Encounter with a (Possible) Pathological Liar

I knew a guy like this once, I cut him out of my life. Will post story later.

I knew a guy who was sort of like this. He told me everything from him inventing the skateboard, to a stranger handing him the keys to a ferrari with 10 kilos of coke in it as well as an absurd story about Chuck Norris backing down from him in a street fight.

I knew a guy who was sort of like this. He told me everything from him inventing the skateboard, to a stranger handing him the keys to a ferrari with 10 kilos of coke in it as well as an absurd story about Chuck Norris backing down from him in a street fight.

Legit lol'd at the last one

Goddamn it TS, I only wanted her number.

Just let me bang, bro.

This guy may just be a compulsive liar. Pathological liars are a bit different in that they are generally more subtle, often trying to plant the seed for you to draw the conclusion they're hoping for. Compulsive liars are the ones who just spew out ridiculous stories all the time to make themselves part of a conversation they otherwise would not be able to participate in. My boss is definitely a compulsive liar. If I'm talking about the time I dislocated my shoulder, she jumps in with her own story about dislocating her shoulder. Talking about JFK's assassination? She remembers it happening, even though she was only two years old. Stuff like that.

I was one when i was a little kid. I remember i told most of the kids in my class that i was going on a voyage to the Congo..for the weekend. I came back with two little band aids on my neck saying i got scratched by a gorilla. My dad used to own the Reds as well. Don't know why it was the Reds but it was the Reds.

Jr high was the end of my pathological lying days. In 8th grade(about a year before i became a real stoner) i used to lie about smoking weed. Pretty much, i would tell the kids who actually did smoke pot at that time that i had access to pounds of all these different strains. I knew growers, dealers, and all that. You know...MAUI WOWIE, Acapulco Gold, and whatever other strains were mentioned in Half baked and Cheech and Chong movies. I was at a small charter school at the time, so it was basically just 30 kids or so. One day, i had everybody crowding around me while i told these tall tales about selling weed and how i would hook everybody up. Everybody was making orders, and i said i would bring a bunch the next day. I figured i could just say i got pinched. Anyway, the next day my mom drives me to school and literally everybody is sitting on the curb waiting for me. My mom was concerned and asked if i was in trouble. It was like in Apocalypse Now when they get to the end of the river and all those people are just standing there. Half of them looked excited and believed, the other half already looked skeptical and angry like they knew i was full of shit and were just waiting for the next day to call me on it. The big guy on campus asked me "well, did you bring it?" and i said "dude, i'm not going to bring all that weed in my moms car...get real". Well, a few guys decided to tell me off infront of everybody about how full of shit i was and i became the biggest loser in a charter school, which if you're familair with the purposes of charter schools...puts me in the running for biggest loser in town. I was so humiliated. My bullshitting days were over.

Socializing became harder after a vowed not to Costanza myself any more but atleast nobody calls me a liar anymore. Whatever high you get from the attention you get from lies is not worth the come down of imagination crashing head on with the facts.

I have never heard of anyone actually admitting to this behavior. Are you sure this isn't the lie and you were actually an honest kid?

I find compulsive liars very entertaining personally. I like to goad them into greater embellishments.

My wife's cousin's girlfriend is like that. She claims to have gotten pregnant when she was a virgin, claims to have been an undercover cop but got suspended for beating too many people up, and so on.

She lives in Brazil and I haven't met her yet but I can't wait to meet her. "You got kicked off the police force for getting in too many fights? Tell me more! Did you ever knock someone unconscious??"

Compulsive liars can't help themselves and will just tell bigger and bigger lies if you lead them on right.

I have never heard of anyone actually admitting to this behavior. Are you sure this isn't the lie and you were actually an honest kid?

lol, that would be interesting. A liar making up stories about the time he was a liar. It's a true story. They all are. I view it as a moment of reform and considering i was a dumb kid i feel OK telling people about it...i just think it's funny now. If this shit happened when i was 20 years old i wouldn't bring it up.

When I first arrived here, the 'other teacher' who was about to start was the most horrific man Ive ever had to spend time with - a compulsive liar, and the most obnoxious, shit-stirring piece of shit I've ever met.

