Crime Empire star attacked . Claims racial and homophobic slurs were yelled at him

Do you think Empire star Jussie Smollett is a victim of a hate crime, or is it a false flag?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. You're better than this. But but Trump followed by a strawman? This is a shit post.

That is the only kind of post I have ever seen him make. strawmans, whatabouts, deflects, dismissals.

Anyone that tries to make up an excuse for someone making a false claim of an attack is about as low brow as the person making the false claim.

That is the only kind of post I have ever seen him make. strawmans, whatabouts, deflects, dismissals.

Anyone that tries to make up an excuse for someone making a false claim of an attack is about as low brow as the person making the false claim.

Yup. All it does is hurt true victims because when it really happens, people will be skeptical.

I'm not so sure the media acknowledges their mistakes - I saw plenty of op-ed that said the boys wearing MAGA hats was the issue after the facts came out.

I also dont remember MSNBC ever acknowledging or apologizing for stoking racial strife with cropped photos or CBs for doing the same with altered 911 calls.. maybe I just missed those.

Journalists and media companies LOVE putting the screws to everyone and holding everyone accountable, but when someone tries to hold THEM accountable, it's an "attack on Democracy" lol

There hasn't been updates in several days now. That says enough itself. If they had any evidence of the attack or attackers they would release it. They released those photos of the homeless guys under pressure from the city government. So either they have evidence that Smollett lied and are not giving updates due to deciding how exactly to deal with that or they have learned absolutely nothing new and there's nothing they are going to find at this point.

If this legit went down anything like he claims, they would have known within 48 hours of starting the investigation. Especially with 12 detectives working on it.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure the media acknowledges their mistakes - I saw plenty of op-ed that said the boys wearing MAGA hats was the issue after the facts came out.

I also dont remember MSNBC ever acknowledging or apologizing for stoking racial strife with cropped photos or CBs for doing the same with altered 911 calls.. maybe I just missed those.

MSNBC in particular stoked the fires of the riot in Ferguson with their irresponsible coverage after Mike Brown was killed. They literally had Christopher Hayes in the streets doing interviews with self-described witnesses saying Brown was shot in the back while surrendering and accepting this at face value. Then doing glorifying coverage of the BLM/Hands Up, Don't Shoot protest movement based on lies. Of course the autopsy and testimonies under oath from the actual witnesses all directly contradicted this and gave evidence of exactly what Wilson said: Brown attacked Wilson and went for his gun after being stopped due to the robbery he committed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...son-recounts-shooting-michael-brown/19538013/

Last edited:
Maybe that intangible quality they're so desperately looking for is so outlandish that it's no longer as common an occurrence as they'd like? I mean look at what the MSM was trying to sell.

- a bunch of racist teenagers surrounded and threatened a peaceful 1st nations elder.

hiya Bald1,

if i may amend that just a bit, it was mostly social media that was trying to sell this narrative.

your beef is with Twitter, Facebook, and Kathy Griffith - not the New York TImes or NPR.

the "a bunch of racist teenagers surrounded and threatened a peaceful 1st nations elder" narrative barely survived 24 hours of coverage from actual journalists before it was dispensed with.

- IGIT

hiya Bald1,

if i may amend that just a bit, it was mostly social media that was trying to sell this narrative.

your beef is with Twitter, Facebook, and Kathy Griffith - not the New York TImes or NPR.

the "a bunch of racist teenagers surrounded and threatened a peaceful 1st nations elder" narrative barely survived 24 hours of coverage from actual journalists before it was dispensed with.

- IGIT

It was longer than that. It was really only after Phillips was exposed as lying about his military service that they stopped criticizing the kids and some of the apologies came. And even if those kids had been doing what they said, it should never have been an issue in the first place. That's the real problem.

It was longer than that.

hi there KeepItRealist, good to meet you,

not really.

the day after the NYT published its initial account of the story (which focused in part on how the Twittersphere was alight with righteous outrage), the rest of it came out.

by "the rest of it", i mean the part where it was revealed that a small group of black Israelites instigated the confrontation with the boys from Covington Catholic High School.

i can't speak for the entire body of the MSM, but over at the NYT and NPR, the next-day followup reporting took the wind of the sails in Twitterland (Kathy Griffith and Alyssa Milano not withstanding).

absent the actual reporting done by the MSM, this story probably would have sustained itself for months - because even though Twitter is fun, its not really journalism as i know it.

- IGIT

hi there KeepItRealist, good to meet you,

not really.

the day after the NYT published its initial account of the story (which focused in part on how the Twittersphere was alight with righteous outrage), the rest of it came out.

by "the rest of it", i mean the part where it was revealed that a small group of black Israelites instigated the confrontation with the boys from Covington Catholic High School.

i can't speak for the entire body of the MSM, but over at the NYT and NPR, the next-day followup reporting took the wind of the sails in Twitterland (Kathy Griffith and Alyssa Milano not withstanding).

absent the actual reporting done by the MSM, this story probably would have sustained itself for months - because even though Twitter is fun, its not really journalism as i know it.

