Emelianenko Bros.: World's Toughest Playground Bullies?

Originally posted by Shaolin-ChuteBoxer
Now I know you're trolling. You over shot it bro, next time keep it subtle.
I'm not. Just look at how Ogawa has surprised all his other opponents with his tricky stiff punch. Ogawa has been training boxing for a while you know.

Just one of those shots could really take Fedor out of his gameplan just like it did with Fujita, but THIS TIME Fedor is up against a guy like Ogawa who can TAKE ADVANTAGE of Fedor's dizzy state.

slamming a tire with a sledge is much like chopping wood, it helps to develop the muscles for throwing an overhand punch but unlike chopping wood there is never any hassle of having to dig the fucker back out infact with the tire, it will give u a pop up to reload again quickly

old school boxers like to chop wood, these guys like to sledge tires....

this is what you call effective weight training

Originally posted by MMANIAC
I'm not. Just look at how Ogawa has surprised all his other opponents with his tricky stiff punch. Ogawa has been training boxing for a while you know.

Just one of those shots could really take Fedor out of his gameplan just like it did with Fujita, but THIS TIME Fedor is up against a guy like Ogawa who can TAKE ADVANTAGE of Fedor's dizzy state.

It's over, you've been caught red handed. You may not pass go, you may not collect $200.

Those pics are genius. Great post. Good to see Alex is lighter than past fights, he must have been working on diet and exercise. I'm still not sold on that tire thing, it looks ridiculous. Don't these guys make enough money that they can train in more new school fashion? I guess you can't argue with success to some degree.

I wish the Ogawa trolls would just knock it off already, it wasn't funny three weeks ago, it's just gotten unfunnier with every passing day.

They sure look really....human... in those pics.
Great stuf. When you watch these guys in the Pride
ring they occur kind of surreal. But these pics in the
park, Alexander with the flip flops and the playground
and all... they look like ordinary human beings :)
Great post anyway!

I'm not a betting man, but isn't Alex a heavy underdog at like +250? Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he beats CroCop.

Originally posted by Green Beret
A lot of the Ruskies still use old school conditioning but they also incorporate high tech stuff and avidly study fight films.

Yeah, this reminds me of some old Karelin training vid clips I saw. He does a lot of stuff with swinging his arms around using rubber cords for resistance, etc. No frikkin hi tech machines their either. They really seem to prefer those kind of whole-body holisitic exercise motions to weight training on isolated muscle groups.

What are some russian dishes(food) that the brothers might eat after a training session?

Originally posted by passeiocarro
"Russian school", "no high tech", I doubt it.

Sure? see

39b.jpg

36b.jpg

37b.jpg

42b.jpg

These guys will surely make some widows at the GP... RIP Mirko

all those picture come from that wonderfull website :

http://fedor.bel.ru/gallery/index_eng.shtml

Aleksander Emelianenko, the Sledge Hammer weilding barbarian will face off against Mirko "The Knight" Crocop, the man in a suit of shining armour...

random

Originally posted by SpacePotato
Another interesting thing they practice is spinning around "like a ballerina" til they get dizzy, then shadow boxing or sparring. (Now we know how Fedor seems to be able to fight even when he has been knocked silly by Fujita, Kevin's slam, etc...?)

Damn, I've ogten joked about how that would be an effective way to train fighting while dazed... maybe it indeed is! :)

You see the two broads in the background?

They join them on the playground as a brutal warm-down after the 8 hours of training.

Originally posted by On the Lam
So a children's playground was the most appropriate place they could find to train? I'd hate to venture a guess where they think it's appropriate to have sex...

Originally posted by SpacePotato
Wow. I'll bet no one cuts in line for the monkey bars when these guys are in the playground.

im00002533.jpg

I love the mild-mannered housewives chatting in the background. I'd be worried about my kids catching a sledgehammer shot to the head...
im00002532.jpg

These are from and interesting but long article on sportsnavi today by a guy who went out to their home town to watch them train in the countryside.

He describes their training as old skool soviet style: no hi-tech weight machines, etc. Just real spartan stuff like some iron dumbells, running, slamming the tire with the sledgehammer, etc.

Training based out of a campsite among the wheatfields of their home town. Starting at 10am is road work, followed by sparring and all manner of old skool low tech training, like shadow boxing holding dumbbells, etc. Two sessions totalling 8 hours a day. Another interesting thing they practice is spinning around "like a ballerina" til they get dizzy, then shadow boxing or sparring. (Now we know how Fedor seems to be able to fight even when he has been knocked silly by Fujita, Kevin's slam, etc...?)

Fedor says that up until 5 years ago, he trained with weights, but he realized that by practicing fighting moves, you can effectively develop the muscles that you actually use in fighting, so he stopped weight training.

Fedor says we will not be seeing Ogawa do his little "Hustle pose" after this fight (I'm so happy to hear that ;) )

Anyway, there is lots more, but too much to translate. Suffice to say that the bros are training hard, and pretty much own the local playground :)

Damn these Russians are DANGEROUS

Originally posted by dy-no-mite3000
it doesnt get more hardcore than flipflops yanno?

He wears them on purpose, as a challenge to people... "yeah, go ahead, I dare you to tell me that I look like a :eek::eek::eek: in these things..."

Back