Emerging Bipolar Therapies

I appreciate this post and I'm glad you're finding success with treatment. Not all of us can say the same, and man, I love psychedelics once in a blue moon so I'd say your mileage may vary.

Thank you. I’m happy to share my experience on this subject. Hopefully it helps others.

Regarding psychedelics, I have nothing against a good time with a good party favor... I just don’t like the premise that you can drink some joe Rogan tea in a South American jungle and magically cure a chemical imbalance mental illness.

I do however think mdma and psychedelics can play a significant role in treating ptsd like for soldiers returning from war for example.

Anyone watch bipolar rock n roller with Mauro Ranallo? Was shocked at how similar my manic symptoms were to his.... Dat rapid speech. He’s inspiration. Goat commentator

sodium valporate is now banned for prescription to women.

Looks like the UK banned Depakote for women of childbearing age unless they have some pregnancy prevention strategy in place. Seems there should be a risk-benefit analysis on a case-by-case basis rather than an outright ban.

I got to experience first hand a patient at our hospital who overdosed on Lithium. It was one of the weirdest, most disturbing things I'd seen at work. And I work in the emergency department of a level 2 trauma center, to give context.
Details?

Thank you. I’m happy to share my experience on this subject. Hopefully it helps others.

Regarding psychedelics, I have nothing against a good time with a good party favor... I just don’t like the premise that you can drink some joe Rogan tea in a South American jungle and magically cure a chemical imbalance mental illness.

I do however think mdma and psychedelics can play a significant role in treating ptsd like for soldiers returning from war for example.

Anyone watch bipolar rock n roller with Mauro Ranallo? Was shocked at how similar my manic symptoms were to his.... Dat rapid speech. He’s inspiration. Goat commentator
Sorry, can't agree with you on Mauro's commentary, but yeah, he had a rough go at times.
I'm fortunate; my symptoms are of the type 2 variety so my manic periods are quite different--less severe and less frequent. For me, that's the fun part. It's the rest of the time that is difficult. The aftermath of a manic episode is like cleaning up after a really long bender. Disgusting and depressing.

And sure, ayahuasca would should not be anyone's first experience with psychedelics. It's on my bucket list though. It's said to give one insight so, no, I don't know that it's going to cure anything, but having a deeper understanding might lead to control without medications.

Back