eminence grise - figures behind the scenes in UFC

Mr.Burns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to check out how widespread are some of my preconceptions with regards to the question of who is in your view the real champion of any given weight division.

For instance,

HW - Miocic. Because, Cormier is a fluke champion. He wins maybe 1 in 4 fights against Stipe. I also think that Alistair Overeem beats Cormier. So, at least for me, Cormier being a champ is surely an anomaly - a chance event that went his way. But he is not going to remain a champ for much longer.

LHW - there is no question here, it must be JJ. But Cormier might be the rightful king of the division - he tools all others, he just needs to figure out how to beat the cheat.

MW - I honestly believe that Mousasi will tool anybody - Rockhold, Romero, Whittaker, Wideman and others. He was blackballed instead. I don't know why.

WW - no questions Askren is the guy who was just artificially ostracized by the pink goof. He tools GSP, and Woodley and others with ease.

LW - Khabib is rightly the champ, he is more dominant than JJ is in LHW. Far more so. Others can literally start looking at lower weight class division. Conor for instance.

Holloway will soon find it difficult to make weight, hence Aldo could get on the top - he is by far the smallest guy who was a champ for a long long time in his division but he is no doubt most skilled one in that division. He just got worse lately - but I think he can rekindle the fire.

Please, drop by and tell a bit more if you have an opinion.

Cormies beats stipe 4/5.

Moose has a decent chance against whittaker but im pretty sure Romero beats him.

Askren is a poor mans version of Woodley also he would never fight t-wood.

List is shit.

I don't know man. DC won in a competitive fight and showed he can KO Stipe and he didn't even need to use his Wrestling which is levels above Stipes. I'm a long time Stipe fan and don't really care to much for DC but I don't see him as a fluke champ and don't know about him losing 3 of 4.

Love Moose and he very well could be champ but he left of his own accord cause Bellator made him a better offer with more freedom.

Ben is great but lol at him tooling GSP. Sheilds was a better version of Ben and he couldn't do it so I doubt Ben would have.

I agree with you about Aldo. One of the most well rounded and skilled fighters of all time but the milage may have finally caught up to him and cost him a step. His next fight should show wether he can ever regain his dominance if Max steps aside.

They're champs cause they won, fluke or not...gonna have to suffer till fantasies are reality

<seedat>

I don't know man. DC won in a competitive fight and showed he can KO Stipe and he didn't even need to use his Wrestling which is levels above Stipes. I'm a long time Stipe fan and don't really care to much for DC but I don't see him as a fluke champ and don't know about him losing 3 of 4.

I hope we get to see DC fight Stipe. I think Miocic is ruing the day he was a bit careless. He probably will start genuinely hating DC in time since the later will not give him a rematch any time soon.

I hope we get to see DC fight Stipe. I think Miocic is ruing the day he was a bit careless. He probably will start genuinely hating DC in time since the later will not give him a rematch any time soon.
Rematch should be good but Stipe really should take a fight in the meantime to stay active instead of sitting around dwelling on the first fight.

Rematch should be good but Stipe really should take a fight in the meantime to stay active instead of sitting around dwelling on the first fight.
He will have to - although is the full-time firefighter. But his wife will convince him to take a fight. The HW division is a joke and Stipe is actually only two - three fights away from a championship fight in worst case. Say he kicks ass of Rothwell, Black Beast and say Hunt - he will be forced to fight DC. Stipe is not the most reliable pair of hands but other are even more so.

He will have to - although is the full-time firefighter. But his wife will convince him to take a fight. The HW division is a joke and Stipe is actually only two - three fights away from a championship fight in worst case. Say he kicks ass of Rothwell, Black Beast and say Hunt - he will be forced to fight DC. Stipe is not the most reliable pair of hands but other are even more so.
Yeah man, I can see him fighting for the belt with just 1 good win but he really needs to stop sitting around complaining and go remind everyone why he is the most successful champion in UFC history. If he doesn't and DC keeps fighting the Derrick Lewis's of the division he'll lose that distinction to DC too while he sits on the sidelines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back