Crime Empire star attacked . Claims racial and homophobic slurs were yelled at him

Do you think Empire star Jussie Smollett is a victim of a hate crime, or is it a false flag?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's horseshit. WaPo, NYT and anyone with an internet connection had the resources to investigate the Covington faceoff before publishing inaccurate articles with a racial slant.

They chose to jump the gun because they have thrown their standards out the window in the name of clicks and ad revenue.

It's amazing (and very telling) that you'd even have to explain to someone now a days that journalists are supposed to wait and actually investigate/research shit before posting it.

There you go with the myopically dogmatic stuff again. The only salient point here is that they jumped all over the let's out these evil racist white kids wagon without vetting anything , because it juicily fit a certain narrative......and THAT is irresponsible , that's it.

Of course they backed off when widely cirulated and easily obtained video evidence made it clear what actually happened , hardly a credit to them. What else are they supposed to do in that case ?

Let's not forget the numerous op-eds after the full story came to light claiming that the boys were still in the wrong because they were wearing MAGA hats and chanting with the tomahawk chop.

Hahaha that’s a great way of putting it.
The demand for racist white men definitely far exceeds the supply.

Perhaps more than that at one point.
There were far worse racist lynchings.

Today that sort racism is extremely rare and can not meet demand.

th

BEST DRAMA: Is 'EMPIRE' Star's Story Falling Apart?

Phone Records 'Do Not Meet Burden For Criminal Investigation'...

Hate Crime Hoax?

He tried to submit to them a redacted PDF...

He tried to submit to them a redacted PDF...

And the manager refuses access to his phone to show he was speaking with him at the time of the attack. So, they are not cooperating with police investigating their hoax. Shocker, right?

Why not just get the records from the carrier(s) at this point? Then we'll know if that part is true or not (they were on the phone, manager heard the MAGA shouts and racial taunts). That's the normal way it would proceed, I'd think.

If the police were not afraid to pursue this due to politics. We shall see, I guess.

He should go to jail for as long as the random people he was trying to fuck over would have. Let's see the "metoo" crowd bury this piece of shit.

Btw, is this guy's name pronounced "Juicy" or what?

Because, to be fair, get a few beers in me and introduce yourself as Juicy and I might hit you.

The NYT had to backtrack, and NPR is always a day or two behind the headlines.

I hope you have better examples than this, because these are two very poor examples.

Also, on another note:

Oh Golly gee, an entire two media sources actually reported the truth when they were forced to?

Let's not pretend that two sources eventually telling the truth exonerates
the media as a whole.

I don't know what your motivation is in regards to it, or if you're even consciously aware of it, but you're currently engaged in a form of media apologetics.

But even the Times half assed the retraction. They never went after Phillips for his deceit

Btw, is this guy's name pronounced "Juicy" or what?

Because, to be fair, get a few beers in me and introduce yourself as Juicy and I might hit you.
It will definitely be "Juicy" once he meets his new roommates- Bubba, CJ and Leroy.

So... he hired a crisis management PR firm.

They're putting together an excuse as to why he made up all this bullshit as we speak.

What excuses do you guys think this company will come up with for Jussie?

Racism
Trump
Evil whitey
Oppression

They're putting together an excuse as to why he made up all this bullshit as we speak.

Mental illness. Homosexuals are more prone to depression than any other group. Black homosexuals even more so. Lies don't matter. Feel sorry for him, and sympathize with his "struggle".

My guess is he’ll take the “mental illness” route and then grandstand saying “If white men can use it as an excuse, so can I.”

It is very pertinent to bring up Trump since he is the president. He weighed in on that Covington controversy.

You can criticize the media but give credit where credit is due, atleast the media acknowledged the new facts and changed their tune. Trump never acknowledged his mistakes. So the so called liberal media is way way better than Trump.

Everyone , specifically on the right, is wailing about how the liberal media smeared the kids, but they are noticeably silent on Trump's public attacks on those 4 guys accused of rape. Guys who were vindicated and received a settlement from the city. The right is also silent on the Birther theory Trump peddled, and obvious falsehood. So why isn't the rightwing soo dam concerned about spreading lies, or is it that they only give a shit when it is the 'liberal' media going after perceived rightwingers.

Trump is mostly a turd, but that crap with getting your fans/base riled up when the information is scant, happens on both sides. But i would say that the right engages in taking a poorly researched point, and then building a fearful narrative based upon that less than perfect information.

The left attempts to mohlize and the they tweet incomplete or incorrect information, and by getting these tweets or Facebook posts with the intent of controlling the narrative by getting their side out first. Shaun King is notorious for this. He posts incorrect information about police shootings but never corrects his assertions when proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back