News Emil Weber Meek, Joe Ellenberger, and Alexander Yakovlev has been released by the UFC

I was surprised at Meek until I looked to see he'd lost his last three fights, hasn't fought in well over a year and has only fought three times in the past two years. Yeah, now I understand.

Bryan Barberena ended the careers of both Jake and Joe Ellenberger. Jake accepted it immediately and announced his retirement in the post-fight interview inside the Octagon, but Joe still hasn't come to grips with it after 7 years?

Meek was fun but never fought and was on a bit of a bad streak. Joe Ellenburger resurface is also fun.

I thought Yakovlev retired or something. Not so surprised about the other two though.

Joe Ellenberger fought last in 2014 I know he has a blood disease but like come on how can it take so long to release him?

alexander yakovlev,this guy was in the ufc???? wtf ofc it was time to go.never seen or heard of him but the dude is old asf
1200px-%D0%9C%D0%B5%D0%B6%D0%B4%D1%83%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%9B%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B4%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%8F_38.jpg

did not know any of these guys were still fighting.

I'm slightly sad Emil 'Valhalla' Meek got cut.
But...he had lost 3 in a row and that's never good.

I still remember the fight Valhalla had when he KO'd Palhares! There was a dude in the crowd SCREAMING repeatedly "VALHALLAAAAAAA!!!!!!".

- was very entertaining.
and any day that that lunatic Palhares loses is a good day.

joe was tested by usada twice in 2021.....

Bryan Barberena ended the careers of both Jake and Joe Ellenberger. Jake accepted it immediately and announced his retirement in the post-fight interview inside the Octagon, but Joe still hasn't come to grips with it after 7 years?

Jake got knocked out 4 fights in a row and was already cut - he had begged Dana for one more shot and unequivocally told it was his last fight. This was on his career ending run of 2-8.

Joe was 15-2 with a three fight win streak before Barberena. Literally nothing in common other then being brothers.

The UFC are pretty much horrible partners when it comes to contracts. They kept Joe under contract for 7 years because, frankly, fighters don't have the money to get it vacated in court.

Back