Resolved Embedded tweets and Instagrams have stopped displaying.

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I haven't changed any options or updated anything. They have always worked since I joined, then last night stopped working for several hours, then started again for maybe an hour or so today and now they have stopped again. I have checked in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. In Chrome I just see the little bird logo for tweets or the camera logo for Instagram; in Firefox and Edge it says 'Cannot connect to Twitter. Disable any adblocker and tracking prevention and try again.' I have Adblocker in Firefox but not in Chrome or Edge. I don't have any tracking prevention as far as I know.

Edit: 5 minutes later and they are displaying again. I'll update if they stop again.

Last edited:
They are displaying in Chrome but still the same error message in Firefox and Edge.

They have stopped displaying in Chrome again and still the same error message in Firefox and Edge.

Edit: They are displaying again in Chrome but not in Firefox or Edge.

Last edited:
Intermittently tweets don't load and you have to refresh, sometimes several times, and eventually they load. Sometimes they take a long time to load. However at the moment tweets with embedded videos are not loading the videos, ie there isn't even a screen displayed.

Examples:

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/171742893

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/171744026/

It's showing for me, but sometimes tweets don't load on here or other sites so it's not specific to here. Musk keeps breaking things.

It's showing for me, but sometimes tweets don't load on here or other sites so it's not specific to here. Musk keeps breaking things.

I haven't changed anything but they are also now showing for me.

Was wondering the same thing, glad it wasn’t just me that the Twitter/X links weren’t embedding. I even started using the embedded tool again a little while ago, instead of just directly posting the link

Was wondering the same thing, glad it wasn’t just me that the Twitter/X links weren’t embedding. I even started using the embedded tool again a little while ago, instead of just directly posting the link
I noticed a couple of your posts with twitter links weren't working. I clicked the link you posted and from there clicked on the account. I then scrolled down to the tweet you were trying to embed and clicked on it. I then copied the url and pasted it into the thread and it seemed to work. The url string was shorter than the one you were trying to post. That may have something to do with it?

I noticed a couple of your posts with twitter links weren't working. I clicked the link you posted and from there clicked on the account. I then scrolled down to the tweet you were trying to embed and clicked on it. I then copied the url and pasted it into the thread and it seemed to work. The url string was shorter than the one you were trying to post. That may have something to do with it?
I don’t know. I clicked on “copy link” on Twitter/x, same as always, then used the embed link feature

When you copy a link from Twitter/x and click the media icon pasting the URL it in, Sherdog doesn't like "X.com" you have to replace the X with twitter.com not capitalized.

It would be nice to add "x.com" into the

"You may embed media from the following site" list

When you copy a link from Twitter/x and click the media icon pasting the URL it in, Sherdog doesn't like "X.com" you have to replace the X with twitter.com not capitalized.

It would be nice to add "x.com" into the

"You may embed media from the following site" list
That is something that Xenforo is working on, and we should hopefully have a fix in the near future.

Or X's or whatever they're called now. Not sure if this is an issue for everyone or just for me. I've tried a few different tweets in new threads and in replies to test it and no joy.

Or X's or whatever they're called now. Not sure if this is an issue for everyone or just for me. I've tried a few different tweets in new threads and in replies to test it and no joy.

Just change the "x.com" in in the embedded link back to "twitter.com"

Tweets have stopped displaying again.
Yep and still have to replace x.com with Twitter.com. Tell someone to use chatgpt it will tell you how to fix this in the code

Edit it’s probably not this easy but should take months to make the change

ChatGPT- To replace "Twitter.com" with "x.com media insert" in XenForo code, you would need to modify the template files or the relevant code snippet. Here's a general approach you can follow:

1. Access your XenForo admin panel and navigate to the "Appearance" section.
2. Choose the template that contains the code you want to modify. This could be a specific template for forum threads, posts, or a custom template.
3. Open the template editor for the chosen template.
4. Use the search function within the editor to locate the code that contains "Twitter.com".
5. Replace "Twitter.com" with "x.com media insert" in the appropriate code section.
6. Save the changes and refresh the forum page to see the updated result.

Always make backups

Back