International Emirati "slave" migrant workers guaranteed healthcare and paid vacation

Look at this classic middle manager right here <Lmaoo>
The slave masters enforcer

Don't get mad at people with jobs, sniper...they pay for your welfare.

But are you really arguing a law that hasn't passed final stages, not implemented from an article that is two years old is somehow relevant to sticking it to Americans?

also - these workers leave the UAE much better off than when they came, which is why they arrive in droves and continue to arrive in droves. Its back breaking work for about 2-3 years then they dip out and take their money back to their home country and live much better lives.

This is only true for migrant workers in The more strict Islamic countries like Saudi, at-least for the male workers. The ones in places like UAE have too many things they can spend money on like alcohol.

This thread reminds me of the time @Rod1 tried to explain how iran....a theocracy was "thuper progrethive guise!" concerning their views on transgenderism and how we should feel bad because we are more backwards than them. Literally almost as if TS copied the theme of that post.

So let me get this straight.....
poor migrant workers from SE Asia are guaranteed healthcare and one month paid vacation, by an Islamic theocracy, but the "most prosperous, best, wealthiest, most free nation ever on earth", can't even get mothers paid maternity leave?
So next time you mock transgender people remember you are being more backwards than a fucking theocracy.

You guiiiiissseeeeee thuuuuuuper progrethive!!!!!

This trend of comparing nations with civil liberties and freedoms to maniacal theocracies due to an alignment of values needs to just run and play in traffic.

This thread reminds me of the time @Rod1 tried to explain how iran....a theocracy was "thuper progrethive guise!" concerning their views on transgenderism and how we should feel bad because we are more backwards than them. Literally almost as if TS copied the theme of that post.

You guiiiiissseeeeee thuuuuuuper progrethive!!!!!

This trend of comparing nations with civil liberties and freedoms to maniacal theocracies due to an alignment of values needs to just run and play in traffic.
The simplicity that dominates the conservative mind on full display

these people make way more money working in the UAE than they did in their home countries where they basically live off the land (subsistence)
this is the same thing thats happening in china - all the desperate poor people from the country move into the city and go to work in the factories to work hard and improve their lives
this is the same thing that America went through during the industrial revolution, the only difference is that during our industrial revolution we had kids in the factories and gave no one healthcare or paid vacation XDDD

they even do capitalism better than us bruh

So you are okay with American corporations setting up sweatshops in poor countries then?

But as for working in the UAE or any other Arab country it depends on who you are and what you are doing. If you are European or American you do quite well and have good conditions, though you have to be careful travelling to and from your heavily guarded compound, and whatever work or tourist areas you go to.

Workers from poor Asian and African countries however are treated very poorly. They face serious abuse and even death from their employers. Their passports are taken from them so that they can't just flee any time they want to.
https://psmag.com/social-justice/why-are-migrant-workers-passports-still-being-held-hostage-in-uae

And this "law" that was passed may not mean anything. Just public relations boiler plate to keep the West off their backs. It's the same thing with slavery in these countries. They didn't officially ban it until the 20th century, but it still goes on and in some cases openly. It's just not "legal"

I live in Japan. You're guaranteed all kinds of rights as a worker. In reality thays not true at all. I was guaranteed two days off for my kid being born. Had to beg and grovel to get them to honor the agreement in my contract.
Have seen and had it happen to me, where companies take advantage of workers and break the law. You can go to the labor board, but nothing actually happens.

. I doubt these laws are actually enforced at all, or maybe occasionally as window dressing.
Having a law and enforcing it are two separate things. I'd like workers to have more benefits in the US. Problem is amazon and Walmart find ways around it and make it hard to give benefits and still be competitive.

And you've read correctly. I had a cousin who was doing IT work in the country and he had to leave as soon as the contract was up because he couldn't stand to see the way these people were being treated. He said it took him everything he had to avoid causing an issue because they were outright abusive to these people. The minute his contract was up he left and said no to any offers to stay.
They also passed a lqa in the UAE, years ago. That workers, outdoors like construction workers don't work if it's above 40c. Apparently it never officially gets above 40c

Why so abrasive boy? Did you wife's boyfriend not fuck her right? I think I see why you're so mad.
I combat conservative retardation with equal amounts of piss, vinegar and vitriol. It's the only language you morons understand because discourse based on rationality, logic, facts, and reason doesn't go anywhere with you.

I think the idea is: if your country's prosperity is so reliant on these migrant workers you should treat them well or they'll stop coming.

This is a big part of the new law(s).

UAE doesn't want to lose out on prospective expat workers to their rivals in the GCC.

For instance, all countries on the gulf were supposed to implement a Value Added Tax on the same date. However, when push came to shove, other countries balked at that plan. So, the UAE went forward.

UAE is in the midst of a brain-drain. Qatar wants to be the more attractive option for professional expats within the region.

Expect more laws on the books soon to try to sweeten the pot between Saudi/UAE & Qatar.

I wonder if there's an element of competition between these GCC states for these workers, like maybe this law was supposed to show the countries these migrants come from that the UAE is a better destination for work.
This.

Back