Eminem is trash

the first song I ever heard from him - "My Name Is.." or whatever the fuck was all it took for me to never like him or his music.

I respect what he's done but I can't get down with his shit.
Hey kids do you like violence

Hey kids do you like violence

my favorite thing to listen to
giphy.gif

One of the best points Carlos Mencia ever made was that back when Eminem first got hot, his whole schtick was being crazy. "Whoooa I'm CRAZY! I'll shoot my momma! I'll kidnap my girlfriend! I'll take all kinds of pills! Cuh-Razy man!"

Yet in every single freestyle he ever did, every tape and album he ever recorded, he never once said the N-word.

He's crazy, but he wasn't THAT crazy now was he?
Mencia is a can

I've listened to several songs now. Seems like a pretty decent album, probably in the top 1/3 of his albums. Little better than Kamikaze.

GOAT

I don't even agree at all with his misguided sociopolitical message here, and also think it's kinda fucked up to make the LV shooter seem in any way even remotely sympathetic, and this whole thing is crass shock value posing as poignancy, & yet his skill is so good it was compelling the whole way through.

Sorry homey

2a1093_dc74d1ff658c405087cd1b7059a48090~mv2.gif

I wouldnt say he is the GOAT but he is good. These guys trying to trash him, thinking it's the "cool" thing to do are trash themselves lol.

Haven’t heard this new album but I loved that Lucky You song. That shit was dope.

Dude could have made Slimshady LP and MM LP alone and he would still have legend status.

I think the Eminem Show is really high level too. Encore is really the only album between SLimshady LP and Recovery that I’m not on board with.

Relapse and Recovery are certainly not on the level of the earlier stuff, but they have some solid tracks.

I fell off with his stuff after that but not out of feeling he had fallen off so much as just kind of shifting in what I was listening to. I'm a fan.

Last edited:
Eminem is a great rapper, even his biggest haters admit it. You may not like his overall style or message, but the man can drop lyrics like nobodies business and if he feels like it will nuke people into the ground.

Come on now. There is no way Eminem is trash. You can't have his type of longevity in a fickle genre like hip-hop/rap. Rap music is a young man's game. It's all about whoever is hot at the moment and that window will close on an artist quick.

Em is still as lyrically gifted as he ever was although he's wit and creativity has waned over the years when it comes to making actual songs. Happens to every artist. Hard to stay consistent when the sound and culture keeps changing. I bet Em was going to hang it up years ago until people like TS started calling him 'trash' so he probably was like, "Well, here's some new trash for you buddy. I hope you hate it."

His new album is pretty solid to me. Was inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's album from 1956

Ive met a few Stans, super obsessive fans. They made me sick. I was a normal fan back in the day but he should probably follow Dr.Dre and drop the mic. Im not listening to the new album but I might down the road. How has hiphop continued to avoid the NPCs? Its bewildering really, one of the most racist, sexist and filthy genres of music ever created but not a peep from the social justice geeks. Not complaining but why comedy and not rap?

Eminem is a great rapper, even his biggest haters admit it. You may not like his overall style or message, but the man can drop lyrics like nobodies business and if he feels like it will nuke people into the ground.

For real

I always love how I hear folks who hate on Em say he's 'irrelevant' and I'm like, "every album this dude has dropped the last 20 years have went number 1 in the world even the albums that weren't well received by the public." Especially when you consider how many of his former 'fans' have stopped listening to his newer music.

Its bewildering really, one of the most racist, sexist and filthy genres of music ever created but not a peep from the social justice geeks. Not complaining but why comedy and not rap?

Because rap music is black music and those people will be accused of trying to tear down the black man's way of expressing himself and making a living. Already been down this road with groups like 2 Live Crew and NWA in the late 80s early 90s. But back then it was "racist white conservatives" and "sell out black folks" doing the protesting against vulgar rap music.

Because rap music is black music and those people will be accused of trying to tear down the black man's way of expressing himself and making a living. Already been down this road with groups like 2 Live Crew and NWA in the late 80s early 90s. But back then it was "racist white conservatives" and "sell out black folks" doing the protesting against vulgar rap music.

Oh wow, thats right. I remember that too. They started off small now theyre stronger than the law. That might go to show that if you weather the shitstorm with umbrellas of zero fucks given, you become untouchable afterwards.

For real

I always love how I hear folks who hate on Em say he's 'irrelevant' and I'm like, "every album this dude has dropped the last 20 years have went number 1 in the world even the albums that weren't well received by the public." Especially when you consider how many of his former 'fans' have stopped listening to his newer music.

Hell yeah. Moreover, I really like the fact that this is a guy who had his demons and had to deal with a lot of issues- poverty, insecurity, jealousy, drug addiction, etc- and now he's just a super successful dude with an extremely high net worth. Any way you cut it, as a rapper, as a producer, what have you, he's someone who has really attained a level of success that few do in their given fields. If he's not putting out content as awesome as what he did in '99, who really cares? He's achieved a great deal and continues to deliver. A real success story.

Ive met a few Stans, super obsessive fans. They made me sick. I was a normal fan back in the day but he should probably follow Dr.Dre and drop the mic. Im not listening to the new album but I might down the road. How has hiphop continued to avoid the NPCs? Its bewildering really, one of the most racist, sexist and filthy genres of music ever created but not a peep from the social justice geeks. Not complaining but why comedy and not rap?
I like his early stuff. Once I was chatting on xbox with a super fan and made a joke about how something eminem said was corny and this stan fan was really outraged by it. He told me that he refused to speak to me anymore as a result of my comment made about his idol. Lol

For real

Guy can sleep for a few years, then come out and drop bars that would make the best wonder where they went wrong. Even when he is old and beyond the game, he can come back and jackslap the newbies just to remind them he is still a lyrical genius.

nah brah. he proved how skilled he was in kamikaze tearing these shitty soundcloud rappers a new asshole
220px-Eminem_-_Kamikaze.jpg

Back