Crime Empire star attacked . Claims racial and homophobic slurs were yelled at him

Do you think Empire star Jussie Smollett is a victim of a hate crime, or is it a false flag?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more that I’m just worn down from the upsetting news cycle and try to avoid it these days. But fair enough.

Are you the least bit irritated that fake stories like this one are made to manipulate your emotions, before all the facts are out?

I suppose what I'm asking here is, do you hold the same outrage for the media and the liar, as you do the supposed "racist attackers"? Are you as offended at the manipulation, as you are the alleged racist/homophobic attack? Do you forgive the media and the liar for deceiving you, more than you do the imaginary MAGA boogeymen?

Last edited:
Are you the least bit irritated that fake stories like this one are made to manipulate your emotions, before all the facts are out?
Well I am going to assume you are interested in an actual discussion about this instead of just a gotcha so I'll answer honestly. I would say that a hate crime isn't a fake story, and if, for some reason, this turns out to be a made up hate crime then that is a story too. Given that there has been a noted rise in hate crimes since Trump took office (and I am sure the response to this will be that they are all fake) and I guess this guy is a celebrity I can see why it's a story. I can't really say it irritates me because it didn't really manipulate my feelings. I am sure whether or not this attack is legitimate doesn't change how you or I feel politically, nothing has changed. At least not for me. My reaction was that's sad. If it's false my reaction will be that's sad.

I suppose what I'm asking here is, do you hold the same outrage for the media and the liar, as you do the supposed "racist attackers"? Are you as offended at the manipulation, as you are the alleged racist/homophobic attack? Do you forgive the media and the liar for deceiving you, more than you do the imaginary MAGA boogeymen?
I just saw your edit. Where did I say I was outraged? If you are asking if I think someone lying about being attacked and the media reporting on it is equally as bad as actual hate crimes the answer is of course no. If this didn't happen do I forgive the media for being deceived ? I guess. I don't really know what it means to forgive media. Do I forgive the "liar"? I mean, I think it's a bad thing to do and I literally haven't heard of him before this so I don't know his character but no I wouldn't forgive him. As for imaginary MAGA boogeymen I see plenty of very real MAGA boogeymen and I wouldn't forgive them either.

I literally got tagged in this thread and that's why I responded. Not everyone is obsessed with this story, believe it or not.

Obsessed? Agree. You're aware of it though. To try and pretend that you aren't is an insult to insult to people's intelligence .

@ocean size
The msm's obsession with running with a racist narrative even when it becomes obvious that it's all manufactured bs.
There have been real racial incidents recently but they haven't got any MSM attention, and I am talking about White folks being the perps . I think it is too simplistic to just assume the MSM will run with any story that shows White racists ; it seems more a case of the MSM running with a story that has a certain je ne sais pas.

Obsessed? Agree. You're aware of it though. To try and pretend that you aren't is an insult to insult to people's intelligence .
I'm aware of it, but I haven't been following the updates like at all. Would you rather I lie and say yeah he for sure got attacked? Jesus, what a weird hill to die on, calling out people for not following a news story.

i literally dont think i have ever personally seen a person wearing a MAGA hat. Certainly not a patrolling gang of them. Has anyone in here? I mean seen multiple people wearing the hats walking around. they didnt even have to be assaulting minorities. Outside of a political rally of course. anyone?

saw one guy with the hat in petsmart. I had on a mets hat. Dog didn't have a hat.

There have been real racial incidents recently but they haven't got any MSM attention, and I am talking about White folks being the perps . I think it is too simplistic to just assume the MSM will run with any story that shows White racists ; it seems more a case of the MSM running with a story that has a certain je ne sais pas.

not in maricopa county.

I'm aware of it, but I haven't been following the updates like at all. Would you rather I lie and say yeah he for sure got attacked? Jesus, what a weird hill to die on, calling out people for not following a news story.

No. I'd rather people be honest and call this coward a liar. Not a political thing but rather a moral thing. Look at the coverage on this. To pretend that you post in here and don't follow the media coverage on it is a blatant lie. On you if you choose to own it.

