. Losing to Brooks disputes that idea and is clearly bad for Bellator.

Meh. The people who care about whether Chandler is a top 10 are probably watching Bellator anyway. Bellator will probably claim that they have 3 top 10 LWs and none of this will affect Bellator's ratings one way or another.

How do we know Brooks isn't a top 10 LW himself? What if he goes on a JJ or GSP-esque run?

going into rampage/mo, i was saying that IF MO WON

imagine trying to sell newton/mo 3

No.

Only one promotion ever died because a fighter lost.

Only serious MMA fans watch Bellator and serious MMA fans know that those results don't mean shit.

It won't be the end of bellator. I do hope it will be the end of that one delusional poster. We all know the one that posts his top 5s where 1-4 are bellator fighters.

Chandler earned a top 10 ranking. It wasn't an "idea".

Also, i'm surprised MMA fans have not grown out of the whole "the guy with status lost, so he lost his status..the guy who beat him does not gain shit"

You do know that Tito is popular as fuck, right? He's way more known than Alexander will ever be.

Tito was popular, that was what, 7 years ago? As of now Tito's PPV Buy potential is damn near 0, no one is buying a PPV to see him, 2-7-1 doesn't get the blood of fans going, if Tito gets PPV buys it's because people would love to see him knocked silly, not to see him win.

What is hurt may not be Bellator's potential to get viewers, they'll get the same amount on their Free TV where the money is for them.

They will be screwed though from making that jump to rival the UFC. To challenge the best you need big talent of your own, thats why it's hard to see WSOF challenging the UFC, a majority of their big talent and guys they give the spot light to are UFC cast offs, as oppose to guys they can claim like Moreas and Gaethje. Bellator had that ability to showcase home grown guys, or at least guys they introduced the US to, but when one of those guys is beat by a guy who was dropped from the UFC after one of the worst single contract record I can think of. Alvarez vs Chandler III or Shlemenko may not sell 600K PPVs today, but Rampage and Tito have little time left in the sport, what happens to Bellator's attempt to jump to the next level then?

Tito is a bigger draw than Shlemenko and their LW division just got some new top tier blood. The Chandler v. Alvarez v Brooks dynamic only helps the division.

I think they come out ahead.

Tito is big for another fight, maybe two, IF he stays healthy. Definitely not a plus that he won. Storm was their only viable claim to a top 10 fighter above 155 lbs. Brooks winning kills Chandler v Alvarez III, because Eddie is out after his next fight, almost a certainty.

Back