Emmanuel Steward boxing clinics

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by archdeacon99, Jul 16, 2010.

1. archdeacon99

archdeacon99 White Belt

2. thirteen

thirteen Brown Belt

Man I'd give my balls to attend.

3. peytonlucy

peytonlucy Silver Belt

Kronk, that's all you need to say.

4. Janilane

Janilane Guest

This trainer is overrated. Look what he's done to Jermain Taylor.

5. NuTzOnSwOll

NuTzOnSwOll Purple Belt

yeah ? but look at what he did to Hearns.

do u know much about boxing or are you just spouting off what somebody else muttered.

here are a bunch of guys who would disagree with your uneducated opinion :

Thomas Hearns
    Wilfred Ben

6. Janilane

Janilane Guest

7. NuTzOnSwOll

NuTzOnSwOll Purple Belt

fixed.

:icon_lol:

8. ssullivan80

ssullivan80 see....what had happened was

I think that has less to do with Emmanuel Steward and more to do with Jermain Taylor, Who after Steward decided to work with Ozell Nelson, and the results were no better. Jermaine isn't the same fighter he was when he was with Pat Burns (his first trainer)...... been downhill since. Personally, I think that has more to do with J Taylor than it does his coaching....... Moving up in weight after getting mauled by Pavlik didnt do him any favors either......

Really, I think the only fight Jermaine lost when being coached by Steward was the fight with Pavlik....... 1st fight under Steward was a draw against Winky wright, who is another hall of famer. He beat Corey Spinks under Steward's coaching too...... Can't recall the other fight. But im pretty sure the only fight he lost under Steward was against Pavlik.....

on a separate note, i have actually visited and trained a couple times at Kronk (Stewards gym in Detroit), he was only in the gym for about an hour when i visited and i didn't receive much more than a handshake from him, which is more than i even expected........ But i did get a chance to watch him work with and corner one of his gyms newest pro fighter during sparring, young kid (cant recall his name) probably cruiser or LHW....... Either way, he was very methodical and i was impressed at the amount of intricate detail he could see, correct and provide coaching on. Needless to say, being at that gym was a humbling experience..... I thought i was at least a "relatively good" boxer, even though i was primarily a kickboxer......... that illusion was thwarted pretty abruptly my first sparring session at Kronk, got my ass beat.....several times. All in all, good experience though and any opportunity to learn from a coach of Steward's caliber in any capacity could only be beneficial to a fighters knowledge! The guy has proven to be a world class coach and trainer, he certainly has some valuable knowledge to give.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  9. NuTzOnSwOll

NuTzOnSwOll Purple Belt

wow....could you elaborate further on your time there ?

btw im not a ES fan but i hate when some low level clown up n pipes "so n so sucks"
    about somebody of that stature.

gtfo