- IGIT

He was doing sympathetic interviews with Savannah Guthrie and still being promoted by CNN even after his stolen valor was exposed.

hiya Bald1,

- IGIT

You are fake news. The MSM was pushing lies and you know it. NPR? LoL.

OMG, our tax payer media outlet didn't push lies like everyone else! So the media is fine!

You are terrible.

You are fake news. The MSM was pushing lies and you know it.

hi there lifelesssheap!

what MSM? what is this marauding beast that you people label "The MSM"?

are you referring to Fox, the P4P king of televised news?

or maybe its Limbaugh, the ratings champion of talk radio?

or is it the Wall Street Journal, the apex predator of broadsheets?

the "MSM" that was pushing the lies that have you so salty was called Twitter, lol. Twitter and Kathy Griffith. jesus....

the actual media, outlets like the NYT and NPR, punctured the Twittersphere's outrage in short order.

- IGIT

Last edited:
hiya Bald1,

- IGIT

Hidee ho IGIT,
Only 24 hrs huh? What if we go all in on a 24 hour " IGIT's mother is a syphlitic cankerous whore" media blitz? That's not so bad is it ? Taking a ball and running with partial info is irresponsible , and plenty of damage can be done in " only 24 hours "

CHICAGO — Nearly two weeks after “Empire” star Jussie Smollett claimed he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack, cops have yet to identify any suspects — and some people in his tony Chicago neighborhood are growing skeptical.

“I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did,” said Agin Muhammad, who lives in the same swank high-rise near the Navy Pier as Smollett.

“I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here … Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

A patron at Lizzie McNeill’s Irish Pub, about a block from the scene of the alleged Jan. 29 incident, said Smollett’s story “doesn’t really make sense.”

“It’s a lie, because Chicago is the most liberal city around,” said the man, who wouldn’t give his name. “They have cameras everywhere … Why can’t they find the attack?”

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jussie-smolletts-neighbors-cast-doubt-on-his-attack-story/

Where is the rest of the media on this?

Hidee ho IGIT,
Only 24 hrs huh? What if we go all in on a 24 hour " IGIT's mother is a syphlitic cankerous whore" media blitz? That's not so bad is it ? Taking a ball and running with partial info is irresponsible , and plenty of damage can be done in " only 24 hours "

hi Al Gorithm,

yep, only 24 hours.

the NYT is a daily newspaper. so, yes, 24 hours. Mr. Sulzberger did not deign this story important enough to print a special edition.

as for NPR? they suffer a bit because they don't arduously chase click bait stories, and instead waited a day or two to do reporting that was bit more comprehensive.

both sources debunked the idea that this was a "white men are evil and racist!" narrative in short order.

you should leave IGIT's mom out of this, by the way.

- IGIT

Haha. Look at the poll! Where are the guys saying this was real? Where are they?

hi Al Gorithm,

yep, only 24 hours.

the NYT is a daily newspaper. so, yes, 24 hours. Mr. Sulzberger did not deign this story important enough to print a special edition.

as for NPR? they suffer a bit because they don't arduously chase click bait stories, and instead waited a day or two to do reporting that was bit more comprehensive.

both sources debunked the idea that this was a "white men are evil and racist!" narrative in short order.

you should leave IGIT's mom out of this, by the way.

- IGIT

1 post brother , not even a measly little 24 hour news cycle ......whats the big deal ?

What a weird little hill you've chosen to die on here btw , if memory serves you've made about 40 post on this very specific aspect of this topic. That plus your unyielding insistence on being the only person on this sight to construct every single post like you're writing an excerpt for Dear Abbey .......Aspergers ?

if memory serves you've made about 40 post on this very specific aspect of this topic.

hi Al,

i didn't count my posts in that thread, but i made alot of them, that's for sure.

most of them related to the lingering outrage that many you felt in the wake of Kathy Griffith's unrelenting position on the story.

i thought it was kind of funny.

for all the kvetching about the evil MSM, most of you were really just angry about the response on Twitter.

it was the MSM that drained all the momentum out of this incident.

- IGIT

MSNBC in particular stoked the fires of the riot in Ferguson with their irresponsible coverage after Mike Brown was killed. They literally had Christopher Hayes in the streets doing interviews with self-described witnesses saying Brown was shot in the back while surrendering and accepting this at face value. Then doing glorifying coverage of the BLM/Hands Up, Don't Shoot protest movement based on lies. Of course the autopsy and testimonies under oath from the actual witnesses all directly contradicted this and gave evidence of exactly what Wilson said: Brown attacked Wilson and went for his gun after being stopped due to the robbery he committed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...son-recounts-shooting-michael-brown/19538013/

I give them a pass for interviewing "witnesses"; but when they doctored that photo of the AA with the AR-15 to claim white racist were bringing guns to Obama rallies - that was it for me.

Guy-with-Assault-Rifle-1.jpg

comparison.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back