Encounter with a (Possible) Pathological Liar

What you're supposed to do in these situations is:

1. act excited to get them to tell more and more details, and make up more and bigger stories, like you're eating it up

2. be like "me too!" and say you did all those same things, possibly that your name is also the same-- don't break character (very important)

3. wait for (and savor) his response

4. while he's dealing with that, one up his story achievements so that yours are only slightly more impressive

5. accept your royal crown

6. tell mutual friends and acquaintances of these noble exchanges (and post them on here for us to enjoy)

lol You ever thought of just minding your own business instead of eavesdropping and google searching every person you think is a liar?

The dude was clearly embellishing his story to get some cougar poon you imbecile. Instead he has this derpy cockblock employee trying to start coversations about MMA with him.

Sounds like a very poor one. The best tell simple lied they can get away with

you sound like a good friend. his life was obv falling over a cliff so you dump him over literal chump change.

you had np with him constantly lying but taking quarters out of your car for oxy $ is where you draw the line??

who said i didnt have a problem with him lying you fool? i obviously had a problem with it, and ive called him on it many many times. I got sick and tired of his bs, the stealing my change was the final straw.

thought ts had been speaking o my ex-wife.

My old friend was a pathological liar, and master manipulator, but i could see through it because i knew him so well. But ive personally wirnessed him make up lies on the spot many times, and he would make up lies in situations where it was completely unnecessary.

He ended up becoming addicted to oxys and i cut ties when i caught him stealing change from my car.

Not sure if it was you, but were you the poster that mentioned that the pathological liar friend lied about riding a dolphin when he was a kid or something?

thought ts had been speaking o my ex-wife.

lol. i feel your pain.

mine did me a solid a few years back and deposed for a legal discovery proceeding. i was proud of her, she got all the way to the second question before she started lying. of course, the first question was "could you please state your full name?".

Not sure if it was you, but were you the poster that mentioned that the pathological liar friend lied about riding a dolphin when he was a kid or something?

Lol!!

Well Dolphins are known for rape so he might just be telling the truth.

I don't believe anything my half-brother says without credible corroboration. I don't understand it at all.

People like that blow my mind. Like how embarrassed are you when people catch you in outrageous lies on the reg?

People like that blow my mind. Like how embarrassed are you when people catch you in outrageous lies on the reg?

They just make up more lies and blame it on someone else. My boss is a compulsive liar. I deal with it every day.

just weeded one of them out of my life, but he was much more subtle. dudes kid goes to school with mine and they are friends that want to do sleepovers. so we meet the parents and they seem like a pretty cool younger couple and we try to get to know them better if our kids are gonna be tight. we get the whole, "we are a no bs family blah blah ..." presentation and we think, fair enough, we'll give it a shot. couldnt be further from the truth. the father spent the next 5 months doing everything he could to try to get me to like him (promising work/jobs, offering to do all sorts of home improvement projects for us for "free" because we're "friends", offering to take our kids camping and to the movies etc., and on and on..) but NEVER followed through with ANY of it. always had an excuse at the last minute why he suddenly couldnt show up. and his "reasons" were REAL doozies (youd laugh if i actually posted them but id have to practically write a novel to list them all in their detail). all the while trying to tell me how hard it is to find true friends like us at our age (although we're 10-15 years older than them) and that his word is his bond. rather than call him on it and create possible drama, we chose to just start distancing ourselves from him (aside from the kids being school friends) and putting our priorities over making time to meet up with him any further. which resulted in him freaking out on me through texts telling me "oh i see you were only my friend because you though there was something in it for you, so piss off" when in reality, i really liked the guy, i just cant be friends with liars. he didnt get it.

I knew one kid back in highschool that was a pathological liar. Coincidentally he also claimed to be an MMA fighter, with over 100 amateur wins and like 1 loss or something. He was a pretty big kid so I just said alright. Later that year he got in a fight with a kid at school and within 10 seconds he got punched in the face, freaked out, and sprinted away. He tripped and ate shit on the sidewalk while running away lol. He didn't really speak much in school after that, kinda sad

I've met a few of these, i try and avoid them. They usually blow up at you or its just really sad and awkward when you confront them.

I was one when i was a little kid. I remember i told most of the kids in my class that i was going on a voyage to the Congo..for the weekend. I came back with two little band aids on my neck saying i got scratched by a gorilla. My dad used to own the Reds as well. Don't know why it was the Reds but it was the Reds.

Jr high was the end of my pathological lying days. In 8th grade(about a year before i became a real stoner) i used to lie about smoking weed. Pretty much, i would tell the kids who actually did smoke pot at that time that i had access to pounds of all these different strains. I knew growers, dealers, and all that. You know...MAUI WOWIE, Acapulco Gold, and whatever other strains were mentioned in Half baked and Cheech and Chong movies. I was at a small charter school at the time, so it was basically just 30 kids or so. One day, i had everybody crowding around me while i told these tall tales about selling weed and how i would hook everybody up. Everybody was making orders, and i said i would bring a bunch the next day. I figured i could just say i got pinched. Anyway, the next day my mom drives me to school and literally everybody is sitting on the curb waiting for me. My mom was concerned and asked if i was in trouble. It was like in Apocalypse Now when they get to the end of the river and all those people are just standing there. Half of them looked excited and believed, the other half already looked skeptical and angry like they knew i was full of shit and were just waiting for the next day to call me on it. The big guy on campus asked me "well, did you bring it?" and i said "dude, i'm not going to bring all that weed in my moms car...get real". Well, a few guys decided to tell me off infront of everybody about how full of shit i was and i became the biggest loser in a charter school, which if you're familair with the purposes of charter schools...puts me in the running for biggest loser in town. I was so humiliated. My bullshitting days were over.

Socializing became harder after a vowed not to Costanza myself any more but atleast nobody calls me a liar anymore. Whatever high you get from the attention you get from lies is not worth the come down of imagination crashing head on with the facts.

Last edited:
Have known many over the years. Some of the best tales were;

Coworker shot a dog that was threatening his wife and child and dumped it on his neighbors porch. Turned out he didn't even own a gun.

Bird chested kid I grew up with claimed his uncle caused the affliction with a punch. Made fun of him for years about it until I told him I didn't want to hang out anymore years ago.

Guy claimed his "race car" which was a 1974 pos Monte Carlo ran mid 12 second quarter miles. Actually ran mid 15's after adding a trans brake, slicks, and bigger stall.

Thief at work claimed he used batteries and brake rotors to weigh down his trot lines because he knew I fished and thought I'd give them to him. Fired him for stealing battery cores a couple weeks later. He was a metal scrapper in his down time.

Back