No. I'd rather people be honest and call this coward a liar. Not a political thing but rather a moral thing. Look at the coverage on this. To pretend that you post in here and don't follow the media coverage on it is a blatant lie. On you if you choose to own it.
I got tagged in here randomly. I didn't post in here literally until @waiguoren tagged me lol.

If this didn't happen do I forgive the media for being deceived ? I guess.

You're assuming "the media" was "deceived".

Perhaps the editors knew these stories were flimsy at best but chose to publish anyway for clicks/views/ads or to appease their readership.

@Essie doesn't post that much in here from what I gather. S/he is one of the few people I have encountered who actively calls for open borders. I like interacting with people with different perspectives, so I sometimes tag him/her for a new take on matters. I think it's likely that s/he hasn't followed the media coverage of this incident.

You're assuming "the media" was "deceived".

Perhaps the editors knew these stories were flimsy at best but chose to publish anyway for clicks/views/ads or to appease their readership.
Again, and this is me being genuine and I hope you believe me, I haven't followed the twists and turns here. I saw a report on pitchfork that said empire actor attacked in alleged hate crime. I read it, said oh that sucks and moved on. I've never seen empire and I don't know who this guy is. So if I am wrong, correct me. My understanding is you all are upset about the initial reporting that went right out of the gates fast without giving time for details to unfold. And your position is that the media actually knew these details and just ignored them to push a narrative. That could be true but from my experience in media the pace of information is so quick that the first reporting on breaking news is often hugely inaccurate.

If you are talking about like opinion pieces that said this attack is further proof of x y or z then I am fine with that because they are opinion pieces not reported news. If the point here is to admit that the news media is largely liberally biased then of course I admit that.

I can't really say it irritates me because it didn't really manipulate my feelings.

Oh', but it has. If you believe it happened, but it actually didn't, your feelings were manipulated by the liar and the media who reported his lies as if they were fact.

I'm just curious why you wouldn't be as offended by the lie, as you would be by the story told by the liar. Take politics out of it. If I tell you a lie, and you believe it, and then find out I'm lying, wouldn't you think I'm untrustworthy? Wouldn't you be irritated that I lied to you? OR, would you be less irritated if I told you a lie you wanted to hear? Do you not see how that mindset can lead to further deception by the person telling you the lies?

Oh', but it has. If you believe it happened, but it actually didn't, your feelings were manipulated by the liar and the media who reported his lies as if they were fact.

I'm just curious why you wouldn't be as offended by the lie, as you would be by the story told by the liar. Take politics out of it. If I tell you a lie, and you believe it, and then find out I'm lying, wouldn't you think I'm untrustworthy? Wouldn't you be irritated that I lied to you? OR, would you be less irritated if I told you a lie you wanted to hear? Do you not see how that mindset can lead to further deception by the person telling you the lies?
For like the 20th time I haven't followed this case lol. I voted that it happened because the initial report sounding reasonable to me. My point about being less offended by the lie than if the crime actually took place more has to do with the weight of each thing. I thought you were asking if I would be more mad at actual racist people attacking someone or someone lying about being attacked by racist people. The former for me is obviously more upsetting because actual violence occurred. If you lied to me that you punched my mom and then someone did punch my mom I'd be more mad at the person who punched her than at you for lying. That doesn't mean I am not also mad at you for lying and I said I wouldn't forgive this empire actor or consider him trustworthy. It's just levels. I hope that makes sense. I'm trying to keep this civil.

edit: Also hate crimes are the last kind of lies I want to believe, trust me. i would love to think that we live in a world where such things dont happen.

@Essie doesn't post that much in here from what I gather. S/he is one of the few people I have encountered who actively calls for open borders. I like interacting with people with different perspectives, so I sometimes tag him/her for a new take on matters. I think it's likely that s/he hasn't followed the media coverage of this incident.

I just find it very hard to believe that anyone who posts in here isn't aware of the situation. @Jack V Savage acted like he didn't pay attention to this when he literally has an opinion on everything.

Its funny people are more mad about this than the African American woman who almost beat a man to death with a brick because of his Mexican race. This is America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back