His web of lies was so easy to see through. He got fired about 1 week befoe he was due to actualy begin teaching. He was basically 'stealing' money from the school (they were giving him free money to survive as he claimed to have none, but they did want receipts of the bigger things he was spending on like accommodation etc). He never provided them, turned out he was claiming to be staying in a

When I first arrived here, the 'other teacher' who was about to start was the most horrific man Ive ever had to spend time with - a compulsive liar, and the most obnoxious, shit-stirring piece of shit I've ever met.

His web of lies was so easy to see through. He got fired about 1 week befoe he was due to actualy begin teaching. He was basically 'stealing' money from the school (they were giving him free money to survive as he claimed to have none, but they did want receipts of the bigger things he was spending on like accommodation etc). He never provided them, turned out he was claiming to be staying in a

But he did get hired and received the donations so it did somewhat work

Not really. The 'hiring' in his case, was a sham. I was replacing one teacher; the second was planning on staying another year, then decided just before his contract expired, that he was going home. (The teacher I replaced made it common knowledge 3months prior to leaving, so I was offered the job maybe 1month before flying to China). So they literally hired the first dude they Skype-interviewed who a) was already in the province (sacked from a previous job, he didn't tell them that, he told me though) and b) had teaching experience (he had none, apart from a 2month stint with the previous job from which he was sacked). He forged documents to email them, and upon proper inspection, it fell apart - sadly for the school, he was already there accepting handouts by the time they got to inspect them in person.

Also, I never added him on Facebook as I didn't want him sniffing around my personal life. However, his Facebook was wide-open so being so curious about his whereabouts, I check up on him every few weeks. Since being fired from this job, he did 3 two-week stints in other Chinese cities (clearly got fired each time for being socially inept - he actually stated on his timeline for two of these jobs, that he was released for talking about Chinese politics when asked not to - he's a 'goader', he likes to try to get a rise out of people, I saw this numerous times in person.

He actually contacted me 2wks or so ago, saying he was working as a teacher in Hong Kong but had a summer camp in Hangzhou and wanted to meet up. I ignored his emails. He left Hangzhou 3 days into his summer camp, emailed me saying 'turns out I won't be here any longer, so goodbye'.

Finally, he mentioned when I was around him, that his uncle lived in Shanghai but would only allow him to visit to scab some money to survive, and didn't want him staying there as 'he thinks I'm a bad influence on his kids'.

I genuinely think the guy had a criminal record which is why he couldn't return to the UK, he seemed to be running from something, that was my gut feeling anyway. Whose family wouldn't allow them shelter unless they'd done something bad?!

This guy may just be a compulsive liar. Pathological liars are a bit different in that they are generally more subtle, often trying to plant the seed for you to draw the conclusion they're hoping for. Compulsive liars are the ones who just spew out ridiculous stories all the time to make themselves part of a conversation they otherwise would not be able to participate in. My boss is definitely a compulsive liar. If I'm talking about the time I dislocated my shoulder, she jumps in with her own story about dislocating her shoulder. Talking about JFK's assassination? She remembers it happening, even though she was only two years old. Stuff like that.

I think the reason it struck me as odd is because there was nothing to gain from lying. It's not like we were in a room of NFL players and he wanted to fit in. He just came to drop off a receipt and the small talk progressed to his "life story". I feel bad for the guy, probably has some deeper issues.

I think the reason it struck me as odd is because there was nothing to gain from lying. It's not like we were in a room of NFL players and he wanted to fit in. He just came to drop off a receipt and the small talk progressed to his "life story". I feel bad for the guy, probably has some deeper issues.

He had some cougar pussy to gain.

I know a pathological liar. He would rather climb the world's tallest tree and tell you a lie than stand on the ground and tell you the truth. He just makes up the stupidest stuff to try to impress people and as a result has alienated just about every long time friend he's ever had. He recently posted this picture on Facebook...

ee9316bdb3925f5bc644931636f3788a.jpg

...with a long drawn out story about how it had given someone he doesn't like some "attention" and that the sheriff's department and animal control were harassing him about it. He stopped short of saying it was his dog, but was clearly inferring that it is. He referred to the dog as "my best friend Axle". When someone called him out as not owning the dog, he just replied that he never said it was his dog and that it belongs to a friend. I avoid him at all costs because I just don't want to hear his BS. I was pumping gas in my truck one day a few months ago and he pulled up on the other side of my truck from me to go in the store and I hid behind the cab of my truck to keep him from seeing me.

Back