Crime Empire star attacked . Claims racial and homophobic slurs were yelled at him

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MicroBrew, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Do you think Empire star Jussie Smollett is a victim of a hate crime, or is it a false flag?

1. I beleive he was attacked

8.0%
  2. I think he is lying

92.0%
  1. KeepItRealist

KeepItRealist Red Belt

MSNBC in particular stoked the fires of the riot in Ferguson with their irresponsible coverage after Mike Brown was killed. They literally had Christopher Hayes in the streets doing interviews with self-described witnesses saying Brown was shot in the back while surrendering and accepting this at face value. Then doing glorifying coverage of the BLM/Hands Up, Don't Shoot protest movement based on lies. Of course the autopsy and testimonies under oath from the actual witnesses all directly contradicted this and gave evidence of exactly what Wilson said: Brown attacked Wilson and went for his gun after being stopped due to the robbery he committed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...son-recounts-shooting-michael-brown/19538013/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

hiya Bald1,

if i may amend that just a bit, it was mostly social media that was trying to sell this narrative.

your beef is with Twitter, Facebook, and Kathy Griffith - not the New York TImes or NPR.

the "a bunch of racist teenagers surrounded and threatened a peaceful 1st nations elder" narrative barely survived 24 hours of coverage from actual journalists before it was dispensed with.

- IGIT

Wadtucket likes this.
  3. KeepItRealist

KeepItRealist Red Belt

It was longer than that. It was really only after Phillips was exposed as lying about his military service that they stopped criticizing the kids and some of the apologies came. And even if those kids had been doing what they said, it should never have been an issue in the first place. That's the real problem.

Wadtucket likes this.
  4. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

hi there KeepItRealist, good to meet you,

not really.

the day after the NYT published its initial account of the story (which focused in part on how the Twittersphere was alight with righteous outrage), the rest of it came out.

by "the rest of it", i mean the part where it was revealed that a small group of black Israelites instigated the confrontation with the boys from Covington Catholic High School.

i can't speak for the entire body of the MSM, but over at the NYT and NPR, the next-day followup reporting took the wind of the sails in Twitterland (Kathy Griffith and Alyssa Milano not withstanding).

absent the actual reporting done by the MSM, this story probably would have sustained itself for months - because even though Twitter is fun, its not really journalism as i know it.

- IGIT

Wadtucket likes this.
  5. KeepItRealist

KeepItRealist Red Belt

He was doing sympathetic interviews with Savannah Guthrie and still being promoted by CNN even after his stolen valor was exposed.

6. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Silver Belt

You are fake news. The MSM was pushing lies and you know it. NPR? LoL.

OMG, our tax payer media outlet didn't push lies like everyone else! So the media is fine!

You are terrible.

Wadtucket and Contra-dictator like this.
  7. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

hi there lifelesssheap!

what MSM? what is this marauding beast that you people label "The MSM"?

are you referring to Fox, the P4P king of televised news?

or maybe its Limbaugh, the ratings champion of talk radio?

or is it the Wall Street Journal, the apex predator of broadsheets?

the "MSM" that was pushing the lies that have you so salty was called Twitter, lol. Twitter and Kathy Griffith. jesus....

the actual media, outlets like the NYT and NPR, punctured the Twittersphere's outrage in short order.

- IGIT

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Wadtucket likes this.
  8. Al Gorithm

Al Gorithm Red Belt

Hidee ho IGIT,
    Only 24 hrs huh? What if we go all in on a 24 hour " IGIT's mother is a syphlitic cankerous whore" media blitz? That's not so bad is it ? Taking a ball and running with partial info is irresponsible , and plenty of damage can be done in " only 24 hours "

9. JonesBones

JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

CHICAGO — Nearly two weeks after “Empire” star Jussie Smollett claimed he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack, cops have yet to identify any suspects — and some people in his tony Chicago neighborhood are growing skeptical.

“I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did,” said Agin Muhammad, who lives in the same swank high-rise near the Navy Pier as Smollett.

“I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here … Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

A patron at Lizzie McNeill’s Irish Pub, about a block from the scene of the alleged Jan. 29 incident, said Smollett’s story “doesn’t really make sense.”

“It’s a lie, because Chicago is the most liberal city around,” said the man, who wouldn’t give his name. “They have cameras everywhere … Why can’t they find the attack?”

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jussie-smolletts-neighbors-cast-doubt-on-his-attack-story/

Where is the rest of the media on this?

Wadtucket, Zer and Ripskater like this.
  10. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

hi Al Gorithm,

yep, only 24 hours.

the NYT is a daily newspaper. so, yes, 24 hours. Mr. Sulzberger did not deign this story important enough to print a special edition.

as for NPR? they suffer a bit because they don't arduously chase click bait stories, and instead waited a day or two to do reporting that was bit more comprehensive.

both sources debunked the idea that this was a "white men are evil and racist!" narrative in short order.

you should leave IGIT's mom out of this, by the way.

- IGIT

Wadtucket likes this.
  11. JoeyJoeJoeJr

JoeyJoeJoeJr Brown Belt

Haha. Look at the poll! Where are the guys saying this was real? Where are they?

12. Al Gorithm

Al Gorithm Red Belt

1 post brother , not even a measly little 24 hour news cycle ......whats the big deal ?

What a weird little hill you've chosen to die on here btw , if memory serves you've made about 40 post on this very specific aspect of this topic. That plus your unyielding insistence on being the only person on this sight to construct every single post like you're writing an excerpt for Dear Abbey .......Aspergers ?

13. IGIT

IGIT Black Belt

hi Al,

i didn't count my posts in that thread, but i made alot of them, that's for sure.

most of them related to the lingering outrage that many you felt in the wake of Kathy Griffith's unrelenting position on the story.

i thought it was kind of funny.

for all the kvetching about the evil MSM, most of you were really just angry about the response on Twitter.

it was the MSM that drained all the momentum out of this incident.

- IGIT

Wadtucket likes this.
  14. JonesBones

JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

15. clmetal

clmetal Iced Earth

Wadtucket likes this.
  16. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

I give them a pass for interviewing "witnesses"; but when they doctored that photo of the AA with the AR-15 to claim white racist were bringing guns to Obama rallies - that was it for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wadtucket and TheGZA like this.
  17. waiguoren

waiguoren Silver Belt

can you explain this differently? I'm not following

Wadtucket likes this.
  18. SBJJ

SBJJ Gold Belt

It was not just 24 hours. I still believe to this day the NYT has NOT called out Phillips on his lies to the media

Wadtucket likes this.
  19. Bald1

Bald1 War Room Can

To sell or not to sell should depend on if they think they got the facts right. And the fact is all media jumped on the skewed narrative without having all the facts. Facts that weren't out of reach, but weren't looked into because the publishing the story as is was too great a temptation.

A big bold headline will stay in the public memory and overshadow the page 14 mini correction. Never should have been published in the first place, but the rush to be the first in line takes priority over properly vetting sources.

If you don't get it right the first time your reputation will suffer. Guaranteed. This principle applies to all sorts of ptoducts and services.

Wadtucket likes this.
  20. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

When Obama was in office the black guy in the picture showed up outside of a town hall to protest with an AR and a pistol.

MSNBC took a still photo from the back and cropped it to show the rifle without the means face or hands showing.

Then they showed the photo while they discussed "racist whites protesting Obama rallies while carrying guns".

Wadtucket, Zer, TheGZA and 3 others like this.