Embarassing guard pass.

Hmm Have you been training at a real place with real guys for a number of years to come up with this idea? Triangle is actually one of the higher percentage subs no-gi. If you have some sort of long competitive experience or many years in a good school to back up what you said, I am ready to read about it.

Hummmm. You know if you triangle me, and you're not about 90deg of me to prevent me to stand, i have chances to escape(no gi).

The key (that's what my instructor told me) is to try to be perpendicular to avoid any escape. If you stay in line when applying your triangle, you are oppen to escape. Most of the triangle we see on the net are almost always in line with the guy, so it's open to escape.

Why dont we see nice triangle from bottom with correct positionning??

Am i wrong?

well it's not that pass... And yes every single pass ever invented is a solid pass when "done correctly" but what is your opponent going to do? Stay still so you can get your technique perfectly? No, things like that pass are not used because you have a small "margin for error". Heck even rorion's boys don't use that pass when they competed.
I agree that all passes or techniques are good when done perfectly, but at the same time, they all leave you open to be swept or submitted if done incorrectly, not just this pass. If every time you go for an armbar from guard you get stacked over and get your back taken, you don't write off the armbar as a bad technique, you keep working on it until you can do it right.
How do you know Rorion's boys haven't used that pass? Have you seen all their competition matches? Didn't you start a thread a while back ago asking if anybody had competition footage of them? I only remember 2-3 videos being posted in that thread, not nearly enough to make an assumption like that.

I can't believe no comments on his page. The shame of it is, this is not uncommon, every tae kwon do school in the country has an "MMA class" now.

Reminds me of Rex Kwon Do!

one of the most awful things i have ever seen, not only does he invite a sweep, but basically asks that guy to triangle him. gotta love mini mall martial arts!!!

I have to say that all the comments about letting oneself be triangled are pretty lame. That sh*t only flies with poor grapplers or if you are massively bigger than your newb opponent.

YeahBee's joke covers it perfectly.. if you want to take a little nap, you LET yourself be triangled :)

I have to say that all the comments about letting oneself be triangled are pretty lame. That sh*t only flies with poor grapplers or if you are massively bigger than your newb opponent.

YeahBee's joke covers it perfectly.. if you want to take a little nap, you LET yourself be triangled :)

A Lot Of Strong Wrestlers Use That Pass. M. Coleman Used It From Time To Time In His Fights.

Didnt Work Against Big Nog Tho LOL.

Anyone could TEACH better with just ONE week of proper training...

imagine telling your grandkids in fifty years...

"When I was your age...BJJ was a real martial art...."

He doesn't. Otherwise he wouldn't say the triangle sux from the bottom. There is one caveat, though. If he's 350 lbs and has wide shoulders, he's right. Triangling him from the bottom sux bigtime. Otherwise, he's so stupidly wrong you should probably just ignore everything he says from now on.

I am 6'1" 225-230 lbs with an 18 inch neck. I guess that's why It's easy for me to escape triangles. It's very hard for people to tiangle me. I never really thought about my size having an effect. I'm probably the average sized guy in my class. We have two 300 pounders but nobody over 6'2". We all pretty much just throw triangles off.

There was one jiu jitsu guy that used to come to class who was like 6'4". He was able to get them in deeper than most but to light ( maybe 180 lbs) to keep it on.

Does this kind of thing seem similar to anybody?

I am 6'1" 225-230 lbs with an 18 inch neck. I guess that's why It's easy for me to escape triangles. It's very hard for people to tiangle me. I never really thought about my size having an effect. I'm probably the average sized guy in my class. We have two 300 pounders but nobody over 6'2". We all pretty much just throw triangles off.

There was one jiu jitsu guy that used to come to class who was like 6'4". He was able to get them in deeper than most but to light ( maybe 180 lbs) to keep it on.

Does this kind of thing seem similar to anybody?

The taller you are, the easier to posture up and harder for them to fully lock a triangle. 230 lbs is not average size at most gyms, maybe yours. I'd say about 5'11 180lbs is average for most just my guess.

Hahah awesome find. If he posted his leg like that I would sweep him like Cinderella's kitchen foor. Has he ever tried that against anyone?

Back